Afternoon Tea

I just booked a Bliss cruise for next year. I would love an afternoon tea, but I doubt you will find it. I haven't seen one on any NCL cruises. Although, they did have bridge play on the cruise to Bermuda that we just took, which was also the first that I have seen on NCL. Hoping someone has definitive info....

First time NCL cruiser scheduled for the Bliss. Do they serve afternoon tea? Thanks in advance.

No.

You can make yourself a cup of tea at the buffet and take a pastry.

The smaller NCL ships act.uall put out scones and cream, but I have not seen that on the big ships.

The only ship with a tea service is the Joy in the tea room.

We are platinum members on Cunard and miss a formal tea service each afternoon.

I wonder if there would be any demand if NCL scheduled an Afternoon Tea on a sea day ? Complete with live music, Specialty teas,pastries, scones w/ jams etc.. Even if they charged a modest fee say $10.00 to $15.00 PP my bet it would be quite popular..

Even if they charged a modest fee say $10.00 to $15.00 PP my bet it would be quite popular..

Personally I would doubt it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Princess stopped doing it if the response to the free one on there during two cruises last summer is anything to go by.

Romance Package

$169.00 USD

19-sm.jpgITEM #: 1603

• Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening
  • Classic Dozen Red Roses
  • Romantic Dinner for two in La Cucina (Il Adagio on Norwegian Sky or La Trattoria on Norwegian Spirit)
  • Tea service in your stateroom on the afternoon of your choice
  • One 8x10 Professional Portrait

Can’t wait to pull out the Tux and gown! And I love the idea of the romance package! Definitely adding that one! We are also doing specialty dining, so which venue would be best to dress up in Tux and Gown for a very special,dinner experience?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can’t wait to pull out the Tux and gown! And I love the idea of the romance package! Definitely adding that one! We are also doing specialty dining, so which venue would be best to dress up in Tux and Gown for a very special,dinner experience?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

None that I have ever seen. A Tux would be totally out of place on an NCL ship. But you can dress up as much as you like. I think it would be great to see a couple dressed up that much. Just have never seen it on NCL. Also have never seen a lady in a gown.

On the Bliss, Ocean Blue or Le Bistro would be the place to dress up. Both have got an "upgrade" from any other NCL ship. NCL embraces "dress up or not". Fewer and fewer tuxes and gowns now days (if any). Fewer and fewer suits and dresses. Lots of more casual dress. But any dress would be perfectly fine on the ship. Do what make you feel good. Enjoy!