Converting Included Classic Package to Premium Non-Alcoholic

garnet115

What has been the experience of converting the Classic drink package (included as a promo perk) to the premium non alcoholic package? Someone mentioned that they thought you could do it for $4/nt (plus gratuity) once onboard the ship, but that not all ships allow it. I will be on Summit in August and don't drink alcohol, but would take full advantage of the prem non-alcoholic package.

Also, are there any nonalcoholic beverages excluded from the Prem package?

Thanks.

Varying experiences apparently based on previous threads on this topic. Our has been a successful downgrade was possible on 3 of our Eclipse trips then on the next one they said it couldn't be done and they had never offered it, despite me pointing out the guest relations guy who did it for my OH on the previous cruise just months before. Inconsistency....aarrgghh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information. Hopefully we'll be able to do it. If anyone has Summit-specific experience, I'd love to hear it.

As for the prem non alcoholic package - are there any exclusions, or are basically all nonalcoholic beverages included?

Thanks for the information. Hopefully we'll be able to do it. If anyone has Summit-specific experience, I'd love to hear it.

As for the prem non alcoholic package - are there any exclusions, or are basically all nonalcoholic beverages included?

I cannot think of any non alcoholic drinks that are not covered. My OH doesnt drink alcohol and enjoys the Premium sparkling waters and the large array of mocktails he can create. You don't have to stick to the drinks on the limited menus. They have lots of island oasis flavours and you can just try different combos, blended or not. Plus premium non alcohol package still includes canned soda which has been dropped from the Classic alcohol package in favour of just fountain soda.

I've done it. It's actually a downgrade, there should be no additional charge. Not on the Summit, but on the Infinity. Just off the Summit, but the premium package came with my cabin, so no Summit-specific experience. Just be sure to do it prior to charging any drinks to your package. That supposedly creates an accounting nightmare and will probably lead them to say no.

We are sailing in July -- our package came with Classic Non-Alcohol for my daughter which I upgraded to Premium Non-Alcohol Package Upgrade through my travel agent for $33.04. Not sure what it would be on-board... but $40 sounds possible.

I've done it. It's actually a downgrade, there should be no additional charge. Not on the Summit, but on the Infinity. Just off the Summit, but the premium package came with my cabin, so no Summit-specific experience. Just be sure to do it prior to charging any drinks to your package. That supposedly creates an accounting nightmare and will probably lead them to say no.

You are correct, the last time they allowed it for my OH they said it was much easier to do before any drinks had been consumed otherwise they would have needed to verify if those would have been included in the downgraded package. Still reports of some being charged to downgrade is worrying.

I was charged $4 per day plus gratuity to do this on two different ships.

We had the classic alcohol and they said you can downgrade it to the classic non alcohol for free and then pay the $4 plus gratuity to upgrade to the premium non alcohol.

It didn't make sense as the classic alcohol is more expensive, but we were told this is the only way it can work so it was done.

The ships were the Constellation and Silhouette.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We tried twice once on the eclipse and once on the Equinox and both times we were told it was not possible at guest relations. We were charged 10 per day extra, it sucked, but I like the sparking waters so I paid it.

We just did it on the Summit in April. The 1st time I went down and asked they said no, it can't be done because we got it as a perk. After I thought about it a bit I think they thought I wanted a refund with it, so I went back down and told them I don't want a refund just to downgrade and they said no problem. :)

I had no problem doing this on the Reflection last New Year's. I headed to Guest Relations as soon as we boarded, told them I don't drink alcohol, and they said no problem, and reissued me a new card with the Premium Non-Alcohol package indicated. I plan to do the same on the Infinity next week.

I had no problem doing this on the Reflection last New Year's. I headed to Guest Relations as soon as we boarded, told them I don't drink alcohol, and they said no problem, and reissued me a new card with the Premium Non-Alcohol package indicated. I plan to do the same on the Infinity next week.

No extra fee, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a change from classic alcohol package to the premium non alcohol package for my wife . We did it as soon as we got on board the Solstice on 5/17/17 to Alaska.There was no fee, guest relations girl made a phone call to someone and got approval to do the change, reissued a new room card and that was it. Was questioned once when making order for a Vitamin Zero but waitress said it should clear at accounting when invoice is sent and accounting have record of the change. No charges showed up on bill.

You know I'm already stressed. We board Eclipse on Saturday. My OH has the Classic alcohol package but doesn't drink alcohol. On 4 of our 6 Eclipse trips he has been able to downgrade. On our last Eclipse trip last Sep he asked and was flatly refused despite them allowing this previously. They said they had never allowed it yet they had and he pointed to the person on guest relations who had actioned it a few months earlier. It's disturbing that there is such inconsistency.

• 2 months later...

Many here are saying they did it on-board.

Dumb question - Did anyone request the change upon making the original booking and the agent said NO or was the thought of changing packages not thought about until after the booking was completed.

Many here are saying they did it on-board.

Dumb question - Did anyone request the change upon making the original booking and the agent said NO or was the thought of changing packages not thought about until after the booking was completed.

If a cruise deal comes with a free Classic Package, it cannot be changed when booking.

If a cruise deal comes with a free Classic Package, it cannot be changed when booking.

We've done it with other lines- MSC and Costa while sailing out of US booked through US - as long as it was a down grading of package, they didn't have any issue making changes. Changed from alcohol packages to soda or soda/water with nothing more than a "give me one minute and the sound of typing on a keyboard" and it was done.

Don't know if it's a cruise line specific thing, country difference or simply people don't attempt to ask until after boarding.

We've done it with other lines- MSC and Costa while sailing out of US booked through US - as long as it was a down grading of package, they didn't have any issue making changes. Changed from alcohol packages to soda or soda/water with nothing more than a "give me one minute and the sound of typing on a keyboard" and it was done.

Don't know if it's a cruise line specific thing, country difference or simply people don't attempt to ask until after boarding.

Nope, cannot be done at the time of booking with Celebrity. The promo is the promo.

Successfully downgraded to Premium non alhocol on Equinox Sept 2016, after being pointed out that this would not entitle us to refund.

Tried on Silhouette 7/30/17, again mentioning no refund expected. Guy at guest services did not want to do it, after insisting, he called someone and said would need to downgrade to non alcohol classic (without refund) and then pay to upgrade to premium non alcohol (not sure anymore which amount he quoted, could have been $ 4 per day, but I thought it was even more). We declined this suggestion.

However, a couple hours later went back to guest service desk, asked another person, who did it immediately without blinking or checking back with someone. And no charge to us at all.

As on Silhouette (contrarily to Equinox last year) the smoothies and juices in the Aqua Class were included in Classic alcohol package, same as all coffees up to $ 9 in the Café and Vitamin water or frozen non alcohol drinks, we found the difference with the premium package was only the premium waters. Therefore if this now will be the case on all ships, we might not need or want to "downgrade" anymore.

Consistency is not Celebrity :loudcry:

Edited by Michidoeme