Water shoes

Megan07

I tried to search the boards for suggestions on water shoes. Didn't find much.

I'm thinking about getting an inexpensive pair of water shoes. Something I can wear on shore excursions to walk around and shop in, to possibly zip line in Labadee, or walk around the ship in, or for beach ports. What do you suggest? I was looking at zappos and didn't really see anything or what I did like was not what I was willing to spend.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I wear tennis shoes. the only place you would need water shoes would be dunns river falls, the rest of the time, they might be nice on the beach. I wouldnt wear them everywhere myself, since tennis shoes have rubber gripes for the pool deck and more comfortable.

When I was looking for water shoes for my cruise, I googled water shoes and aqua shoes. That way I came across a few sites. Then if I noticed that they were calling the shoes something else, I tried googling the word the website had called them. Some had great looking shoes that cost way more than I was willing to spend. But I did manage to find a couple of sites with some reasonable shoes. I think I ended up spendning around $12-$15 a pair.

I don't have a recommendation for a brand, but I have been able to find some pretty inexpensive ones (under $10) around this time of year at stores such as Wal Mart, Target...etc...since their summer stuff is on clearance of up to 75% off. They work fine for the beach or a shore excursion that involve water.

I agree with a prior comment and think that when it comes to walking around and things in port you may just want to wear tennis shoes or some really good shoes that are made for walking. Depending on your ports of calls, excursions and the roads you will be on, comfortable walking/running shoes are a must.

Landsend has some on sale at the moment for men and women but I definitely do not recommend them for walking in--you need walking shoes that have been waterproofed. I ended up buying men's hiking shoes but regular leather tennies should work fine. Reebok makes one that runs about $40. Lots of threads on the topic.

Landsend has some on sale at the moment for men and women but I definitely do not recommend them for walking in--you need walking shoes that have been waterproofed. Lots of threads on the topic.

its too bad they this wasn't posted on Wednesday, they had an additional 25% off all shoes including water shoes and they also have hard to find wide water shoes as well(I own three pairs from them all under $20)

its too bad they this wasn't posted on Wednesday, they had an additional 25% off all shoes including water shoes and they also have hard to find wide water shoes as well(I own three pairs from them all under $20)

Yes--that's when I got mine--use them for water aerobics.

My husband and I got some awesome amphibious shoes for our honeymoon. They are a little pricey at around $80 I think but we wear them all the time now, they're our favorite shoes to wear around town or doing outdoorsy stuff. Mine are Teva's (Omnium is the style I think). They are perfect for ANY kind of activity, wet or dry.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did go to target and walmarts websites. Nothing really caught my attention. I'm not sure when I'll go on my cruise, I'm trying for January, but if the sand is hot, it'd be nice to have. I may be doing zipline in labadee then beach and don't really want to wear tennis shoes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did go to target and walmarts websites. Nothing really caught my attention. I'm not sure when I'll go on my cruise, I'm trying for January, but if the sand is hot, it'd be nice to have. I may be doing zipline in labadee then beach and don't really want to wear tennis shoes.

Gosh--I had been thinking about water shoes in Alaska--:o --that's my trip!

We used Speedo water shoes in Hawaii on the beach but not on land--used Tevas for that. Try Sierra Trading for Tevas --they are the most comfortable sandals I own. I had three pairs until the dog ate one of them. I have something like these http://www.sierratradingpost.com/teva-hurricane-3-sport-sandals-microban-for-women~p~96760/?filterString=search~teva-womens-sandals%2F

I always go to my local sporting goods store and every time I've went they've had a sale on them. I've paid anywhere from $5-$7 for, what I would call, decent pairs of water shoes. The paid I got last year are really comfortable and I bought my husband and daughter a pair this year because we are doing a cave tubing tour. I think they will serve the purpose. (Unless you are looking into wearing them more often than your cruise-which we only wear ours then).

We go to the Jersy shore often and I always wear water shoes.About 8 or10 years there were reports of medical waste washing on the beaches and most people wore water shoes. As time went by less and less people wear them now very few wear them at all me and some kids .Wall-Mart does still sell them around 8to ten dollars. After the season I have seen them for 1 dollar.

We use Crocs. Not exactly what I would call inexpensive, but I picked them up for the kids for $14.99 a pair and mine were on clearance at around $20. They have actual foot support, rather than a flat sole which can lead to sore knees/hips/back if you walk in them for an extended period of time. Plus they float ;)

Google "Teva water shoes" and " Keen water shoes" images

Great shoes, can be worn everywhere, not just in water.

Walmart has a knock off for a lot cheaper, and skechers makes a less expensive one too.

We like them a lot better than the tight fitting 'bootie" type that a real pain if you get sand in them, and you will.

I have seen "Aqua shoes" everywhere in the last 3 weeks. Wal-mart, K-mart, Target, Kohl's, Marshalls, Ross and very inexpensive.

I also do water aerobics and also wear them at the beaches in Mexico, Jamaica, as sometimes their beaches are very rocky and tend to hurt your feet.

Hope you find the ones you want. Have a great future cruise in the meantime!

We just purchased Speedo brand water shoes for $16 a pair. I plan to use them for the beach at Labadee and Dunns Falls in Jamaica. I will also probalby use them for walking around the ship on sea days.

We also bought the Speedo brand. We got them at an end of the season close-out last Sept at Target. They were originally priced at $29.99 per pair at we picked them up for $9.99 for mine and $13.99 for my fiances. His are black and grey and mine are black with some pink piping. They are really cute, very comfortable and have a nice little zipper in the front so they are easy to put on and off when they are wet. They were also great for going to the pool areas on the ship. The decks can get slick when wearing flippies. We found them in the sports section with the swim fins and snorkels etc... not the shoe section. Keep your eyes peeled at Target. Walmart does sell water shoes but they are more of a generic brand and do not have the nice little zipper feature and are not as comfy.

We snorkeled in Cozumel and the beaches there were pretty rocky, we were so glad we brought these along.

We snorkeled in Cozumel and the beaches there were pretty rocky, we were so glad we brought these along.

Boy!!!!...you can say that again!

We "ouched" all the way into the water and "ouched" all the way back. One of their beaches in particular is very rocky and hurtful. Of course, we did not have the aqua shoes then....so we suffered going in and out of the water. :mad:

I tried to search the boards for suggestions on water shoes. Didn't find much.

I'm thinking about getting an inexpensive pair of water shoes. Something I can wear on shore excursions to walk around and shop in, to possibly zip line in Labadee, or walk around the ship in, or for beach ports. What do you suggest? I was looking at zappos and didn't really see anything or what I did like was not what I was willing to spend.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I buy mine from Lands End. Check out their website as all watershoes are on clearance. Just purchased my third pair to use specifically as outdoor shoes. http://www.landsend.com/pp/SliponWaterShoes~225794_253.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_Overstocks-_-NotQuitePerfect&origin=index

Archived