Summit April 9-13

ForeOU

The Summit arrives in San Juan on April 9, 2018, the end of a 7 day Olivia cruise. The next scheduled cruise according to many sites is a 7 day Southern Caribbean leaving San Juan on April 14. Anyone have any idea where the ship will be April 9-14? I have a few friends on the April 14 sailing and they are hoping for a refurb! I told them 4 days may be a bit short for a refurb....

Crew Center shows her leaving Port Everglades on the 9th, spending 4 days at sea, and arriving in Puerto Rico on the 14th.

But now I see she’s chartered from Everglades to San Juan 2nd to 9th. No idea! Can’t seem to find anything about those mysterious days!

Crew Center shows her leaving Port Everglades on the 9th, spending 4 days at sea, and arriving in Puerto Rico on the 14th.

But now I see she’s chartered from Everglades to San Juan 2nd to 9th. No idea! Can’t seem to find anything about those mysterious days!

We were on the original 4/2 to 4/9 sailing before it was chartered as Celebrity told us. So I guess that's probably what has happened. Originally I think we were leaving out of Fort lauderdale on the 2nd and ending up in puerto rico visiting st martin, aruba and curacao but that cruise was cancelled a year ago.

We were on the original 4/2 to 4/9 sailing before it was chartered as Celebrity told us. So I guess that's probably what has happened. Originally I think we were leaving out of Fort lauderdale on the 2nd and ending up in puerto rico visiting st martin, aruba and curacao but that cruise was cancelled a year ago.

We just can’t figure out where she’ll be from the 9th to the 14th. So strange!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the original 4/2 to 4/9 sailing before it was chartered as Celebrity told us.

We were on the April 2-9 sailing as well but moved to the April 14 - 21 sailing. The dates of April 9 - 14 we’re always a mystery. This cruise effectively disappeared and I for one could find no reliable info.

No info. on a charter which it probably is in some form.

The mystery opened up somewhat last night and today. At 11:59 pm April 9, the Summit was still in San Juan (this is at least 3.5 hours late leaving). There was a JetBlue flight getting in after midnight from EWR but over 3 hours late. There was an indication that Philipsburg was the next port of call. I went to bed, so the Summit left after midnight.

For the last hour this morning (April 10 10:00 am, the Summit has arrived in Philipsburg and is docking.

Does the chartering issue happen a lot? We're thinking of taking our granddaughters cruising in 2020 during their break. We noticed a 5 day on Summit out of SJ that fits their 2019 break perfectly and hope for a similar fit in 2020. But we' d hate to get them all excited then have the rug pulled out from under them.

Why not call Celebrity and inquire about the dates of April9-14 for the Summit?

Would a reoresentative be able to tell a caller if the ship has been chartered?

Is there anyway to find out if there has been a large group or charter scheduled for a cruise a customer has booked?

My DH and I are on the Summit this July 8th. I would like to check before we board the ship.

Why not call Celebrity and inquire about the dates of April9-14 for the Summit?

Would a reoresentative be able to tell a caller if the ship has been chartered?

Is there anyway to find out if there has been a large group or charter scheduled for a cruise a customer has booked?

My DH and I are on the Summit this July 8th. I would like to check before we board the ship.

If the ship is chartered, your sailing will be cancelled. Charter generally means buying out the whole ship. As for big groups, unless you research things online yourself, you probably wouldn’t know until you board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had a look at another website and it shows Summit was scheduled for a 5 Night cruise leaving San Juan on Apr 9th. She was scheduled to visit St Maarten yesterday, St Barts today, Antigua tomorrow, St Thomas on Friday the 13th and then back to San Juan on April 14th ready for the subsequent 7 Night itinerary.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Forums