little french cay or west bay beach

bubblegummermom

LFK Had a fire, had their zoo animals confiscated, word is they are going to open tomorrow on a limited basis. I personally would go to West Bay, much less expensive and more options if you want any food or drinks, Many places their have passes for cruise ship visitors that will get you a chair, access to lockers and often a beverage

If I taxi to either place (little french cay or west bay beach), are there lockers to store our belongings while at the beach? I thought I read that Little french cay had a fire, so if anyone can confirm that would be great and help in decision making.

Yes there was a fire at Little French Key.

40248497_10212995710913772_5186020267998052352_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7e1c55e6864f74b0a19d6853b2913392&oe=5BFADB66

Please take some time to do a bit of research on Little French Key and their policies.

This thread on Trip Advisor alone is enough to put me off.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g292019-i4482-k10912899-Little_french_key_questions-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

I would not offer a dime of my hard earned dollars to this place.

We visited Little French Key on Sept. 6, 2018 after the fire. We had the most amazing day I highly encourage everyone to go. The fire did not effect the day use area. The photo above makes it look bad yet the damage is behind a tree line.

Thank you for your post. We have a large group planning to go to LFK in October and very much wanted to hear from a post-fire visitor.

We have been to LFK many times and there is simply no other choice for us. We have always thoroughly enjoyed our visits. Most of our time is at the lagoon, especially with the kids.

We have never even looked for lockers and have experienced no theft or other issues. It is just relaxing and fun.

Please save the political commentary. My vacation, my choice, my money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your post. We have a large group planning to go to LFK in October and very much wanted to hear from a post-fire visitor.

We have been to LFK many times and there is simply no other choice for us. We have always thoroughly enjoyed our visits. Most of our time is at the lagoon, especially with the kids.

We have never even looked for lockers and have experienced no theft or other issues. It is just relaxing and fun.

Please save the political commentary. My vacation, my choice, my money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My BFF and I are booked for LFK in October as well!! We will be there on the 24th.

Ditto on the political commentary.....

Thinking of going here in November with some friends... I am really not wanting to give money to a place that unethically keeps animals.. The thread posted from trip advisor makes them sound awful, can anyone who has been there confirm if this place treats their animals properly? I'm not like a die-hard animal rights activist or anything, but would rather spend my money somewhere that is worthy of it. I've read pretty good reviews other than the link posted here on page 1...

Thinking of going here in November with some friends... I am really not wanting to give money to a place that unethically keeps animals.. The thread posted from trip advisor makes them sound awful, can anyone who has been there confirm if this place treats their animals properly? I'm not like a die-hard animal rights activist or anything, but would rather spend my money somewhere that is worthy of it. I've read pretty good reviews other than the link posted here on page 1...

I have been there 3 times on a cruise and I stayed there for 3 nights at the beginning of August. I can tell you that the animals were VERY well taken care of. If I had seen any evidence of neglect I would never have been back and certainly wouldn’t have brought a couple hundred people there. If you wish to discuss further feel free to email me. I have also posted about it in my ship reviews. Check out Glory April 7 2018 and October 14, 2017.

I have been there 3 times on a cruise and I stayed there for 3 nights at the beginning of August. I can tell you that the animals were VERY well taken care of. If I had seen any evidence of neglect I would never have been back and certainly wouldn’t have brought a couple hundred people there. If you wish to discuss further feel free to email me. I have also posted about it in my ship reviews. Check out Glory April 7 2018 and October 14, 2017.

I’ll

Check out your reviews, thank you!