I don't remember ever seeing a "Private departure lounge with continental breakfast"

Hollyann

After our next cruise we will make it to platinum level with RCCL and I was reviewing the difference between gold and platinum. I noticed that all previous travelers - basically gold members and up get "Private departure lounge with continental breakfast". I don't remember ever seeing any type of departure breakfast or private departure lounge. Is that in the terminal prior to boarding? Just curious. Gosh, I would bet about 50% of the ship is repeat customers. That would be a lot of people to try and separate out.

We are usually there about 11:30 and can usually get right on the ship. Maybe we walked right by it in our excitement to get on.

On our last cruise on Allure, the Diamond departure lounge was located in Dazzles, there was a table with coffee, tea and pastries.

It wasn't very crowded, I think each level of repeat cruisers get their separate locations, but all with the same amenities.

Also, a few years back, on Brilliance, I believe the Diamond departure Lounge was either in the Viking Crown or the small jazz Lounge next doors.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

its the area you wait in before your disembarkation number is called. they typically set up a large table with pastries and some sliced fruit and coffee urns and pitchers of OJ. might be a lounge, might be a specialty restaurant.

generally only Suites/Pinnacle have a set up like that on the morning you embark, and sometimes not even that exciting. I have had cruises begin with nothing but a few plates of cookies and urns of ice water.

Oh gosh, thanks so much for clarifying. I knew my thinking must be off - In my head, I was "departing" from the United States :'):'):')

We always carry our bags off at 6:30 am so never really pay attention to the disembarking .... aka...departing LOL.

Makes so much sense now. ;p;p

I saw this listed as a benefit, too, and I was also wondering about the meaning. I am only gold level, but does this mean there is some private lounge I go to for disembarkation, or is it just a spot to grab a pastry before joining the rest of the masses for disembarkation?

I saw this listed as a benefit, too, and I was also wondering about the meaning. I am only gold level, but does this mean there is some private lounge I go to for disembarkation, or is it just a spot to grab a pastry before joining the rest of the masses for disembarkation?

There will be place to wait and sit for disembarkation, and they will usually have coffee, tea, maybe juice, and maybe some pastries.

Are gold also entitled too

Varies. Sometimes all C&A members (except Pinnacle) are grouped in one area, sometimes it's broken down other levels.

The departure process will be detailed in a letter that you will get in your stateroom called "As You Depart".