Shoes and dresses - help me choose

leela14

Just a small point, but you're not supposed to wear stockings with peep toe shoes, are you?

Nope, you aren't - but right now my Irish skin is pasty translucent white and I didn't want to subject anyone to that LOL - I will be tanning before the cruise.

I hate that those pictures as so large. I am on another nom-cruising forum, and the pics automatically get resized when you copy them from Photobucket so that they are a normal size. I guess I'll have to figure out how to resize them before I post - but I usually post from my iPad photobucket app, not sure if you can resize there.

The gold pair show more uninterrupted skin, giving the appearance of longer, thinner legs. That may be why they seem more feminine to you.

As for color matching, the blue looks best with the silver, the floral with the gold. The black could go either way. Are you sure you can't squeeze both pairs in your bag?

The gold pair show more uninterrupted skin' date=' giving the appearance of longer, thinner legs. That may be why they seem more feminine to you.

As for color matching, the blue looks best with the silver, the floral with the gold. The black could go either way. Are you sure you can't squeeze both pairs in your bag?[/quote']

It's not that so much - it's knowing they are going to sit in my closet unused until God knows when once the cruise is over. I don't do that many special occasions - maybe one wedding and New Year's Eve per year where I would wear those. And with the platform they could be out of style by next year. I have some "cruise shoes" I bought for my cruise in 2009 and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them now because they are dated - and I don't think I wore them more that 2-3 times after the cruise.

And I know they aren't outrageously expensive, but $100 for the silvers and $140 for the golds to be worn maybe 2-3 times each and never again - seems wrong.

So basically you're trying to decide which shoes to keep (and bring on the cruise) and which shoes to return to the store. Many of us thought you already owned both pairs.

My vote is for the gold - they're a classic sling back style so are more likely to "last". They look elegant and do make a nice long leg. They look great with two of the three dresses (black and flowered) and certainly good enough with the third.

I think the gold sling backs are more versatile so you might be able to get more use from them then just on the cruise. You can wear them with a pair of black pants or dark-wash jeans. I don't see that happening with the other pair.

And I second "no hose w/peep toes" :)

Just a small point, but you're not supposed to wear stockings with peep toe shoes, are you?

The OP had asked advise on shoes. I do not think she needed permission to wear hose, which look just fine. The icky no hose look is finally going away anyway

OP has already addressed the no hose with peep toe in post #15.

Now as to this type of shoe and jeans, that is a fashion faux pas where I come from. Trousers yes but never shoes like this with denims.

Any closer to a decision yet Leela14? I know what you are going to choose:p

I know you aren't a fan but I am leaning toward the gold. I have until text weekend to make the final decision - 14 day return policy on both. They do seem a bit more versatile than the silver although I doubt they would be seeing the light of day much.

Archived