First cruise

Rpzenia Williams

This is our first cruise (my husband and I) I don't know what to say or do at this point.

Welcome and congratulations!!

I went on my first cruise 2.5 years ago and had NO IDEA what to expect, nor what to do. It was beyond my wildest expectations. Since returning, people view me as a cruising professional just because of everything I have learned from this board. This place is loaded with golden information and the people here are WONDERFUL. So don't be shy about asking something. I would suggest you type in the ship name in the search box and see what others say about the ship. Review the things they liked and disliked. If you also search through past reviews, you can probably find the FUN TIMES which list almost all the activities on the ship.

Again, welcome and we look forward to hearing more about your plans:<)

Edited by Engineerstar

Welcome! Don't be afraid to ask some questions - anything you might be confused about, considering doing, or even specifics about the ship you're booked on. We're all here to help and give honest opinions. :)

First cruises are so exciting/nerve-racking! I was so nervous going in, but loved every minute of it from the second I embarked.

We went on our first cruise over 10 years ago. We were young and had no idea what to expect. I didn't know about this site (if it existed back then) and I researched on Google as much as I could.

Don't stress...just go with it and you will realize how easy it is to get used to cruising. Only thing we did that I would take back...is over packing. We had way too many suitcases and didn't wear half the stuff.

Edited by RTRMom

Say or do? Don't say anything! Just go and have fun! It's a vacation..that's all!

Read up on your ports, so you'll know something about where you're going!

Pack whatever you would for a vacation to the climate you're going to.

Bring more money than you think you'll need....

Then, have fun!

You're going on your first cruise! How exciting! I'm happy for you!

What's the name of the ship you are sailing on? Where are you going on your itinerary? Are you traveling alone or with family?

Do you have any questions that need answering? Don't be shy. Ask away!

Cruising is a wonderful way to travel and see the world! :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

Welcome to a great site that can answer all your questions and concerns. I didn't find this site until my 3rd cruise and missed out on so many great tips. The first was don't fly in on the same day you cruise. By the time I could finally relax I was exhausted.

Welcome!!! :D Most people on here are super nice! This site has provided me with so much information and I feel like a pro b/c of all the great tips I've learned on here... It is like a wealth of knowledge! Whatever questions you need answered, I'm sure someone on here will be able to provide you with a ton of info. This is a great group of people! Ask away :)

Edited by bajangoddess82

For the past month we've been reading these forums, the forums on Carnival.com, and some great articles at Cruisefever.net.

We found a site that had recent Fun Times posted for our ship and went thru each day's activities and took notes on stuff that interested us.

We also joined and participated in our cruise's Facebook group.

We sail in a few hours and we are READY !!!

Edited by MarcelLucSell

Say or do? Don't say anything! Just go and have fun! It's a vacation..that's all!

Read up on your ports, so you'll know something about where you're going!

Pack whatever you would for a vacation to the climate you're going to.

Bring more money than you think you'll need....

Then, have fun!

this is good advice!!:) just go and do what comes your way.

Oh...to do a first cruise again where expectations are minimal, anticipation is high, and you get to experience those lovely little stomach butterflies as you learn, first hand, what cruising can be for you.

I loved that I was a total cruise virgin the first time...it was long before the internet so my only information came by way of the cruise brochure and some gab sessions with others who had cruised. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I learned all my lessons, good and bad, by actually being there without looking through the lenses of other peeps who view life so differently from me.

My advise...read some reviews, some travel mags and that is it. Don't use someone else's overwrought packing list, don't trust other's perception of the dining or dining venues. Remember that you CAN"T do EVERYTHING your first cruise. Just read the handouts each day when you get on board...spend the first day walking the ship from stem to stern poking your head into every venue...reading the posters that are printed to see what the venues do and when. Don't be in a hurry. Check out the lido deck, after lunch and before dinner, walk through the buffet and see where all the stations are so you won't be succored into standing in lines you don't need to.

Hopefully your first cruise will lead to others, and with each one you will find out what is right and enjoyable for you.

I can't add too much to what advice has already been provided, but do have a great time on your cruise!! The first one is an awesome experience and one you'll think back on many times.

Oh, when you disembark back at the port and you are already starting to plan where and when you are going to go next, just remember, you have been forewarned! :D