RADA Still Performing?

DarCrav

Just booked a QM2 cruise to Quebec for September, 2019, and I'm wondering if RADA is still performing on board? We've done several TAs in the past - 2010, 2014, and 2015 - and RADA was a big part of the experience for us. Fingers crossed they still have a contract with Cunard, but I thought I read on a recent thread that RADA wasn't on board this May. :confused:

RADA was not on the crossing we took last October and I asked Cruise Director Amanda Reid about it. She gave me the reasons why they were not on that crossing and the previous one as well as the New York-Québec trip in between. She assured me they would be back.

RADA was not on the crossing we took last October and I asked Cruise Director Amanda Reid about it. She gave me the reasons why they were not on that crossing and the previous one as well as the New York-Québec trip in between. She assured me they would be back.

Might I ask what were the reasons given by Amanda Reid for their absence?

Might I ask what were the reasons given by Amanda Reid for their absence?

This Sept.-Oct. 2017 voyage was in four segments: Southampton-NY-Québec-NY-Southampton. (We were on the last two portions.) Amanda Reid told me the reason why RADA was not on board was because the second and third segments were a cruise and also the fourth segment (the e/b crossing) was designated as Space Week and there were many special programmes and no time for plays.

We were also on the Québec-NY-Southampton segments the previous October and RADA was on board that year for the cruise segment as well as the crossing.

I hope the absence of RADA is temporary. Not only will I miss their performances, I fear what Cunard has in mind as replacement entertainment. It has been said on this forum that Holland America is now running Cunard and no good will come of that.

This Sept.-Oct. 2017 voyage was in four segments: Southampton-NY-Québec-NY-Southampton. (We were on the last two portions.) Amanda Reid told me the reason why RADA was not on board was because the second and third segments were a cruise and also the fourth segment (the e/b crossing) was designated as Space Week and there were many special programmes and no time for plays.

We were also on the Québec-NY-Southampton segments the previous October and RADA was on board that year for the cruise segment as well as the crossing.

I hope the absence of RADA is temporary. Not only will I miss their performances, I fear what Cunard has in mind as replacement entertainment. It has been said on this forum that Holland America is now running Cunard and no good will come of that.

Holland America Group runs HAL, Princess and Seabourn. Cunard from what we were told is run out of the Carnival U.K. office along with P&O.

Just booked a QM2 cruise to Quebec for September, 2019, and I'm wondering if RADA is still performing on board? We've done several TAs in the past - 2010, 2014, and 2015 - and RADA was a big part of the experience for us. Fingers crossed they still have a contract with Cunard, but I thought I read on a recent thread that RADA wasn't on board this May. :confused:

RADA will be on board the QM2 between 24th June to 10th August and

4th November to 15th December 2018.

Thanks one and all for your responses. Looks like the NYC to Quebec voyage September, 2019, will be a long shot for RADA. We will definitely miss their presence on the ship.

Holland America Group runs HAL, Princess and Seabourn. Cunard from what we were told is run out of the Carnival U.K. office along with P&O.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't recall the context, but I read in two postings that Holland America was in charge of Cunard. This didn't make sense because I know that HAL's head office is in Seattle and that Cunard and P&O are run from Carnival House in Southampton.

When Cunard changed "formal" to "gala" I feared this was the hand of Holland America, but of course Cunard's definition of "gala" is much different than that of HAL.

Here you are -

Josh Weinstein became president of Carnival UK in July 2017. Weinstein is responsible for overseeing both P&O Cruises and Cunard, and reports to Stein Kruse, Group CEO of Holland America Group and Carnival UK. The Southampton-based Carnival UK executive team reports to Weinstein.

From here

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=200767&p=irol-govmanage

cf446cda44ae0ec520e64da8d1e55d24.jpg