turning platinum while on cruise...

You'll be recognized as Platinum for the entire sailing, regardless of which day you actually "hit" that status. We became Platinum on a B2B sailing, and were surprised that they extended Platinum benefits to us on both sailings. It was a nice touch.

• 8 months later...
So if I book a cruise that I will become platinum, I'll see the platinum status when I print my documents or when I book? Right now I see GOLD status but haven't paid off my cruise yet.

My cabin mate is turning gold on our next cruise. I just checked her documents. The booking confirmation shows her as red. The boarding pass shows her as gold.

My cabin mate is turning gold on our next cruise. I just checked her documents. The booking confirmation shows her as red. The boarding pass shows her as gold.

If she looks at her own vifp club while on board, even though she will be holding a gold card, and enjoying the benefits, she still is really red until that cruise is finished and credited.

Same for plats and everyone else.

So if I book a cruise that I will become platinum, I'll see the platinum status when I print my documents or when I book? Right now I see GOLD status but haven't paid off my cruise yet.

We are turning Platinum on our May 5 cruise and once we paid the final payment our documents say priority. The boarding pass says Platinum. Yeah!

You do not have to be paid in full to see your status. Once you book the cruise, go into Manage My Cruise. Click on Print Luggage Tags. You don't have to print the luggage tags right away but you can look at them. They will have "Priority" in the middle of a big red arrow if you have reached Platinum. You can print them but not the boarding pass until paid in full.

If she looks at her own vifp club while on board, even though she will be holding a gold card, and enjoying the benefits, she still is really red until that cruise is finished and credited.

Same for plats and everyone else.

If you have the next level card, and the benefits of that level, showing the lower level on your VIFP account is a distinction without a difference.

It would make a difference only if she doesn't go on that cruise, and thus didn't get the 7 days credited.