ms Eurodam and ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau May 28, 2018

Scrapnana

Memorial Day (Monday) marks the start of the 5 day-a-week presence of HAL in Juneau which will continue through the second week in September. Following their usual schedule, both ships are scheduled to be in port from 1300-2200 with Nieuw Amsterdam at the CT dock and Eurodam at the AS dock.

Not the nicest day forecast (although later in the week is looking better) with a high of 51F/10C and a low of 41F/5C. There is a 90% chance of rain with a quarter of an inch expected. Sunrise is at 4:07 am and sunset at 9:45 pm.

Also in port are Ruby Princess at the FKL dock (1100-2200) and Solstice at the AJ dock (1330-2200).

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Amsterdam's first visit of the season on Tuesday.

I was a week early in predicting that we had settled into our Juneau schedule - but only a week early.

I plan to be hear tomorrow, may the weather improve for the pax.

I hope Alberto stays far from you.

Roy

I hope Alberto stays far from you.

Roy

We are getting some rain - in bands - but he is far off-shore heading NNW. No winds - just the shower bands. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Still will not be bad, Just above minimal tropical storm and too spread out over land to strengthen. A very wide storm.

The number of webcams, both from ptztv and otherwise, is growing rather fast.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Specifically, I noticed this third webcam (it's actual a set of a half dozen webcams) in Juneau:
Nieuw Amsterdam -- Tracy Arm Inlet 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM followed by Juneau, Alaska 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Webcam: http://www.juneau.org/cam/southcam.php

Webcam: http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Webcam: http://webcams.thesnowcloud.com/

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Is that SXM Island webcam on PTZtv new? It doesn't look like a view I have seen before and I don't remember there being three St. Maarten webcams.

I've never seen it before, of course any time HAL ships are not visiting - neither am I. ;D

They appear to still be playing with it.

Except for yesterday around noon we have avoided the rain from Alberto, looks like we might get a thin one later this afternoon - or not!

ETA: rain started about 10 minutes ago - we'll see how long it lasts.

Edited by Happily@Sea

Sorry about your roof, Kathi. What a bore to have to get a new one. - But vital, I guess!

We are back. A very nice cruise on Prinsendam, and then a week in England, visiting family. Now I have one week to get ready for a big kitchen reno. Ugh... Hopefully, there will be no rain and we will just barbecue every day.

Juneau looks dreadful.

PS. Amsterdam was here yesterday.

We had a huge thunderstorm last night and my living room ceiling started leaking. I have put it off for the last few years but it is time for a new roof. Ugh!

I watched the "Hometown Realty/Realtors" get blown off last night on the webcam.

Sorry about your roof, Kathi. What a bore to have to get a new one. - But vital, I guess!

We are back. A very nice cruise on Prinsendam, and then a week in England, visiting family. Now I have one week to get ready for a big kitchen reno. Ugh... Hopefully, there will be no rain and we will just barbecue every day.

Juneau looks dreadful.

PS. Amsterdam was here yesterday.

Welcome home. Glad you had a good time. I am looking forward to my first cruise on Prinsendam.

At least a new roof is less expensive than a kitchen reno - that makes me feel better!;)

We have a man missing from a flood less than 10 miles from my house.

Roy

That's twice for that river flooding the town in the last two years. Hope this isn't a new trend. It's no way to live your life.

Eurodam finally showing on marine traffic - about halfway up the Glass Peninsula. I think I see Ruby just arriving in Juneau.

Remember last year when NA was always leading - until she stopped to let pax off for a tour? Are they not having the tours, too early in the season? I wonder.

Remember last year when NA was always leading - until she stopped to let pax off for a tour? Are they not having the tours, too early in the season? I wonder.

I wonder if some Marine traffic reporting stations are down. St. Phillip is reported to be pretty close to the rendezvous point although Nieuw Amsterdam's position is way behind in reporting. I expect that it will happen today.

I'm planning to book that tour from the Volendam.

Roy