Clarification on Beverage Package.

LemonLorraine

Never sailed Celebrity but we're wondering if you have the Classic Beverage Package and purchase an $8 beer (the package covers $6) - We've read on a CC thread that you'll have to pay the FULL $8 but when we talked to Celebrity they said you just have to cover the difference $2. Which one is correct?

Thanks in advance! :)

You will pay the difference between the classic drink package maximum and the price of the drink you order...plus tax on that amount. If the limit is $6 and you buy an $8 drink, you will be charged $2 plus 18% gratuity.

Never sailed Celebrity but we're wondering if you have the Classic Beverage Package and purchase an $8 beer (the package covers $6) - We've read on a CC thread that you'll have to pay the FULL $8 but when we talked to Celebrity they said you just have to cover the difference $2. Which one is correct?

Thanks in advance! :)

X is correct and can be substantiated vis-a-vis their website.

bon voyage

So, if I have the premium non-alcoholic package and decide I’d like a shot of rum in my Pina Colada, do I just pay for the shot since the virgin frozen drink is included in the package?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would suppose that if the bartender rang in a virgin colada that was included in your package, and also rang in a shot of rum, you'd just be charged for the rum. They seem to be pretty good about letting you maximize your package

Not sure what the price difference is of a shot of rum and a Pina colada.

At one time if you booked the drinks package as a plus, no gratuities were included. I know if you purchase the drinks package separately, you are charged with the gratuity.

Just to clarify - if you purchase the Classic package you pay gratuities on the purchase - e.g. 10 night sailing = $55 x 10 x 1.18 = $649.

Regardless of whether you have it as a purchase or a perk, when you order a drink you only pay additional gratuities if the drink is priced above the ceiling - e.g. ($11 - $9) x 1.18 = $2.36.

Note: the ceiling price of $9 applies to all types of alcoholic drinks.

Interesting....classic now lists canned sodas!

As usual the info on the ships differs and any semblance between the web site and whatever you find to be the case on your cruise is accidental.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

http://media.celebritycruises.com/ce...-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

This seems to be a current explanation of the Beverage Packages linked from Celebrity's web site ...No mention of different price ceilings for beer, wine & liquor ....Some of the many posts on this forum may be from older dated info?

Yes, the different price ceilings were replaced with the $9 for all back in 2016 - at the same time they changed to only paying for the difference (+ gratuity) when you order a drink in excess of the ceiling.

Yup, I'm on board the Eclipse right now and ordered a Baileys tonight which used to be covered by the Classic package but is no longer. The package covers up to $9 and Baileys is $10. :( So although I was annoyed that it was no longer covered, the good news was that I only had to pay $1 plus 18%, $1.18, to get it.

Yup, I'm on board the Eclipse right now and ordered a Baileys tonight which used to be covered by the Classic package but is no longer. The package covers up to $9 and Baileys is $10. :( So although I was annoyed that it was no longer covered, the good news was that I only had to pay $1 plus 18%, $1.18, to get it.

In MHO they went to the only pay the difference (+ grat) so that the impact and perceptions associated with raising prices to above the Classic ceiling would be minimized. It will be interesting to see if and when they ever increase the price ceiling - probably only when they raise the price of the package and the fares for cruises with included perks.