Constellation Cabin Help

Oceangoer2

It's been many years since sailing the Constellation. Can anyone please let me know which cabins have the larger balcony mentioned in some threads. Can't find them after searching. Thinking of a 2019 European cruise in C class.

2C 6016 - 6030 and the same 8 cabins port side. Balcony size does not show on the deck plan. I presume you are still looking at an M class ship.

All the aft cabins, 12 of which are Concierge C1 (if that is what you mean by C class)

2C 6016 - 6030 and the same 8 cabins port side. Balcony size does not show on the deck plan. I presume you are still looking at an M class ship.

All the aft cabins, 12 of which are Concierge C1 (if that is what you mean by C class)

Yes...concierge 1, 2, or 3...only aft?

Without a doubt, the fantail (aft-facing) C1 cabins on decks 7, 8, and 9 offer the most expansive (non-suite) balconies in this fleet or any other! There are only 12 of these C1s, 4 on each of the above mentioned decks, identical on each Millennium Class ship. In fact, we just returned from a Constellation Med/Holy Land sailing in one of them, cabin 8172.

We love these cabins. They're quiet. The partial roof and canvas covering provides shade if you want sun protection. But there's plenty of sunny area if that's what you prefer.The aft location insulates you from the wind. The enormous balcony accommodates the regular two chairs/table, as well as two full size loungers. There's plenty of room to host a gathering of up to 10 people and more. (We did so on the Infinity a few years back.) And the spectacular almost 180 degree views ... incredible!

In fact, the deck space is so large that you almost have to go outside to the railing, in order to see where you are!

The cost would be your primary consideration. These particular C1s can often be priced even higher than Aqua Class 2. So you pay top dollar, but don't get the perk of dining in Blu. However, if you value privacy, quiet, and you would enjoy a massive addition of real estate for your cruise, these C1 balconies would do the trick.

There are probably photographs posted here and there. Try to locate some, so that you'll get a better idea.

Best of luck and Happy Sailing!

AC Stew

Never stayed in a sweet 16, but I think the balconies would be smaller than the aft C1's (much cheaper though) and yes, they are only forward. I see 2 C2's, 8046 and 8045 that have triangular balconies that would be a bit larger. You could get these for the price of C3 if you are a Captain's Club member which I think you are, having sailed on Connie years ago. (Note, you can't get the one category upgrade from C2 to C1).

Thanks to all...I'll see what's available Aft C1's and also the C2 suggestion....yes...we're now Elite Plus...but will never make Zenith! Probably if we had started sailing with Celebrity our first cruise we might be now, but had to experience most lines before settling on what we consider the best for us.

Here is a photo of the aft of a M class ship with the cabin numbers. We pick 8172 whenever possible on these ships. The C1 cabins on the side on Deck 6 in my opinion are not worth the price even though the balcony is larger than normal. You just can't beat these aft C1 cabins

http://i45.tinypic.com/2me1xcn.jpg

There is a sticky thread for the M-Class Ships - cabin reviews:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911871

If you go to the last page, you will see a link to the GOOGLE doc. The first tab has all the cabin reviews, the second tab (look at bottom of sheet for the tabs) is a page with more information regarding specific cabins noted for having larger balconies, or other items of interest not noted on deck plans.

Edited by hvbaskey

Here is a photo of the aft of a M class ship with the cabin numbers. We pick 8172 whenever possible on these ships. The C1 cabins on the side on Deck 6 in my opinion are not worth the price even though the balcony is larger than normal. You just can't beat these aft C1 cabins

http://i45.tinypic.com/2me1xcn.jpg

Thanks for the photo...helps to see locations exactly. Can you share why #6144 - side aft C1 - aren't worth the price? I have a hold on one. Not sure #8172 is available.

There is a sticky thread for the M-Class Ships - cabin reviews:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911871

If you go to the last page, you will see a link to the GOOGLE doc. The first tab has all the cabin reviews, the second tab (look at bottom of sheet for the tabs) is a page with more information regarding specific cabins noted for having larger balconies, or other items of interest not noted on deck plans.

Thanks for the link...I had looked for in on the 1st page and never thought the link would be on the last page. BTW...love your signature pic!

Thanks for the photo...helps to see locations exactly. Can you share why #6144 - side aft C1 - aren't worth the price? I have a hold on one. Not sure #8172 is available.

The ones on deck 6 ( on the side) the balcony is probably twice as deep as a normal balcony. We didn't like the privacy aspect as the extended part of the balcony was totally exposed to the balcony above. We were eating breakfast out there and realized that there were people directly over our heads. The aft balcony's are 16 to 20' deep with 1/3 covered by steel roof, 1/3 covered by canvas and the final 1/3 open. While the final 1/3 is exposed to above the aft is tapered and it's not really an issue, the rest of the balcony is very private.

I'd take any C1 on the aft with decks 7 and 8 being preferred. Only negative about deck 9 is there can be noise from moving chairs at the lounge above.

The larger C1's in the center I believe are accessible cabins.