Epic Uncovered and Extended Balcony Listing

sdmike

Any thoughts of Epic 14051? Looks to be near stairs/elevator bank. Tub or shower?

Any input would be appreciated. Too late to change rooms so just looking for a heads up.

Thanks Judy

14051 is a MC cat. mini suite, bed by the door. The elevator bank is inwards so no issues with that besides some more traffic passing by.

There are different reports on how to identify the tub or shower thing with Epic's mini suites and unfortunately they are contradictory..

"The mini-suites that have the bed next to the balcony have a bathtub and the ones where the bed is close to the door have a shower."

Another posted;

"..but categories MA and MC have the tubs while MB and MD's do not. I can say with great confidence that I did read the above in some official NCL brochure or maybe even the website."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1424192

Hi, we are a family of 4 staying in cabin 14088 next August. We have a bunch of cabins in a row. Am I correct in reading this balcony is a bit larger because of the bump out? I selected this one because we wanted deck 14 and I thought it might be when I looked at the deck plans. We dont' mind the cover from deck 15 but it would be great to have the extra space.

If you happen to have a pic would you share?

Thanks so much!

POoBfsu2TG_GvieyY5ouxQ.png

It's a diagonal balcony and indeed larger, there's a bit of a zig zag to get to your stateroom corridor so the mid ship location might be less attractive than it at first appears to be, just a side note. :)

We are in room 11069 over Thanksgiving. Is this near your room? If so, any insight what it is near?

We sailed on the Epic last Dec. in an aft facing balcony cabin on deck 11.

We chose the end one next to the "secret" stairway, no noise from the stairway.

We always sail in aft facing except when we are in a forward facing suite, aft facing is our favorite, we have the Epic booked again in Dec. and chose a midship large balcony cabin as we thought the aft on the Epic had a bit more vibration than other ships we have been on and everything seemed so far away from the cabin.

The Epic was our least favorite ship but we love sailing out of PC, I hope we don't miss the wake too much, I really don't like being on the side but will try to love it, I am sure no cooking, dish washing, etc. will make up for not being on the aft;p

h

POoBfsu2TG_GvieyY5ouxQ.png

It's a diagonal balcony and indeed larger, there's a bit of a zig zag to get to your stateroom corridor so the mid ship location might be less attractive than it at first appears to be, just a side note. :)

Thanks so much!

My group has 11 in a row on this deck and ours is in the middle. We will live with the zig zag, excited for the extra space on the balcony.

Thanks for the pic!

14051 is a MC cat. mini suite, bed by the door. The elevator bank is inwards so no issues with that besides some more traffic passing by.

There are different reports on how to identify the tub or shower thing with Epic's mini suites and unfortunately they are contradictory..

"The mini-suites that have the bed next to the balcony have a bathtub and the ones where the bed is close to the door have a shower."

Another posted;

"..but categories MA and MC have the tubs while MB and MD's do not. I can say with great confidence that I did read the above in some official NCL brochure or maybe even the website."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1424192

Thank you. I'll post the configuration when I do a review.

14141 is an angled spa mini suite;

ljSTMRRJQUOUwQGP99EoPQ.png

The green slide end somewhere above/near your stateroom, here's a picture of that area on deck 15;

4816388558_de26b10336.jpg

Would this slide make it noisy in the cabin? I did think as it seems to be a bigger balcony, it was a great cabin to pick but now I get unsure :) Maybe we should pick on that is a lower number like 14117 , 14119, 14121 and so on. I mean, I don't want to pick the noisiest spa cabin now when I book so early ;) Maybe it is not so relaxing to sit on the balcany and have a glas of wine :champagne-toast: when people go down the slide. :ship:

Would this slide make it noisy in the cabin? I did think as it seems to be a bigger balcony, it was a great cabin to pick but now I get unsure :) Maybe we should pick on that is a lower number like 14117 , 14119, 14121 and so on. I mean, I don't want to pick the noisiest spa cabin now when I book so early ;) Maybe it is not so relaxing to sit on the balcany and have a glas of wine :champagne-toast: when people go down the slide. :ship:

Had no issues in 14135, three rooms down. I would keep the larger balcony! The slide itself is rock solid and the "landing pool" is a few rooms further aft so any pump or equipment that could cause noise is not direct near your room, I think. Stick to the larger balcony. :)

Keep in mind; It's always gamble in the end, cruising with a few thousand of your new best friends and that one noisy or loud neighbour always seems to be outside on the balcony whenever you are too. ;)

Happy cruising!

Had no issues in 14135, three rooms down. I would keep the larger balcony! The slide itself is rock solid and the "landing pool" is a few rooms further aft so any pump or equipment that could cause noise is not direct near your room, I think. Stick to the larger balcony. :)

Keep in mind; It's always gamble in the end, cruising with a few thousand of your new best friends and that one noisy or loud neighbour always seems to be outside on the balcony whenever you are too. ;)

Happy cruising!

Thank you so much for you answer [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

14141 is an angled spa mini suite;

ljSTMRRJQUOUwQGP99EoPQ.png

The green slide end somewhere above/near your stateroom, here's a picture of that area on deck 15;

4816388558_de26b10336.jpg

If 14141 is a spa mini I've won a watch :) - there were no spa minis left when we booked and took this cabin (for two cruises actually- same cabin) - Its a spa balcony. Category B9.

If 14141 is a spa mini I've won a watch :) - there were no spa minis left when we booked and took this cabin (for two cruises actually- same cabin) - Its a spa balcony. Category B9.

My apologies for not winning the watch! You are correct, 14141 is a spa balcony (typing it out for future reference before someone digs up my post ten years from now) I was too hasty! :)

Was the cabin nice? I guess it must have been if you have had it two times or would a Spa Mini be better? :)

Was the cabin nice? I guess it must have been if you have had it two times or would a Spa Mini be better? :)

Not been yet - I have three cruises booked on Epic - 2/3 of them I have this cabin - but not until 2018 - It did look like a bigger balcony - but I would have rather had a regular balcony size and a mini suite. We don't spend much time out there so its not a big draw for us. Just happened to be the best available out of the spa cabins we could choose from. We have had a Spa Mini on Epic before and I love the big showers in the Epic's mini suites. Given the choice I would have taken a spa mini over a large balcony.

• 1 month later...

:confused: Could you please share you experience regarding cabin 9287? What is unique about this cabin or pros and cons. Anything would be appreciated. My wife and I are booked in this cabin next week.

Dear Mike , or anyone....We are scheduled for cabin 9287. On the Norwegian epic

Any critiques?

My husband and I are needing this break from a very stressful time and would like a nice cabin and private ,covered balcony.

It's t the end of the ship which hopefully provide us some quiet.

Thank you in advance for your time

• 1 month later...

All, with all credit to SDMIKE, who put the Hull and Uncovered balcony information together in his 2 posts, I have collated into a spreadsheet which might be easier for search purposes sometimes. Any errors let me know. Again, thanks to SDMIKE who is the source of the information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdpzXy7jy3tkoP_U9Ro5L5Im3jPONPS3MO9wfeXLb80/edit?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
Hi FreestyleNovice!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. Now I have something to think about EVERY day until March.;p How can you tell the bed is by the balcony? The NCL pic shows it next to the sink which is such a dreadful design. What were those Norwegians thinking!!

Kathy, when in March are you going? I'm going March 17th, if you are, too, we'll almost be neighbors.

• 6 months later...
My pleasure. Actually it were the French.. ;) She was built in France, the wave design stateroom design has a "dent" in the wall/floor plan where the bed is.

wave454.jpg

Your mini suite will be slightly larger but very similar to this.

Oh, no. We got the cabin with the bed next to the toilet. How bad/awful are these cabins? We are booked in 13280.

First time in a balcony on Epic. Cabin 9068. I don't know a thing about it. Is it covered, is bed near the balcony etc. Any information on this would be appreciated.

Looks like you got the bed next to the toilet wall. I do believe that desk 9 is all covered.

Thanks for your quick reply. First time in a balcony, so no complaints either way!

The Epic is a great ship, once you get used to the bathroom setup. December will be our third time and we are already booked for 2019 March. Plenty of room for all.