On-board thefts

emam

On my very first cruise, a 2 nighter 10 years ago I knew nothing, not even that there was a safe in the wardrobe. I did quickly realise that I had no need to carry a wallet or any cash with me so I left it all on the bedside table for the whole weekend.

No harm came to it.

Checking under the bed the evening before we left, we found a bag/case, half open with clothes hanging out. No idea where it had come from but wondered if someone had taken it from outside a cabin, had put their hand into rummage round for anything ‘worthwhile’, then put it under the bed of a cabin where the door had been propped open when cleaning. Of course there could be another explanation where someone in that cabin had packed quickly, shoved the case under the bed and then forgotten to take it with them.

Friends found a pair of what looked like new men’s dress shoes under their bed.

I now get DH to check under the bed when we arrive in the cabin- just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checking under the bed the evening before we left, we found a bag/case, half open with clothes hanging out. No idea where it had come from but wondered if someone had taken it from outside a cabin, had put their hand into rummage round for anything ‘worthwhile’, then put it under the bed of a cabin where the door had been propped open when cleaning. Of course there could be another explanation where someone in that cabin had packed quickly, shoved the case under the bed and then forgotten to take it with them.

Friends found a pair of what looked like new men’s dress shoes under their bed.

I now get DH to check under the bed when we arrive in the cabin- just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Normally all i see under the bed in the cabin is dust and rubbish because the CS hadn't moved the bed to hoover.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Trivial I know, but on my last cruise, friends used to leave the daily News Sheet, and crossword in my pigeon hole. They often went missing.

As the only reason people had to pass my cabin was to reach the library, it has reinforced my suspicion of people who insist on destroying rain forests to read one book rather than read hundreds on an electronic device. ;p(Excuse me while I find somewhere safe to hide).;p

Trivial I know, but on my last cruise, friends used to leave the daily News Sheet, and crossword in my pigeon hole. They often went missing.

As the only reason people had to pass my cabin was to reach the library, it has reinforced my suspicion of people who insist on destroying rain forests to read one book rather than read hundreds on an electronic device. ;p(Excuse me while I find somewhere safe to hide).;p

Sorry but I couldn't resist, but I would think the daily news and crossword sheets use more paper than a book in a library that is read by many people over and over again.:confused:

Well, you could hide in the rain forest, because as you surely know they don't make books out of tropical hardwood,

On our 65 night Aurora trip this year one of the cabins along the corridor from us had a note pinned on the letter holder outside the door saying something like - Would the person who removed a book from this rack please put it back. It was a present from a friend. I don't know whether the book was ever returned but the notice was there for a long time.