Cancelation

wendysue44

Okay, before I call Carnival and make a complete idiot of myself, I have a question about canceling. I called today to cancel my deceased boyfriends reservation as I was not able to find anyone to take his place on such a short notice. I was told I would lose the 250 initial deposit, 50 would be the cancelation fee and the other 200 would go to a future cruise that had to be used within 24 months. The prepaid tips and port fees would be reimbursed to me. So this guy puts me on hold then comes back saying I have a balance of $42 and some change. At the time I did not think about it until now. The charge for the tips and port fees was $207 and change plus the 42 that i paid would equal 250. So if I understand this correctly, I lost Kevins prepaid tips and had to pay an extra 42 dollars, which means that I paid another 250 to cancel his reservation. This does not make sense to me. Can someone please explain this to me or did he do me wrong and I need to call carnival back?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Call them back and ask them to clarify it, line item by line item. If still does not make sense then ask for a Supervisor to work it out.

If you are being charged the full single supplement that could explain a lot but you should still receive a refund for any pre-paid gratuities and port charges.

They may have also created a new reservation for you and the price has increased.

Get it clarified.

Take care,

Mike

Had the same thing happen to myself when my girlfriend passed. It would be cheaper to have him as a no show. I had a 7nt, out of Puerto Rico, aft balcony. I lost a pretty penny, but the hassle of trying to get my money back from a early saver rate I agreed to, was too much. Figure out if no show would be the way to go. My condolences.

Had the same thing happen to myself when my girlfriend passed. It would be cheaper to have him as a no show. I had a 7nt, out of Puerto Rico, aft balcony. I lost a pretty penny, but the hassle of trying to get my money back from a early saver rate I agreed to, was too much. Figure out if no show would be the way to go. My condolences.

When I called the first time, I asked about that option, and was told I would lose the prepaid tips and port fees, which as of right now, I have anyway. I am going to call Carnival back and have someone explain all of this mess to me. Thank you.

When I called the first time, I asked about that option, and was told I would lose the prepaid tips and port fees, which as of right now, I have anyway. I am going to call Carnival back and have someone explain all of this mess to me. Thank you.

Prepaid gratuities and port fees are always refundable whether a cancellation or a no show. We had one person be a no show once and they were both back on the credit card before we got off the ship.

Call them back and ask them to clarify it, line item by line item. If still does not make sense then ask for a Supervisor to work it out.

If you are being charged the full single supplement that could explain a lot but you should still receive a refund for any pre-paid gratuities and port charges.

They may have also created a new reservation for you and the price has increased.

Get it clarified.

Take care,

Mike

I thought the same. Is the cruise all paid for? You are using the term "deposit".

First my condolences to you and everyone who is mourning the loss of your boyfriend.

I am surprised you could not find someone who would take the trip. I would call them again. Do not tell them the details of the first conversation. Just get the other person's calculation to see if there is a difference.

I am wondering if you supply a death certificate will those fees be waived.

I am taking it for granted no insurance

If you had insurance you would not have to pay the single supplement which is double the cruise fare minus the extra port and taxes

Please call and speak to a supervisor-- or someone that can help you with your situation

I am sorry for your loss and that you need to take care of this.