How's Carnival Magic?

Baby_Bear

Hi, its been a while since we have cruised Carnival, and wondering what the current experience is like. Looking at a 7-dayer on the Magic in August. Can people who have been on her recently comment on food, entertainment, ship condition, etc. I read that she was refurbished in 2016 - is she still in pretty good shape?

Also, I read that Carnival now offers a couple of extra perks for suites. Is it just the extra bottles of water and one free bag of laundry (in addition to the priority boarding which was always there)?

Lastly, what's the experience boarding from Port Canaveral? I've only ever boarded from Fort Lauderdale and Miami, both of which were big and Miami was pretty chaotic. Is Port Canaveral better?

Thanks!

Was on her 3/31-4/7, we have sailed her before and love this ship, she is in great shape with a lot to do if you choose. PC is our go to port as we can drive easily to this port, have never had an issue with boarding or disembarking at this port, smooth and quick for us but we have always had FTTF as we appreciate that we can enjoy most of our first vaca day onboard early with our cabin being ready. You will get your bottles of water and the bag of laundry with your priority status as you mentioned.

Food choices are bountiful and Tandoor is by far some of the best food on the ship. You will not go hungry, the comedy club is one of the bigger ones we have seen on many ships and never had issue getting a seat (was a very full ship that week), we have experienced the shows in the main theater several times and only saw the rock and roll show again, still fun to reminisce and worth seeing if you like that genre. We have not liked the country music equivalent as we are not country music fans. The love and marriage show as well as Quest are always amusing if you do not embarrass easily and like to laugh. ;p

We will be sad to see the Magic leave PC later this year but look forward to sailing the Breeze next spring and comparing her to her sister ship. Have fun!!!!

We enjoyed Magic. We cruise multiple lines and when considering Carnival only look to Dream class (of which Magic is part ) and Sunshine. Nice array of included food options, love Ocean Plaza for pre-dinner cocktails and live music. Full wrap-around promenade is lovely and plenty to keep everyone busy. The drainpipe water slide was cool and unique as well.

We will be sad to see the Magic leave PC later this year but look forward to sailing the Breeze next spring and comparing her to her sister ship. Have fun!!!!

We'll take her in Fort Lauderdale! I already booked a Magic sailing since she is moving closer ;p

We think the Dream class is the best Carnival has done. Lots of food choices and large venue for comedy club

I totally agree about Dream class, have done Breeze and Dream and really looking forward to our cruise on Magic this Saturday! Most of the recent reviews that I've read are great.

very nice ship. Liked the complete deck that wraps around deck 5.

Port canaveral is a great port since the addditional parking garage is now open. If you are up top on starboard side, you will get a closeup on webcam during departure on PLZTV.

Ship was in great condition this FEB. Food and service good as usual.

Looks like (I did not read, only the heading) someone else was on the Magic the same time we were, March 31st - April 7th.

This was our first cruise and we had an inner room, and were very happy with what we had, especially our room steward Gego, and his helper. They were amazing.:) In my over 25 years of cruising, I have had some good room stewards, but they were TOPS/BEST!!! Anything we wanted, or ask for, it was there!! Even really going out of their way to take care of us. They had no clue whether we would tip MORE, than what is charged on the bill. Did I tip more??? Yes, I doubled what I have always done before.

We ate at the MDR, and the service was fine. We also "discovered" the deli, which we knew about on other ships, but I feel the people that worked the deli for ME, went above what they needed to do. For example, I ordered the BLT (the sign tells what they put on there). When they fixed it, I ASK if they could add a pickle. Was the pickle for them there in that area, NO. Each time they left their station to get the pickle to add to my sandwich. :)

They have some good shows and entertainment as well.

Everyone we met that worked on the Magic, no matter what position they were in, were always FRIENDLY!