Cheers package Lowe’s carnival gift card

alliecat1970

I purchased the cheers package with the carnivals gift cards from Lowe’s for my husband and I, We have recently decided it would not be in our favor if I cancel would they just credit my account onboard or would they credit the cards which is my concern due to what if the credit doesn’t return to the cards there were 2 cards. 2nd should I just wait until we board and go to customer service on the boat? Thank you janet

When is your cruise? They will give you a refund via gift card if that's how you paid. My concern would be how quickly you get your refund. If it's after you sail then your stuck with gift cards. I'm not sure about canceling on board. I believe you have til cancel cheers x number of hours before cruise to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

They will only refund purchases made with a gift card by issuing new gift cards. If you paid with 2 gift cards, you will get 2 new gift cards. It takes 5-10 business days for them to process and mail back via USPS mail with tracking. If you used a TA to book the cruise, the refunded gift cards will get sent to them, and it takes many more weeks to chase it down. Good luck. I have gone through this several times!

They will only refund purchases made with a gift card by issuing new gift cards. If you paid with 2 gift cards, you will get 2 new gift cards. It takes 5-10 business days for them to process and mail back via USPS mail with tracking. If you used a TA to book the cruise, the refunded gift cards will get sent to them, and it takes many more weeks to chase it down. Good luck. I have gone through this several times!
That is correct. They will send it to the agent if you booked with one. However I have also gone through gift card refunds of various types. And sometimes I paid with more than one gift card. I only got one back for the total amount. In the end, I don't guess it matters how many you get back so long as you get the refund. OP make sure you go online and cancel in time. I believe the cut off access to buying and cancelling cheers 48 hours prior to sailing. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Per Carnival' s website when trying to purchase Cheers it says before proceeding to the payment page that the program is non-refundable.

Once you are onboard the program is in place. You can't then decide you don't like/want it and ask for a refund. You can cancel your purchase prior to sailing.

Per Carnival' s website when trying to purchase Cheers it says before proceeding to the payment page that the program is non-refundable.

Carnival seems a little "loose" on what they mean by "non-refundable."

From Carnival FAQ, where they actually use the term "non-refundable" and immediately give you the deadline by which you must cancel to receive a refund:

• CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Inigo Montoya

Edited by Pops, Esq.

Carnival seems a little "loose" on what they mean by "non-refundable."

From Carnival FAQ, where they actually use the term "non-refundable" and immediately give you the deadline by which you must cancel to receive a refund:

• CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Inigo Montoya

What's confusing? I understand it.

What's confusing? I understand it.

I didn't say it was confusing. I implied they did not have a grasp on what the word "non-refundable" means.

If something is "non-refundable" then you shouldn't be able to get a refund.

If you can cancel and get a refund, then it is NOT "non-refundable."

I didn't say it was confusing. I implied they did not have a grasp on what the word "non-refundable" means.

If something is "non-refundable" then you shouldn't be able to get a refund.

If you can cancel and get a refund, then it is NOT "non-refundable."

There's nothing wrong with their interpretation of non-refundable. Had you said that they should be clearer that there's a timeline for refunds, then I would agree.