Please tell me your favorite rainsuit for Alaska

baxley

Can you let me know what Frogtogs are. I don't get around much!!

Check my link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pro-Lite-...Sm-Md/43333895

I should have said the name FROG TOGGS. They are very light weight, usually come in a pouch and take up very little room in a bag. And not crazy expensive. A whole rain suit should EASLY fit in a backpack or similar size bag for taking with you while doing a shore excursion.

In the summers I use Grundens Weather watch pants and a Columbia rain jacket. They are small enough to fit in a backpack, easy to take on and off and are breathable. They are pretty heavy duty and have lasted 3 Alaskan summers and 3 Florida winters.

I also have a pair of frog togs that is mentioned other places in the thread. They are good, they just don't mesh well with my activity level. The pants rip a lot after light use. Good this is that they're cheap and I don't feel bad whenever I rip them.

Both my wife and I wear glasses so we used poncho with a brim which helped keep them dry. Order ours from amazon. This next trip will be third time and they sadly told up to put in your backpack. Good luck

Thanks in advance. Last time I was in Alaska and went on a whale watching tour....I wore a heavy winter coat that got soaked....and as a result I was freezing.

My wife and I are doing an Alaska cruise on HAL Eurodam at the end of this July. We already have water-proof, lined, hooded jackets (waist length) from Columbia. Top Notch.

Have a great cruise.

At the least, and what is mentioned often, bring a lightweight rainproof jacket with a hood. You can layer underneath it as needed. I rarely wear my rain pants in Alaska.

Thanks! I’m angsting about what to pack, and was worried that rain pants were a must. We are doing fishing, whale watching, bear watching, and a walk on a glacier...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums