FREE cruise notecard (says not timeshare)

happymoes

Got this in the mail today. Says good for 8 day/7 night from ANY port...Says not a timeshare on the card but states in small print that 90 min presentation is required...:(

Anybody take advantage of this?

We have to still pay for taxes and tips and what else?

Got this in the mail today. Says good for 8 day/7 night from ANY port...Says not a timeshare on the card but states in small print that 90 min presentation is required...:(

There are numerous threads on these types of "giveaways". Typically, you'll have to sit through some type of sales pitch. The cruise itself will have several restrictions, such as limited sail dates, possibly the lowest, least desirable category/cabin, etc. Quite honestly, your best bet is to just throw it away and don't give it a second thought.

My advice.........throw the card away!!!!

A couple weeks ago at the state fair my DS filled out a card for a free cruise. When they called, they told him (eventually) that there would be a 90 minute presentation for a travel club when he picked up the tickets that might be for a cruise (he might win something else, instead).

These come-ons happen all the time - time shares, vacation clubs, travel clubs...

I got the card as well and went to the presentation.

We went to the presentation and were the only two people there. It was for a Timeshare/Travel club. Same presentation that we have all seen numerous times. It was actually pretty sad as were the only two there so there was no way to build any hype. They boasted how great their cruise prices were and pulled up their website to show me.

I had them pull up the Conquest cruise that I was booked on and the price was $125 more per person for a similar room. The presenter said you would not find it anywhere cheaper, he guaranteed it. I pulled up the Carnival Website and there was silence.

They were true to their word an we were done in 88 minutes. The "head" sales guy said we should have been done in 30 as it was clear that we were not interested.

Here is the info on the award:

It is through Travel Select Rewards, Lake Havasu City, AZ, http://www.rewarsaelectioncenter.com. You are given a certificate for a 3-7 Night Cruise for 2 and a Bonus Award: Round Trip Airfare for 2, 3 day/2Night Getaway, 4 Night Mexico Accommodations or 7 Night All Suite Accommodations.

You can go online or mail the card in and they will send you the info.

It is the same old, Send them $100 and then they will let you pick some dates for which trip you want to take. You are responsible for the port charges of $179-310 per person. You have to submit 3 dates and they will tell you which one that you will get.

It does state in he fine print that you will receive the lowest inside cabin available.

What it does not tell you is which cruise line it will be one.

I did some research on the intranet and it tells of many horror stories of this and similar companies. One thing that they are consistent about is that they are not affiliated with the timeshare and what you were told in your presentation may not be what you were offered.

Yes, it's a scam, and I know it. No, I am not going to send them any $$. I thought that I would just go along for the ride for a while to see where it went.

I asked a question in the presentation that stumped them all. If this is such a great deal, then why are you using an outside company to give away the prize?

I don't think I will be asked back to play again.

Edited by nydney1
More comments

Mat not be a timeshare, but it probably will be a vacation club of some sort. If you have to pay in advance, walk the other way. 99% a scam.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Yep. Probably a Vacation Club where they get you to sign up for $4995.00 and $1200 per year to get "deals" on Vacations to their "exclusive" resorts, where you will pay only $299 per night plus airfare and it has to be booked through their travel club in order to get the discounted rate.

In other words, it is a time share without actually being a time share.

This seems to be the big scam nowadays.

A couple weeks ago at the state fair my DS filled out a card for a free cruise.

Yep. Probably a Vacation Club where they get you to sign up for $4995.00 and $1200 per year to get "deals" on Vacations to their "exclusive" resorts, where you will pay only $299 per night plus airfare and it has to be booked through their travel club in order to get the discounted rate.

In other words, it is a time share without actually being a time share.

This seems to be the big scam nowadays.

That is pretty much the deal we were offered.

Those usually come with port fees-including your embark port totaling hundreds of dollars in addition to other fees and what profit they make from selling your credit card numbers to their partners in crime.