2019 British Isles cruises fares up $100pp today

rocklinmom

Well today the June 2019 British Isles cruises fares are up by $100pp.

And they don't show the Captain's Circle Launch fare savings, which is usually $100pp for that length of cruise.

So yesterday it would have cost $400 less to book. Today it will cost the same as yesterday, assuming I call in to get them to apply the Launch Savings. Or are they no longer offering the Launch savings? It was on the preview spreadsheet that we were able to see last week...

This is getting beyond frustrating.

Wow, and fares are already ridiculously high (in my estimation). We went ahead and booked Royal last night. We are happy to have a fare we can live with and even though we lose a couple of the places we had wanted to see on the cruise we gained Amsterdam.

We booked two July 2019 cabins around the UK on the Crown yesterday morning before fhey were open to the general public, one for us and one for our son's family who has not cruised with Princess before. We got the $100 pp savings but our son's family didn't, which makes sense. However, we also noticed the same category on the July 2018 cruise is about $1,600 pp cheaper than the 2019 cruise. I have little doubt the price for the 2019 cruise is going to go down and the free perks from upcoming sales are going to make our bookings much more favorable as time goes on. The key for us is to rebook our cruises when those savings become available.

Fares go up and down all the time. Why shouldn't the 2019 ones just released do the same? We have not made a booking yet, but I bet everyone that rushed to do so will be back on here in the future crowing about how much they just saved on a price drop or one of the endless Princess promotions.

Fares go up and down all the time. Why shouldn't the 2019 ones just released do the same? We have not made a booking yet, but I bet everyone that rushed to do so will be back on here in the future crowing about how much they just saved on a price drop or one of the endless Princess promotions.

I bet you I don't, geez..... just a discussion on day of pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So apparently the fares for the summer 2019 British Isles cruises go up $100 every other day. After going up $100pp on Friday, then immediately going back down to the original launch fare that same morning, now today (Sunday) the fares are back up $100pp again. I don't know if they are forcing people to book because of so few available cabins and the constantly fluctuating prices. I have never seen anything like this on Princess before.

And to the person who thought it was just good marketing and no big deal, yes it's normal for fares to fluctuate before final payment, but certainly not in the first few days that a cruise is released. That doesn't make any sense to me. It feels like they are trying to force bookings by dangling limited available cabins and the threat of your fare going up $100pp the next day. And before someone says, $100pp, big deal...for four people that is $400 and the insurance then goes up as well.