White noise question

stone1061

I have always used a white noise machine, but it takes up a lot of room in the suitcase. This last cruise I found an app on my iPhone called Deep Sleep. It has all kinds of noises on it including Fan. We personally liked the Airplane Cabin noise and used it. You do have to buy it for a couple of bucks or it cuts off after an hour. I turned it on, plugged in my phone and slept great!

There are all kinds of noises that you will not be used to... ship creakings due to wind and waves to people talking in the hallways to water running somewhere to doors slamming and so on. We have a combination white noise machine and clock. Some have argued with me about how the clock will not keep good time because of the kind of electrical current, but we have never had that issue. We always know the time, the light of the clock provides a little bit of non-intrusive light so we can make it to the bathroom in the otherwise utter darkness, and the white noise drowns out any noise distractions. It's fairly small and totally worth it. If you need a fan, I would say, "bring it"! We put our phones away!!!!

Edited by drvalo

that depends where your cabin is located, and what type of cabin it is... i always bring a small battery operated fan (because i'm always hot) .

Does the fan last all night long? I have been looking into fans since I am so used to sleeping with one blowing on me at night. But most of them only last a few hours on a charge.

Does the fan last all night long? I have been looking into fans since I am so used to sleeping with one blowing on me at night. But most of them only last a few hours on a charge.

my fan is so old it runs on batteries! i also bring a clip on fan w/ an extension cord.. i need the air, i am always warm!:p

There was an old post about fans where someone said NCL guest services may provide one if you ask for it.. i tried to verify that, but they were clueless. so i bring my own... carry it on or it may end up in the naughty room . (even though it's not on the naughty list.)

my fan is so old it runs on batteries! i also bring a clip on fan w/ an extension cord.. i need the air, i am always warm!:p

There was an old post about fans where someone said NCL guest services may provide one if you ask for it.. i tried to verify that, but they were clueless. so i bring my own... carry it on or it may end up in the naughty room . (even though it's not on the naughty list.)

I want to bring a fan that plugs in but had read that they weren't allowing them. We are always hot too. On our last cruise, our room was so warm even with the AC turned down all the way. We slept uncovered most of the night, I need the air circulation. lol

I want to bring a fan that plugs in but had read that they weren't allowing them. We are always hot too. On our last cruise, our room was so warm even with the AC turned down all the way. We slept uncovered most of the night, I need the air circulation. lol

It's not on the list of prohibited items. I think if it is smallish, there should be no problem to bringing it with you. It doesn't heat. I know that on the Jade last month there were lots of announcements about not leaving items plugged in when you were out of your cabin; mostly that seemed to be about charging electronics. We were able to leave our clock plugged in without any issue, however. So, I think if you just unplug it when you are out, you should be fine.

It's not on the list of prohibited items. I think if it is smallish, there should be no problem to bringing it with you. It doesn't heat. I know that on the Jade last month there were lots of announcements about not leaving items plugged in when you were out of your cabin; mostly that seemed to be about charging electronics. We were able to leave our clock plugged in without any issue, however. So, I think if you just unplug it when you are out, you should be fine.

Great, thank you. I think I will get a small fan and at least try. I also have a white noise app on my phone, just in case. We sail next month. :)