kids/teen formal wear....

happymoes

Where do you buy them?

Trying to find someplace that won't break the bank!:p

Try your local thrift shops. Or re-sell stores. I got a great formal gown that I still wear at the Salvation Army Store for $10.00.

Where do you buy them?

Trying to find someplace that won't break the bank!:p

In the next couple weeks would be a good time to buy. We have found some great clearance deals after Prom at stores like Macy's, JC Penneys, and Sears. Usually less than $25.

You don't even have to get them a tux or long sparkly dress, unless you're going on Cunard. For boys, a suit with a tie (on some cruiselines, a dress shirt, tie and nice slacks will suffice). Girls can wear a party dress. You can check out the thrift stores, especially if they are still growing and they might only get to wear the outfits once or twice.

Boys; shirt and tie are fine, otherwise thrift shops, ebay, etc. for suit coats or tuxes.

Girls: so many options; I see prom type dresses on sale at ridiculous prices in our local stores after prom season--like $10-$25 dollars. Also, there are lots of cute sundresses and maxi dresses that will work fine.

I love seeing them all dressed up, and interestingly even our teen grandson loves wearing a tie for a change. The girls, of course, love it all.