Anyone have a specific question about the Crown you want me to try to find out?

BoopTennis

This might not work, but I thought it might be fun. I leave next week on the Crown. If anyone has any specific questions that you have not been able to find an answer to elsewhere, I can try to check it out for you and answer when I get back. I won't be able to answer about any cabins of course except my own (balcony on Riviera deck near the aft). So ask away.

I will post patters when I return.

We'll be aboard her sailing Saturday Feb. 10th to the ABC's. How about telling us what movies they're playing on MUTs....? Thanks.....we're a bit apprehensive about the mattresses, but that will be specific to our cabins....understood.

Fun! I am on the Crown in April and am curious about two things.

First, there is a space next to Vines called Escapes Travel Cafe and I'm wondering what it is. Second, when I was on the CB last year, they had sign-ups for an escape room, but then had some kind of technical difficulty and couldn't do it. I've done land based escape rooms and found them really fun, so I would love to try one on board and wondered if the Crown had one.

Thanks so much for offering to scope things out for us!

First, there is a space next to Vines called Escapes Travel Cafe and I'm wondering what it is. Second, when I was on the CB last year, they had sign-ups for an escape room, but then had some kind of technical difficulty and couldn't do it. I've done land based escape rooms and found them really fun, so I would love to try one on board and wondered if the Crown had one.

I think I can help on that one. Notice that the Escapes Travel Cafe is just outside the Future Cruise Sales office. It is a common area with some PCs that you can use to do your own research on future cruises. I'm not sure if you can actually book a cruise by yourself at on of these PCs, but you can certainly query, say, what Alaska cruises are departing out of Seattle in July/August 2018. Also, there is a box there where you can submit Future Cruise Deposit forms.

No, you can't check your email or your Facebook page on these PCs.

I keep hearing about this ship being in bad shape. We were on this ship in July 2017 for 21 days. I don't know what people are talking about. The only thing we saw was some of the furniture was a little worn and in some of the public restrooms some of the toilets were out of order. We were on the Regal over New Years 2018 and I can say the same thing about it. Almost every public restroom I went in on the Regal one or more toilets were not in use. I also saw furniture that needed replacing. In our cabin on the Regal one of the drawers on my nightstand would not close all the way. Even on a newer ship things will not be perfect. We will be on the Crown again on the Transatlantic in November 2018. I can't wait. The Crown will be going into dry dock in April so some of the things that need updating will happen then.

I keep hearing about this ship being in bad shape. We were on this ship in July 2017 for 21 days. I don't know what people are talking about. The only thing we saw was some of the furniture was a little worn and in some of the public restrooms some of the toilets were out of order. We were on the Regal over New Years 2018 and I can say the same thing about it. Almost every public restroom I went in on the Regal one or more toilets were not in use. I also saw furniture that needed replacing. In our cabin on the Regal one of the drawers on my nightstand would not close all the way. Even on a newer ship things will not be perfect. We will be on the Crown again on the Transatlantic in November 2018. I can't wait. The Crown will be going into dry dock in April so some of the things that need updating will happen then.

I was on the Crown in november I found that this is very subjective and depends a whole lot on what your overall expectations are. An older ship is definitely not going to be mint but I do agree that for a line that positions itself as being "premium," it is totally legitimate to expect a little bit more attention to detail.

My wife and I definitely didn't find that the ship was in "bad shape," as it was overall clean and well maintained. But we agreed that they could make some effort to fix the various dings, scratches, water-stained ceilings and slightly cruddy-looking shower grout.

For us though, we don't define our cruise experience on having the ship looking like we are the first people ever onboard; but on reading some reviews, people seem to expect the ship to look like it's never been used.

We are sailing on the Crown February 18th. Can anyone answer if the carpet is still red and blue on each side of the ship? Just curious. Thanks!

Yes it is. Red border port side. Blue starboard.

Norris

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be very interested in the line-up of musicians on board, bands, singles, etc. Also the production shows. thanks! We are sailing in early March.

We just got the entertainment email for our cruise on the Crown in two weeks. It is:

Production Show

Magic To Do

ONBOARDMEDIA

· Battle of the Sexes(2017). Starring Emma Stone, Steve Carell. Directed by Jonathan Dayton, ValerieFaris. Rated PG-13, 2 hrs 1 min.

· Murder on the OrientExpress (2017). Starring: Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, . Directed by KennethBranagh. Rated PG-13, 1 hr. 54 mins.

GUESTENTERTAINERS

· Steve Caouette.Hilarious stand-up comedy and sound effects from a finalist for PrincessCruises 4th Annual "Entertainer of the Year"

· Solomon Jay. Heart ofMusic' features Solomon Jaye in a celebration of Classic & Contemporary Pop/ RnB. Jaye combines influences of Bruno Mars, Sam Cooke, and Lionel Richiewith the acrobatic and tap dance stylings of Michael Jackson, Sammy Da

ACTIVITIES

·

MardiGras

Don a colorful mask, bang the drums in a percussionclass and sway to the classic Zydeco beat when you join the onboard celebrationof Mardi Gras! Colorful banners flying high to the festive garb, this is onefantastic party...and you're invited!

I hope that "Boop Tennis" had a good trip, and will get back to us soon!

Thanks!

Kathy

Thanks Kathy! I'm especially interested in the musical groups in the lounges and also single performers as I'm a professional musician and always look forward to speaking with the musicians on board. I've heard some amazing single performers and groups during our many years cruising with Princess. Unfortunately, as with many things, Princess seems to be cutting back on the variety and amount of live music in recent years but so it goes.....

We'll be aboard her sailing Saturday Feb. 10th to the ABC's. How about telling us what movies they're playing on MUTs....? Thanks.....we're a bit apprehensive about the mattresses, but that will be specific to our cabins....understood.

I'm back! FANTASTIC cruise! so fun. ship was fine. We are staying in FL with friends for a few days before flying back home, when I get back home I will post full patters and do a review. But will try to answer questions in the meantime

MUTS movies included

Thor: Ragnorok

Beauty and the Beast

Eddie the Eagle

Murder on the Orient Express

Goodbye Christopher Robin

Galaxy Quest

Battle of the Sexes

Wonder

Grease

Victoria and Abdul

The Princess Bride

Jurassic World

Spider Man - Homecoming

So yes as answered before, the Escapes Travel Cafe is where you can sign up for future cruises or purchase your future cruise deposit if you want one.

There was on the first sea day an event called The Magicians Excape Room SignUps. The notice was to meet at 9 am that first sea day. But I did not attend so cannot tell you what happened or if they held it or not