"LIVE" - Ovation of the Seas (April 9-26, 2018), Bill & Marie's slow boat to China

9bb874df22611fa65e5e5689bd733f40.jpg

89b4d4dd6e44ebd8a793725e025a4eee.jpg

Finally we headed back to the ship about 2 hours late.

2a0553165816e75a85777db628971fc2.jpg

36094031d7b519548581b8fa0be9b7b3.jpg

Another bright point was we arranged a special dinner of Philippine chicken Adobe at Coastal Kitchen for us and Jim and Sue. So we ended the day on a high note.

1409dba639ef286a578ca74884df29eb.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Holy cow, what a let down after all your wonderful experiences. I would be pissed and fought tooth and nail. Royal always has a "shopping" excursion. Why didn't those "ladies"(and i use that term loosely) book that kind of tour

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah it seemed a bit foolish to take a 4 hour round trip to shop for an hour and a half.

Gorgeous photos as usual Bill.

Sorry your Seoul excursion got screwed up, as usual accurate and timely communication in the world of Royal leaves much to be desired. However, I would look at is as one small little bump in an otherwise fantastic trip!:)

JMO, but I would have headed straight to the shore excursion desk, explained what happened and asked for my money back. It is not right to deviate like that from what is advertised, regardless of the rudeness of others. So sorry that happened on your big day in Seoul. You did the best you could with the information you had at the time, incomplete as it was. I assume you are soured "forever" on RCI excursions.

At least you ended the day on a high note.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Toured today with Bill and Marie. Agree 100% with his description of our day. RCI really let us down. For us it was a once in a lifetime trip so to not see and do what we anticipated has been a huge disappointment.

Happy we ended the day on a high note enjoying a special Filipino dinner with Bill and Marie.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Forums mobile app

Toured today with Bill and Marie. Agree 100% with his description of our day. RCI really let us down. For us it was a once in a lifetime trip so to not see and do what we anticipated has been a huge disappointment.

Happy we ended the day on a high note enjoying a special Filipino dinner with Bill and Marie.

Having had similar experiences on once in a lifetime trips, I understand. Sometimes it's hard to "roll with the punches.":o

I am finally caught up on your trip and have LOVED every second of it. Thank you so much for taking us along! Not sure we will ever get to that part of the world so we are loving all the pictures and reporting you are providing and hope you continue having a great trip. Thanks again!

What an amazing live review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. I am sure that I will never visit this part of the world as I also have a husband that would starve to death so it is not really an option for us. I 100% would have bitterly complained to the shore excursion desk. Rude passengers like those would have gotten some choice words back from me. You were very polite to not tee off on them!

It is very unfortunate that Korea migration has not improved for years now.... the same thing happened in the inaugural Ovation cruise from Singapore to Tianjin almost 2 years ago.... ship docked around 6-7am... could not get off the ship until around midday!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is very unfortunate that Korea migration has not improved for years now.... the same thing happened in the inaugural Ovation cruise from Singapore to Tianjin almost 2 years ago.... ship docked around 6-7am... could not get off the ship until around midday!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually the Korean immigration has improved as they processed everyone in the morning. Royal was the one giving the miscommunication that it would take till the afternoon to complete.

I would also complain to Shore Excursions about what happened, including the bad information about when you could leave the ship. I'm sure that was an expensive tour and it must have been very disappointing. A similar event happened when we went to Rome on a private tour: we were rushed through things I wanted to see only to be given an hour at the end 'for shopping'.

I would also complain to Shore Excursions about what happened, including the bad information about when you could leave the ship. I'm sure that was an expensive tour and it must have been very disappointing. A similar event happened when we went to Rome on a private tour: we were rushed through things I wanted to see only to be given an hour at the end 'for shopping'.
We will probably stop in there later this morning. Especially after seeing the pictures from the private tours others took.

Beautiful day here in the Yellow Sea on our way to Tianjin.

307000cd35a3c1bca03c279db350f644.jpg

I stopped by Shore Excursions and tried to explain to the young lady that two of the three sites were closed. She stated they posted updates on the TV and I should have seen them.

So it was my fault for not checking for updates? Not surprised by the response.

I pressed it saying we should get more than 40 minutes for a cultural stop in a 9 hour tour. Also mentioned the broken escalator and the driving in circles to find more shopping places so she said we will get some refund. Wait and see.

I stopped by Shore Excursions and tried to explain to the young lady that two of the three sites were closed. She stated they posted updates on the TV and I should have seen them.

I pressed it saying we should get more than 40 minutes for a cultural stop in a 9 hour tour. Also mentioned the broken escalator and the driving in circles to find more shopping places so she said we will get some refund. Wait and see.

So I checked our online account and we did get a refund. A whopping 15%. How magnanimous.

There wasn't any update on the TV. We checked our messages daily and never saw anything. More incorrect information.

There wasn't any update on the TV. We checked our messages daily and never saw anything. More incorrect information.

Yup, again not surprised. So now I am putting that port in the rear view mirror and looking forward to the upcoming three days in China. [emoji3]