Current drink prices

volk904

Does anybody have the current drink prices. Need to decide on $300 credit or drink deal. With 5 port days I am not sure which is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most drinks with alcohol range from $6 - $20 ... with your call drinks being at the $9 range and your premium alcohol drinks right around $13. Most decent wines and drinks at the World Class Bar are at the $13 range with some being higher than that. These prices don't include the 18% gratuity. The package does include specialty coffees that range from $5 - $10, the more expensive ones having alcohol included. Bottled water is also included in your package.

For us, even with port intensive cruises, the beverage package always takes precedent over the $300 onboard credit. It really depends on the length of your cruise, though ... anything over 5 days, the package is the way to go ... again, for us.

Does anybody have the current drink prices. Need to decide on $300 credit or drink deal. With 5 port days I am not sure which is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you elite and have the free happy hour? If so, take the credit. Have you ever gone though your bill at the end of the cruise and added up how much you spend on alcohol? That will help you determine the best choice.

It really comes down to how much you think you'll consume on board (and even though you mention 5 port days I assume it's a 7 day cruise). Doing a quick calculation you have $300 which works out to approx $43 per day (or $21.50 per person). Assuming you each have two drinks a day each it would probably be breakeven. Throw on a bottle of water or two, a specialty coffee and it wouldn't take long for the drink package to become a better deal.

I have to agree with most folks here...OK, how much do you drink? I drink a bloody Mary in the morning ($12), a few beers during the day, $20, a drink before dinner or at the show ($24) wine at dinner by the glass ($8) Or Champagne ($12) then a night cap to get me to sleep (brandy Alexander) $ 12.............. Wow $ about $78...I believe you need a drink Package.

If you tell me I only have no more than a drink at dinner and maybe some wine...$20 a day...no, buy the drinks out right. Now how much do you drink when on vacation?

I know many of you think the drink package is a easy decision but we have purchased drink packages before and found on port days we usually did not break even. Sea days no problem.

On this cruise adding the 1 perk was a good price so we took the drink package but I will say with 5 port stops I don’t think I would have just purchased one out of our booking perk. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums