What do they do with old tv's when they replace all?

cruse2loose

I will be on the Triumph April 8th. Prior to our sailing it is having a refurb of sort and getting all new flat screen TV's.

So what do they do with all the old TV's? Give to staff, donate, sell them? Does anyone know? TIA

Why would you want to know? Do you want one?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LOL My little house is full of them as they still work,,,and only one now hooked to cable as that is so high...LOL..so I will now have to pay to get rid of them one day??

Maybe Goodwill OP. I can see an old dorm or homeless winter housing situation or convent stay retreat center something maybe putting them to use.

our local Goodwill locations won't even accept them nor will most other reputable thrift like locations:eek:

Electronic recycling. Our local dump has an area to put electronics and it's free.

Thanks, now that I know more abt situation...I will investigate safe disposal options here when needed.

Most large cities have an electronics recycling center. Circuit boards are stripped of any gold or copper. Plastics are shredded up and used to make something else (bottles, shopping bags, etc.). As another posted noted, Goodwill no longer takes old TV's. They stopped doing that back in December. However, Salvation Army donation centers might still take them. Call first to find out.