Anyone just back from the Spirit?

NJLVW

Would love to hear your thoughts on the ship. I know it was the first cruise again from Port Canaveral so was wondering how it went. How was the ship? The crew? How did it work out for those with the UDP vs SDP? I have the UDP was there anything you could not get? Any new reviews? Yes I want it all!!! Anything would be great to know if the ship was enjoyable.

Thank you in advance,

Norma

Would love to hear your thoughts on the ship. I know it was the first cruise again from Port Canaveral so was wondering how it went. How was the ship? The crew? How did it work out for those with the UDP vs SDP? I have the UDP was there anything you could not get? Any new reviews? Yes I want it all!!! Anything would be great to know if the ship was enjoyable.

Thank you in advance,

Norma

Haven't seen too many reports from the Spirit - we are going in less than two weeks. We don't have any of the plans but if you have any other questions, let us know. We can give you an overall idea about lines and waits.

Haven't seen too many reports from the Spirit - we are going in less than two weeks. We don't have any of the plans but if you have any other questions, let us know. We can give you an overall idea about lines and waits.

Any info would be appreciated. If there is a way to find out who the concierge & butlers will be that would be great. We do not go until April and it is probably a bit early to find that out now but...if you can thanx!

If anyone has any pictures of the fwd corner suite I would love to see pictures as well. I know I am asking alot but it sure helps the time pass when I can spend time reading all this info until my time is here.

Again much thanx...

Norma

.Any info would be appreciated. If there is a way to find out who the concierge & butlers will be that would be great. We do not go until April and it is probably a bit early to find that out now but...if you can thanx!

If anyone has any pictures of the fwd corner suite I would love to see pictures as well. I know I am asking alot but it sure helps the time pass when I can spend time reading all this info until my time is here.

Again much thanx...

Norma

Not sure if you have seen these, we will be in this suite in 2 weeks, not sure how old the pics are but gives an idea, wish I knew who the butler was, I heard Florentina is the concierge.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Mark%20Mauno&ship=Norwegian%20Spirit

We just got off yesterday (11/28/15). Our room was nice (balcony on deck 9) and kept clean. The food was average cruise cuisine nothing great and not horrible. Cagney's was excellent. The big complaint was every supper took over 2 hours some as long as 2 1/2. Early dining started at 5:30 and the early show started at 7:30. we were late to the show every night in spite of being one of the first groups to sit down at 5:30. The next issue was tendering in St. Thomas, if you booked a private excursion (other than through NCL) you most likely missed it. The last complaint would be only 1 towel animal in 7 days, my son loves the towel animals and this left him disappointed. Entertainment was cruise average as well. We still had a great time and will cruise NCL again.

The next issue was tendering in St. Thomas, if you booked a private excursion (other than through NCL) you most likely missed it.

Tendering in STT? How many ships were in port? I haven't heard of anyone tendering there in a long time. Maybe time of year? Curious!

Tendering in STT? How many ships were in port? I haven't heard of anyone tendering there in a long time. Maybe time of year? Curious!

MSC Divina, NCL Escape, Carnival Valor, We were the only ship to Tender. They used the Spirits life boats 5 of them to be exact. They dropped us off along a seawall about 1/2 a mile from the main port.

We just got off yesterday (11/28/15). Our room was nice (balcony on deck 9) and kept clean. The food was average cruise cuisine nothing great and not horrible. Cagney's was excellent. The big complaint was every supper took over 2 hours some as long as 2 1/2. Early dining started at 5:30 and the early show started at 7:30. we were late to the show every night in spite of being one of the first groups to sit down at 5:30. The next issue was tendering in St. Thomas, if you booked a private excursion (other than through NCL) you most likely missed it. The last complaint would be only 1 towel animal in 7 days, my son loves the towel animals and this left him disappointed. Entertainment was cruise average as well. We still had a great time and will cruise NCL again.

We cruised together, but our steward left us 6 towel animals. We were in 9686, a balcony cabin the aft area. We only did one show and we only ate in the MDR twice, but neither time were we in there for over an hour and half. We must have gotten lucky with our waiter both times. We did eat in LeBistro and hubby did select the upcharged lobster for his entree. He was very disappointed in it as he said it was very chewy, as it was over done. We did have Cagney's also one night, which we both enjoyed.

I know the shuttle bus dropped us off at the port almost 1:00 PM on embarkment day, but we didn't step foot onto the ship until after 3 PM and had to report to the safety drill immediately. We didn't get anything to eat until dinner.

This was the first cruise for my husband and I and we loved it! Yes, there might have been minor annoyances, but they in no way altered our vacation. We loved it, even though I came home with a head/chest cold that acts like it's going to go into bronchitis.

Not sure if you have seen these, we will be in this suite in 2 weeks, not sure how old the pics are but gives an idea, wish I knew who the butler was, I heard Florentina is the concierge.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Mark%20Mauno&ship=Norwegian%20Spirit

I had not seen these. Thank you. I do believe this is my room. :D please be sure to take care of it for me. lol

We still have a few months so keep the info coming.

Norma

Edited by NJLVW

We cruised together, but our steward left us 6 towel animals. We were in 9686, a balcony cabin the aft area. We only did one show and we only ate in the MDR twice, but neither time were we in there for over an hour and half. We must have gotten lucky with our waiter both times. We did eat in LeBistro and hubby did select the upcharged lobster for his entree. He was very disappointed in it as he said it was very chewy, as it was over done. We did have Cagney's also one night, which we both enjoyed.

I know the shuttle bus dropped us off at the port almost 1:00 PM on embarkment day, but we didn't step foot onto the ship until after 3 PM and had to report to the safety drill immediately. We didn't get anything to eat until dinner.

This was the first cruise for my husband and I and we loved it! Yes, there might have been minor annoyances, but they in no way altered our vacation. We loved it, even though I came home with a head/chest cold that acts like it's going to go into bronchitis.

They said they had computer issues which slowed down embarkation, we barely set our stuff in the room and they called the muster drill. What time did you dine? We did see on numerous occasions people arrive after us at dinner and leave before us. The best show was the Elements show on the last day. You may have seen us around, the first day my son was showing everybody his toy helicopter...lol

They said they had computer issues which slowed down embarkation, we barely set our stuff in the room and they called the muster drill. What time did you dine? We did see on numerous occasions people arrive after us at dinner and leave before us. The best show was the Elements show on the last day. You may have seen us around, the first day my son was showing everybody his toy helicopter...lol

Debbie-

Was the balcony room bathroom that small? :)

We didn't see Elements. We thought about it, but as I suffer from Fibromyalgia and on Friday I began the beginning of this cold, I was worn out. That evening we went to Cagney's and then sat at Champaign Charlies for a little bit before heading back to the room. The two times we dined at in th MDR, we arrived about 6 PM. Sadly, I don't think I saw your son and his helicopter the first day.

MSC Divina, NCL Escape, Carnival Valor, We were the only ship to Tender. They used the Spirits life boats 5 of them to be exact. They dropped us off along a seawall about 1/2 a mile from the main port.

Oh great..........we'll be in port with 4 other ships on Dec 8th............guess we're tendering..........oh well,may be a good ship day.

Which terminal did you use in PC?

Did you have a coffee maker in your cabin?? If so,did it use the 4 cup pods??

Thanks

Debbie-

Was the balcony room bathroom that small? :)

Well I'm a bigger woman, and I have bruises on my legs that I have no idea how I got them! The one thing I really disliked was the toilet area of the bathroom. The shower area was fine, but not the toilet area. This picture doesn't do justice to how small the area is, but it's the best I could do.

23107399840_d79fa021b5_z.jpg

Oh great..........we'll be in port with 4 other ships on Dec 8th............guess we're tendering..........oh well,may be a good ship day.

Which terminal did you use in PC?

Did you have a coffee maker in your cabin?? If so,did it use the 4 cup pods??

Thanks

Cruise Terminal 1 which was confusing because the paperwork said 5. The signs at the port pointed us the correct way. There was a coffee maker there but I never paid it much attention so I can not help you there.

We were on the Spirit for 28 days (just got off on Nov. 212st). We found the crew on the ship to be the most friendly and outgoing of all the cruises we have taken (and we have over 200 cruising days). We loved the ship and our only complaint was that it was cold in many areas like the Theatre and some other venues. Need a shawl or sweater for most locations.

We enjoyed the variety of food served in the dining room and the service was usually very good. The buffet area can be congested sometimes but the selection is quite varied.

Our bathroom was bigger than the one that is pictured (we were in cabin 4479 and it was extremely large at 281 square feet. The coffee pots in some of the suites had the smaller pods that would make 2 cups of coffee.

If you have other questions I will try to answer them. I did a cabin crawl and saw some of the balcony cabins and suites and don't remember seeing a small toilet area like the one pictured.

]

BTW - we did not tender in St. Thomas. I am sure you will enjoy the NCL Spirit. We would cruise on that ship again anytime.

Wendy

I see you have posted on our roll call but I hope it's just that your countdown clock is set incorrectly as it says you are getting on in 13 days but we will be embarking in 12 days on 12/12.:eek:

I see you have posted on our roll call but I hope it's just that your countdown clock is set incorrectly as it says you are getting on in 13 days but we will be embarking in 12 days on 12/12.:eek:

He/she posted yesterday so it would be 13 days till Dec 12th........I have 5 days left till I leave on Dec 5th....so as of today,you have 12 days left......the cruise critic countdown is always off a few hours,which sometimes makes it a day off.....