Arcadia in Guernsey for birthday treat.. Ideas please

madster66

Hi All I am taking my mum (82) to Guernsey on a mini break on Arcadia for her birthday in May 2019 and I was hoping for some suggestions of what we could do to make the day extra special for her.. I am thinking we may not get off in Guernsey as I will be worried about getting mum on and off the tender.. All ideas would be much appreciated as I would love my mum to have the best day ever ...:D

Arcadia is a lovely ship,our favourite..so that is a good start. Would you mum be able to cope with a tea and the evening meal. I know as one gets older food is not always at the top of the list...Id say go for one of the speciality places on board ..

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu?_ga=2.113792001.745473255.1533184312-1053098145.1481372018&_gac=1.79227494.1530860078.CjwKCAjwg_fZBRAoEiwAppvp-fJsxUB5Nml0vEtTHVplqM4qoR5fgVyI04MsrWrBCHPuFQXwSJpmlBoC6UMQAvD_BwE

hopefully the link works.if it doesn't go on the faq section on their web page and put in sample menues. See if there is anything there she would like. As one is not always able to tender ashore in Guernsey full stop, staying onboard is no problem

https://www.pocruises.com/gifts-and-luxuries/

have a look at this and see if anything is suitable.

have a lovely cruise. how wonderful to do this for your mum.

Please be aware that quite often the ships can't tender in Guernsey if there is swell. Not trying to put a damper on but I have heard it quite often.

Jean read the first post do not think the lady intends to get off anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi All I am taking my mum (82) to Guernsey on a mini break on Arcadia for her birthday in May 2019 and I was hoping for some suggestions of what we could do to make the day extra special for her.. I am thinking we may not get off in Guernsey as I will be worried about getting mum on and off the tender.. All ideas would be much appreciated as I would love my mum to have the best day ever ...:D
There are crew to help people on and off the tender.

Guernsey is a nice port and would be a shame to miss.

We brought Pauline's mam on Ventura for her 90th birthday 6 years ago.

You could check to see if one of the speciality restaurants does an afternoon tea.