New X Cruiser...Help Please

Ashland

After 25+ RCI cruises I just booked onto the Eclipse for the May 2018 Ireland/Iceland 10 day cruise. I booked cabin # 9290...any pictures or info about this cabin would be much appreciated. Hope I've done well...I was so confused about the connecting cabin scenario as I would never usually book this type on any RCI ship. I was very confused by the X website and therefore had to call direct and spoke to a very helpful agent named John and at this point have a 24 hour courtesy hold.

Did you want a connecting cabin? This wouldn't be my first choice for that reason- we have found connecting cabins noisy. Otherwise, this cabin is in a great location, though it isn't hidden away from foot traffic behind the elevator corridor wall.

Are there other options in this category? What are you looking for in a cabin?

Did you want a connecting cabin? This wouldn't be my first choice for that reason- we have found connecting cabins noisy. Otherwise, this cabin is in a great location, though it isn't hidden away from foot traffic behind the elevator corridor wall.

Connecting cabins with a door in the wall between the cabins can be a little noisy, but this is not that type of connection.

No...we do not need a connecting cabin but this setup is very different than the connecting cabin's on RCI apparently.

It seems to be a great mid-ship hump...not sure about your comment about foot traffic. We've always enjoyed a similar location on RCI. And no, the other options we have didn't seem that great...either very far forward for veranda category or very far aft for the concierge cabins. Trying to get the best location possible for our first try on X.

Thanks for you're input.

Connecting cabins with a door in the wall between the cabins can be a little noisy, but this is not that type of connection.

Thanks, the picture posted above by Jim_lain (again many thanks) gave me some needed reassurance on this particular ship...and so has your input as well.

This picture will give you an idea of what most of the connecting rooms are like on the S-Class ship. The exterior door can be closed to allow you to leave the door open between cabins.

8274787213_077b1be4f8_c.jpg

Great idea. Wish more cruise ships were configured this way.

Edited by hate2shop
spelling