Running Track on Coral Princess

jennypuccinelli

Promenade deck. Approx. 2.7 times around=1 mile

Not really a running track. Promenade deck has plenty of people walking the deck, sitting and looking at the view. If you don't mind the obstacle course the Promenade Deck is ok but I think you would get a better workout on the treadmill for the short time you are on the ship.

When absolutely necessary, I use Sun deck whenever it's too crowded on Promenade deck for my 4 mph brisk walks.

I try to figure out when Promenade deck is least crowded because I need to minimize sun exposure. My experience for brisk walks or those who jog is to go around meal times: early morning, midday or when passengers are getting ready for dinner. Those times are also generally the least busy times if going to the gym to use a treadmill or exercise bike.

Another big factor is the weather...when it's cold there aren't many other passengers with me on Promenade deck wearing thin cold weather exercise clothing. :p Although on a Panama Canal cruise cold weather isn't an issue but sometimes the hot humid weather keeps passengers inside the air-conditioned spaces & not outside on Promenade deck. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's hard to run most of the time. People seem to always walk 3 or 4 abreast. Then you have people that just walk onto track without ever looking if anyone is coming. It's usually easiest for me to use treadmill to avoid getting mad at people that have no common sense.

It's hard to run most of the time. People seem to always walk 3 or 4 abreast. Then you have people that just walk onto track without ever looking if anyone is coming. It's usually easiest for me to use treadmill to avoid getting mad at people that have no common sense.

I totally agree with you.

Tony

According to Webster's dictionary: Promenade - a public place for walking, as an avenue, deck of a ship, or the hall of a building.

No mention of it being a place for running. Runners complain about the walkers and walkers complain about the runners. My observation has been that the walkers are in the majority.

Then there are the people sleeping in their cabins who are awakened by early morning runners on the deck above who opt not to use the gym's treadmills. The Royal and Regal seem to have a fair compromise with a special track marked with a walker's lane and a runner's lane and located above no passenger cabins.

According to Webster's dictionary: Promenade - a public place for walking, as an avenue, deck of a ship, or the hall of a building.

No mention of it being a place for running. Runners complain about the walkers and walkers complain about the runners. My observation has been that the walkers are in the majority.

Then there are the people sleeping in their cabins who are awakened by early morning runners on the deck above who opt not to use the gym's treadmills. The Royal and Regal seem to have a fair compromise with a special track marked with a walker's lane and a runner's lane and located above no passenger cabins.

Thanks for your lesson on what a promenade is....