50% off beverage package question

i noticed that there is a sale on the beverage package offerings, buy one get one 50% off. It says my price is $47 which sounds good, but would it be cheaper if i would have booked both adults in the same room? Right not we have 2 rooms, one adult, one child in each so if i was to put the two adults in the same room, would the deluxe package be less than $47 with that offer? I think we can put the kids in one room and the adults in the other because they are adjoining rooms.

thanks

The $47 reflects the 50% off.

Hmm, my math is a bit rusty, but last week the price was $55 pre sale so that would make the following assumption. Not a huge price difference, but fuzzy math none the less...

Adults in same cabin

Full Price 50% off Total 7 day

$55.00 $27.50 $577.50

Adults in different cabins

50% off 50% off Total

$47.00 $47.00 $658.00

Hmm, my math is a bit rusty, but last week the price was $55 pre sale so that would make the following assumption. Not a huge price difference, but fuzzy math none the less...

Adults in same cabin

Full Price 50% off Total 7 day

$55.00 $27.50 $577.50

Adults in different cabins

50% off 50% off Total

$47.00 $47.00 $658.00

Pay no attention to whatever "percentage off" is advertised, the numbers rarely make any sense. Just look at the bottom line cost.

Was considering it for my next cruise. But I just don't think I would ever drink $577 worth of drinks.

Normally, i would tend to agree, but it also covers non alcoholic beverages. ie bottled water, which we will drink a lot of. So a couple drinks, couple bottle waters and we get there pretty quick.

thanks

At $12 for an alcoholic drink, you would have to have 6.8 drinks a day to break even. But like other poster states it includes much more. Namely i can go thru alot of bottled water. I personally like the convenience of not having a bill at the end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was also looking at this for our upcoming cruise. When I did a false purchase it showed 25% off both passengers on the BOGO 50% which is the same as 50% off one so it was $315 per passenger. Then they added $113.40 as a service charge to get a total of $743.40 for the both of us.

Does anyone believe they might go lower then this if purchase before cruise or should we wait till we get onboard. Thanks.

At $12 for an alcoholic drink, you would have to have 6.8 drinks a day to break even. But like other poster states it includes much more. Namely i can go thru alot of bottled water. I personally like the convenience of not having a bill at the end

At normal price, but at $47, its about 4 drinks per day so pretty good deal.

I was also looking at this for our upcoming cruise. When I did a false purchase it showed 25% off both passengers on the BOGO 50% which is the same as 50% off one so it was $315 per passenger. Then they added $113.40 as a service charge to get a total of $743.40 for the both of us.

Does anyone believe they might go lower then this if purchase before cruise or should we wait till we get onboard. Thanks.

You will not see it lower on board.

If it drops more before your cruise just cancel and rebook at the lower price.

You will not see it lower on board.

If it drops more before your cruise just cancel and rebook at the lower price.

That's a good idea. I never thought about cancelling if the price goes lower. Does the refund hit our account right away, so I can rebook right away at the lower price.

I do that all the time with car rentals, but I don't fork out any money ahead of time. Thanks again.

That's a good idea. I never thought about cancelling if the price goes lower. Does the refund hit our account right away, so I can rebook right away at the lower price.

I do that all the time with car rentals, but I don't fork out any money ahead of time. Thanks again.

If you pay with OBC, the refund appears immediately. If you pay with credit card, the refund could take 5-10 business days.

If you pay with OBC, the refund appears immediately. If you pay with credit card, the refund could take 5-10 business days.

I only have $100 OBC. This is our 5th RCCL cruise and have never done the drink package before. We are looking into it for this cruise since there will be 3 sea days and a day on their private island. In your experience have you ever seen RCCL to have a better offer then BOGO 50%? Not sure what to do, Should I purchase now or should I wait? Our cruise is the beginning of April.

I only have $100 OBC. This is our 5th RCCL cruise and have never done the drink package before. We are looking into it for this cruise since there will be 3 sea days and a day on their private island. In your experience have you ever seen RCCL to have a better offer then BOGO 50%? Not sure what to do, Should I purchase now or should I wait? Our cruise is the beginning of April.

I would ignore whatever fake sale name or fake percentage off you see and just go by the bottom line price. I'd purchase now and if you see a better price, cancel and reorder.

I would ignore whatever fake sale name or fake percentage off you see and just go by the bottom line price. I'd purchase now and if you see a better price, cancel and reorder.

Thanks, it comes in at $45 a day not including the service charge. I feel that's a fairly good price and with so many sea days I believe it will be a good deal. Thanks again and have a great day.

Thanks, it comes in at $45 a day not including the service charge. I feel that's a fairly good price and with so many sea days I believe it will be a good deal. Thanks again and have a great day.

You're very welcome.

Normally, i would tend to agree, but it also covers non alcoholic beverages. ie bottled water, which we will drink a lot of. So a couple drinks, couple bottle waters and we get there pretty quick.

thanks

And speciality coffee!!!! Don't forget the good coffee!!

That's a buy one get one 50% startig price of $60. Annoying that they are so false about the pricing. I believe $60 is the daily price for one if purchases on board. If advertising online then the starting point should be the online price.

We are on a 9 day on the Anthem - WOW - Deluxe drink package total for 2 is $955! Issue is I only want 1 package and RCCL said I can buy 1 deluxe package but the other adult in the cabin must buy the refresh drink package, which he does not want. He's a water drinker period. Not liking the "new" rules at all.

thanks

I forgot to take into consideration this would be for a 7 night cruise. So I do agree it is a good idea.

Where are you seeing the BOGO 50% off? I just went to our booking and it’s regular price. How is it billed with 3 people in a cabin?

It is on the internet page to sign up for shore excursions, merchandise, drink packages, etc. My guess is it isnt across all cruises, but i could be very wrong about that. Our cruise is on oasis aug 12 this year.

Thanks everyone for the reply's on this. I have since read quite a few other posts about the drink packages, and although it may or may not be a huge cost savings in the end, it will sure be nice not to have to worry about our bar tab throughout the cruise and get the big surprise on the last day... And give us a chance to try some other drinks that we may not have ordered if we were paying by the glass.

thanks again

Where are you seeing the BOGO 50% off? I just went to our booking and it’s regular price. How is it billed with 3 people in a cabin?

They were having this sale when I booked my single drink package. It discounted me 25% even though I only bought one package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the sale on the beverage package just for your particular sailing? Were you notified by email?

I sail in Nov but want to keep my eyes open for sales on the beverage packages, shore excursions, etc. :)

I have never sailed with RCL before. Thanks!