Info on Victory please

beachgal58

Just booked the Victory, I have not sailed a 4 nt before, anyone know which night is the elegant night? I know she just came out of dry dock, hope all her issues have been taken care of. Any info, menus, anyone take a cab to the beach on Key West? I haven't bee there in about 20 yrs. ;)

TIA,

Cindy

I'm also going on the same cruise but on April 30th.

Re: cab to beach. Carnival docks at a naval base. There is a trolley that takes you off the base, you can't walk off. As soon as you come out of the naval area, you can get off the trolley. Tell the driver when you get on that you want to be let off at the Fort and beach area. You will be let off right at the entrance area to the park/Fort/beach

Re: cab to beach. Carnival docks at a naval base. There is a trolley that takes you off the base, you can't walk off. As soon as you come out of the naval area, you can get off the trolley. Tell the driver when you get on that you want to be let off at the Fort and beach area. You will be let off right at the entrance area to the park/Fort/beach

Hello, is it possible to know where carnival will dock in Key west? I was reading that the march 6th cruise will be dock on Pier B, but have no idea if it's accurate.

im going on this cruise too :) can't wait!!!! we are so close ;p

We only made the reservation 2 weeks ago...now we are dealing with the flights, ports, hotels , a second cruise...I don't have time to even think that is so close:eek::D

Thank u! Does anyone know which beach we would be let off by? Haven't been to KW in so long and I know the beaches r man made, last time I stayed at the Southern most hotel I think it was called, there was a beach there. Down by the big bouy thing that says Cuba 90 miles, southern most point in continental US. I am a night person, always on Duval, this is a new adventure for me. Just booked last minute, am digging around for info.

Yes, I am a very sad roll caller ;). Thanks to Beachgal, I am no longer alone..ha Nice to see other faces on here. Feel free to join our Roll Call https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/carnival-victory-march-5-2018/

My better half decided to rent bikes in KW? Can you drink and ride? I am assuming things aren't too far away? Anyone do this before?

Nick

Yes, I am a very sad roll caller ;). Thanks to Beachgal, I am no longer alone..ha Nice to see other faces on here. Feel free to join our Roll Call https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/carnival-victory-march-5-2018/

My better half decided to rent bikes in KW? Can you drink and ride? I am assuming things aren't too far away? Anyone do this before?

Nick

DUI laws in Florida extend to bicycles. Most things are not very far away in KW and it is flat.

Hi Nick! I don't know what we r doing, I used to go to KW quite a bit, but it has been about 25 yrs since my last visit, never have been on a cruise that stopped there. We only have a few hours, can't imagine much going on at 7:30am! I'll go to our roll call now! lol

Everyone stating you r going on this cruise, I am on March 5th, anyone else? I checked roll call, 1 poor cruiser! Sure is different that it used to be!:D

I am I am :) hubbs daughter and son too!! its our Spring Break on the East coast of Canada

Nick

we are on this same cruise too..coming from East Coast Canada :);p

• 1 month later...

Going on this cruise April 23rd! Can’t wait! As for getting off at a Naval base...I’ve cruised to Key West on Carnival before and do not recall this. Anyway, any fellow cruisers joining us for April 23rd? Soooo close, can’t wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be on the April 30th cruise as well! 20 Days!!!

Going on this cruise April 23rd! Can’t wait! As for getting off at a Naval base...I’ve cruised to Key West on Carnival before and do not recall this. Anyway, any fellow cruisers joining us for April 23rd? Soooo close, can’t wait!!!

Depends on the day. The poster that said "Carnival docks at a naval base" is only partially right - sometimes yes, sometimes no. In fact, on your cruise (April 23), Carnival Victory will NOT dock at the naval pier. The following week (May 1) it will. Your ship will dock at pier B, which is behind the Westin and the Hyatt (not Mallory Square).

Depends on the day. The poster that said "Carnival docks at a naval base" is only partially right - sometimes yes, sometimes no. In fact, on your cruise (April 23), Carnival Victory will NOT dock at the naval pier. The following week (May 1) it will. Your ship will dock at pier B, which is behind the Westin and the Hyatt (not Mallory Square).

Thanks!!!