Hawaii cruise RT fr LA

geoimages

anyone taken Hawaii cruise from LA--Interested in sea days and weather/sea conditions

to/from Hawaii in late Oct.

I did a one way in late Sept from San Diego and the crossing was fantastic. smooth seas and nice warm weather.

That would be impossible. Did you board in Ensenada, not San Diego?

Yup, we boarded in Ensenada, left on a bus from San Diego. That sailing was fantastic other than the bus fiasco. Way better than the sailings leaving from Vancouver we have done. Those have always been rough close to Vancouver. I doubt there will be much difference in weather from LA to San Diego or Ensenada. Having sailed from LA a bunch of times there's not much difference in the weather between LA/San Diego/Ensenada

Yup, we boarded in Ensenada, left on a bus from San Diego. That sailing was fantastic other than the bus fiasco. Way better than the sailings leaving from Vancouver we have done. Those have always been rough close to Vancouver. I doubt there will be much difference in weather from LA to San Diego or Ensenada. Having sailed from LA a bunch of times there's not much difference in the weather between LA/San Diego/Ensenada

Interesting you had rough seas from Vancouver. I’ve done that route twice and it was great. Luck of the draw I guess

Interesting you had rough seas from Vancouver. I’ve done that route twice and it was great. Luck of the draw I guess

Done it twice , both times it was really rough the 2 before we arrived and the 2 days after we left when going the other direction. The one going westbound was crazy rough. Waves were breaking over the windows in the passport bar

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great cruise. Have done it several times including on Celebrity Summit.

Often first day to two and last day to two it can be chilly on deck with clouds and possibly some rain and you may have some rough seas. As you make your way towards Hawaii usually seas calm, and weather warms up.

It's a great cruise.

A nice mix of sea days and ports.

Keith

Elites are never wrong.

How can you call them out?? :eek:

Little quick to criticize aren't we? If you read his response it proves Elites are never wrong. He left from San Diego on a one way cruise to Hawaii. He didn't say that's where he got on the ship, he was bused to Ensanada and then caught the ship. Several years ago we did a Pacific coastal cruise on the Solstice. We flew in to San Diego and Celebrity bused us to Ensanada, on the same buses they used to bring the 2800 passenger from Ensanada that came from Sydney via Hawaii.to catch transportation home.. It was ironic that our first port was San Diego.