Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

kakalina - nice on the weight loss and maintenance. That's a lot of weight and quitting smoking as well - congrats.

Off topic - but can I ask how did you do it?

I lost 75lbs back in 2001. Maintain normally 50lbs of it off.

I normally low carb/smart carb/sugarfree -what ever you call it and gluten free to keep my weight off,,,,,but I love pasta, potatoes and bread.

Β 

Wishing you well on the maintaining part of weight loss and to continue to be smoke free.

Edited by tbbtravels

notanlinesLiz: That is one gorgeous dress. Please post a picture of you wearing it when it arrives. That is lovely.

Β 

tbbtravels: I don't think I could have done it without the help of Myfitnesspal.com it is an amazing help. I am on maintainence for a year at 1350 calories per day. And lots and lots of gym time and swim time.

Β 

Thanks for the help with the bags. I have two Hawaiian formals with ruffles at the necklines, sleeves and hemline they look great but it is a lot of materiel. They are 100% cotton and I have free pressing so wrinkles won't matter. Just space.

Β 

Next question: Packing cubes - do they work? Do they really help?

Just had to share!!! i bought my first ever eBay dress (ebay anything lol!!) so excited can't wait to get it!!! Only $20 for a vintage all beaded dress!! It's soooo me I can't wait!!

Β 

This is beautiful! Very elegant and sophisticated and perfect for a formal night.

Edited by Scrapnana

kakalina: Wow! Your weight loss AND stopping smoking is a colossal achievement! icon14.gif icon14.gif

Β 

How lucky you are to have an Alterations Guru who can work magic to make clothes smaller.

Β 

sunndaygirl: I LOVE autumn colors (when not cruising;)) so your pumpkin loafers sound like a great buy to me. I bought an orange handbag recently and can't decide whether to use it now or save it for the Next Cruise...Ah heck, might as well bring it out for fall!

Β 

notanlinesLizz: Your beaded dress is beautiful. You will be looking good! Yes, please post a photo!

Β 

Since we're still going back and forth between the Lake House and Main House, I can't really get serious about trying on outfits...but I'm getting antsy...so spent a couple hours today organizing earrings, other jewelry by color and rearranging some of the clothes in the Cruise Room.

One thing for sure: I don't NEED anything new! The closet is tight:rolleyes:!

Β 

QUESTION: Do you ever take a brand new pair of shoes/sandals on a cruise or do you wear them a couple times to be sure of a good fit and comfort?

I was initially sceptical about packing cubes, but find them very useful for organizing, especially if the vacation is broken into segments. You can also lift a cube out of your suitcase and place it right in a drawer. This makes packing and unpacking a breeze.

Β 

I also keep a smaller cube with any clothing I would need to survive on a cruise if my luggage got lost, in my Carry-on. The Cube Keeps it from getting wrinkled and messed up when I root through the bag for meds or electronics.

Β 

Considering how few pairs of shoes I can take on a cruise, I would not waste space on a pair that might cause problems and prevent me from doing lots of fun things.

Β 

Men have it so easy when it comes to shoes. Sigh.

Β 

Β 

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Indiana71: I made that mistake exactly once. I bought some lovely sandals that seemed to fit well. I wore them for one day on the cruise and they raised such a blister on the top of my foot I had trouble with shoes the rest of the cruise.

Β 

I now wear shoes for a week or two before a cruise. It just isn't worth sore feet. I am also a hard shoe fit so it make more sense for me to do it this way. I have learned how lucky I am to have found my alterations guru. She is fabulous.

Β 

Went through my cruise clothes today. It is always such a challenge to decide what to bring and what to leave for another time. Of course my cruise basics always go it's the other things that are fun to play around with.

Indiana71: I usually like to wear new shoes a couple time before taking them on a cruise. Even flip flops because they can rub the side of my foot and cause blisters easily. For that reason I normally buy them a half size up!

Β 

I bought a pair of Teva sandals that have a little wedge heel about a week ago. I wore them around the house one evening and they felt fine. I try to wear shoes inside on the first walk through just in case I need to return them.

Indiana71: I usually like to wear new shoes a couple time before taking them on a cruise. Even flip flops because they can rub the side of my foot and cause blisters easily. For that reason I normally buy them a half size up!

Β 

I bought a pair of Teva sandals that have a little wedge heel about a week ago. I wore them around the house one evening and they felt fine. I try to wear shoes inside on the first walk through just in case I need to return them.

Β 

I love Teva saddles. I have a couple of pairs of them.

I am a fan of Pandora. On my bracelet I have the cruise ship charm. Today I was in WalMart and took a look at the Hallmark charms. I found a cute anchor charm, it is stainless steal and has lot of blue on it. It was $9. When I put it on my Pandora it really look good. My Pandora if full with Pandora charms so the odd Hallmark charm looks like it fits. In a way the anchor charm reminds me of the RCCL anchor. Here it is.

Β 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35174688

I bought the Teva wedges with sparkle on the strap, I may not take any other dress shoes! They're really comfortable too

Β 

Β 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Β 

Mine are just brown, but they will go with everything casual. I may just have to look for another pair with sparkles though if these work out!

The Hallmark is stainless steel. Maybe that would work.

Β 

Β 

Afraid to try, so many things that say stainless have some nickel in them 😞. I always told my DH I was expensive

Β 

Β 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jewelry and Shoes - CCFs Must Haves;)!

I should consider myself lucky that I can wear any kind of metal/jewelry. A friend of mine can only wear gold earrings and another is allergic to gold! Now awhfy - you can't wear silver!

Β 

I have a pair of tan wedges that are perfect for every day wear...took them on a cruise, and after walking several hours, developed blisters - kakalina - just like you did:mad:! Thank goodness for BandAids!

Once you have a comfy, good looking pair of shoes on a cruise - they stay on the spreadsheet!

Β 

Another QUESTION: Has anyone tried Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy nail polish ? (or any other easy to remove gels?) I would like to try it, but have several regular colors already...don't know if the gel would be better...

Thursday I wore sandals with my toes showing (needing a pedi, BTW)...and yesterday (Saturday), socks and clunky winter shoes and 2 sweater layers:confused:!

My mindset for warm weather kept me from remembering where the cold weather shoes were stashed!

Now, I have all the more reason to be counting the days till the Next Cruise:cool:!

Β 

Who's going on a cruise soon?? I want to live the Palm Tree Life through you...

I find one of the best things about cruising is that you can really enjoy dressing up! You have formal nights where you can really go all out in party dresses, in the day yiu can wear shirts and tops abd bikinis! And also you get the opportunity to wear lots of gear which you can't really wear back in suburbia!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜œ