oceania excursion pkgs.

sky#1

has anyone that has cruised with oceania, purchased their world collection, or unlimited passport collection for off shore excursions? we are planning on site seeing at each port on our trip and wonder if this is the way to go with one of these pkgs. thank you!

We usually purchase Oceania excursion packages and have been well pleased with them. Others my respond to you who have found private tours they arrange best for them. Your needs and likes will decide what is best for you.

I purchased it but I am a brand new cruiser so I purchased 5 excursions out of a possible 10. We are cruising Italy, Rome to Venice and will stay pre and post in Hotels in those cities. The other 3 we will just get off the ship and get a cab or shuttle if available or just enjoy the ship. It seemed to work out to about an average of $100.00 per person per day.

Go to "Already Booked" and find the excursions on your cruise. They will show the price if you buy them one at a time.

The packages are discounted. The Unlimited Passport collection has a discount of "up to" 40%, the Your World Collection (six or more tours) has a 25% discount. A la carte excursions (which I assume are also booked prior to boarding) are 10%.

The wrinkle is that the top two categories are only refundable if cancelled prior to boarding the ship. The a la carte excursions and those booked on board are refundable if cancelled on board 36 hours prior to the tour.

I've never done this myself because we usually do private tours but when we've taken ship's tours we have simply booked them once on board. So no discount for us ... but we wouldn't book enough ship's tours to make it worth our while anyway.

Mura

Hi!

Just returned from a Marina cruise to the Baltic. Used the World Collection package and received 25% off each tour. While onboard, we decided to add two more excursions. We were given 15% off each tour since we had the World Package. One of our tours only had 14 people and it wasn't an Oceania Choice excursion. All our guides were excellent. This was our 12th Oceania cruise and we just purchased the World Collection for our Sept. 2012 cruise.

Rhea

what is the price for both exc.packages...seems the length of cruise determines how many you need for each,,but does price of package change too. My TA was asked about this,,but didnt know either,,,answer will probably be faster here anyway..:confused:

Sounds like you pick the excursions you want & they discount them according to the package you choose

I will have to go read the brochure but that is just my take on it from the above postings

Someone will correct me if that is wrong

Lyn

From my check of our upcoming cruise yesterday, you still need to sign in to "Already Booked". Proceed to excursions and the price will be there.

We can't answer your question without knowing what cruise you are on.

Mura

but its too early to see mine,I m sure...but question is...does the price of whole package...like WORLD TOUR for all exc.vary on cruise length? Then you pay that,,,then get 40% of all tours you book?? just trying to get some idea if better to do individually or get package in general.:confused:

Have not done a package yet, but I think there are several options. World collection requires a min num of tours depending on length of cruise with 25 percent discount. Unlimited collection is a base price depending on length of cruise for as many as you want, but does not include o choice or o exclusive. Those two categories will be at a discounted price, but will be an extra charge.

Clear as mud?

Just got a new brochure and the info is from page 9. Connoisseurs collection.

For our Riviera cruise Mayan Mystique Dec 10, 2012, 10 day cruise, we bought the package (sorry, name forgotten) that requires a minimum purchase of 4 excursions. All but one of our choices are included in the purchase price of the package. The price is heavily discounted compared to the purchase of single excursions. Even the extra cost for our excursion to Tikal is much lower than it would have been withouth the package.

If you choose excursions that are offered ashore by local companies or go on your own by public transportation and taxi, your cost is lower than ship's excursions.

The most expensive 'all inclusive' package offered by Oceania would not have been worthwhile on our short cruise. It is probably a good buy on a long cruise.

has anyone that has cruised with oceania, purchased their world collection, or unlimited passport collection for off shore excursions? we are planning on site seeing at each port on our trip and wonder if this is the way to go with one of these pkgs. thank you!

We are looking at shore excursions on the nautica western med cruise leaving from Rome oct 16. Shore excursions seem quite expensive. Would like to share costs if we find anyone on our boat. For example the Monte carlo excursion is $200+ and Monte carlo is so.small that it can be seen on foot. Thanks

How are the Oceania tours? I know the other lines I have been on they always seem to use huge buses (sometimes multiple buses!) and end up at the same spot at the same time so its super crowded and you end up wasting an incredible amount of time waiting for people. Oceania any different?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If you're in Kusadasi, for example, the odds are there will be multiple buses (and yes, in general they use standard buses unless you are on the new limited 16 passenger tours). Other times there can be one bus per destination. It's awfully hard to predict which tour will end up being one of many.

The ship's tours do tend to be on the expensive side unless you book one of the packages which brings the price down. (We never have because we don't take enough ship's tours.)

We usually do private tours but there are times when we will do one or maybe two ship's tours on a cruise. On our Marina cruise last fall we did three because we had a ton of OBC to use up. Two of those were excellent, one not so much -- mostly because of the Sardinian guide's heavily accented English. In general we've been very satisfied with the quality of the tours.

Mura

How are the Oceania tours? I know the other lines I have been on they always seem to use huge buses (sometimes multiple buses!) and end up at the same spot at the same time so its super crowded and you end up wasting an incredible amount of time waiting for people. Oceania any different?

They do use buses but they have less people onboard so maybe not as many buses as a 3000 pax ship

They do have more private tours you can book or like a lot of O cruisers we do private tours

It is the nature of the beast ...you stop in a port & there will be hundreds of people all going to the same sites ;)

We have purchased this package for the Nordic dream cruise at the end of Aug. The one thing that I found out is that you can only get one cruise a day in most ports as they have to have more than 45 min. betweentours and very few do. the price is not really discounted you are assured of getring the tours you want in every port. for no or little cost. tThe cost of the package was about 1200 CAD.

Archived