Pullman beds

cisco 09

Hi guys. Looking for some advice as usual ! We are a family party of 8 and will be booking cabins with Pullman / sofa beds. Sailing on the Independence of the seas in an inside cabin. The children will be 4,5 and 6 at time of travelling. Do you have a preference? Are the Pullman beds like bunk beds i.e. high off the ground? Both options obviously take up a lot of room when being used but is one better than the other. Thanks for any advice

Janice

Hi guys. Looking for some advice as usual ! We are a family party of 8 and will be booking cabins with Pullman / sofa beds. Sailing on the Independence of the seas in an inside cabin. The children will be 4,5 and 6 at time of travelling. Do you have a preference? Are the Pullman beds like bunk beds i.e. high off the ground? Both options obviously take up a lot of room when being used but is one better than the other. Thanks for any advice

Janice

From experience when we traveled twice on freedom ( basic same ship) Pullman beds come from ceiling and not like bunk beds. Take no room when not in use. Just ask your room steward. However when we traveled on oasis in family ocean view ( now called spacious ocean view ) the Pullman beds are like bunk beds tucked away in a closet like space. Plenty of room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a Pullman and sofa bed. My daughter who was 6 stuck to the sofa bed and my older one took the Pullman. It wasn't because of the age but because my daughter moves around all over the place during the night. So it probably depends on your kids.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Much prefer the pullman beds. The sofa beds don't pull out like the normal sofa bed. They feel much smaller (not sure of the exact size. Pullman has a guard to prevent them from falling out. My Grandson used it at four (there were no rules on age then) and was THRILLED to hop in bed every night. Gives you floor room as they are tucked back in during the day, unless you ask the steward to leave them open.

I'm a small adult that shared a room with my older parents to cut costs on a family cruise they have always wanted to do. I have to say the Pullman bed was great! It took up no room as it was over the main bed and I loved being able to have an amazing view from above of the porthole at night. I found it comfy and a fun experience.