How can you add a perk after booking?

JAMESCC

Ok, we booked last summer for this October on Breakaway. Our first NCL cruise and we are excited. Anyway at the time of booking it was one of those deals we see on the commercials so we chose the free beverage package. Now after seeing the commercials for two free deals a million times I went on to see if it was offered for our cruise and is sure enough is. I'd like to add the free internet to go with the beverage package. Question is how or can we do this? Do we have to cancel and rebook? We love our cabin so we are not chancing losing it. We have not made final payment yet either. Thanks for any help in advance.

Ok, we booked last summer for this October on Breakaway. Our first NCL cruise and we are excited. Anyway at the time of booking it was one of those deals we see on the commercials so we chose the free beverage package. Now after seeing the commercials for two free deals a million times I went on to see if it was offered for our cruise and is sure enough is. I'd like to add the free internet to go with the beverage package. Question is how or can we do this? Do we have to cancel and rebook? We love our cabin so we are not chancing losing it. We have not made final payment yet either. Thanks for any help in advance.

It depends if you used a TA or booked direct. If you booked with a TA you will need to contact them. If you booked direct you will need to call NCL. It is highly likely that you will have to cancel and rebook at the current rates to get the extra perk so make sure that is worth it to you. I have read on some rare instances that they will honor your previous rate, but I think that is the exception and far from the rule.

It depends if you used a TA or booked direct. If you booked with a TA you will need to contact them. If you booked direct you will need to call NCL. It is highly likely that you will have to cancel and rebook at the current rates to get the extra perk so make sure that is worth it to you. I have read on some rare instances that they will honor your previous rate, but I think that is the exception and far from the rule.

Booked through NCL. I did not think about rates changing. They should make it easier to add a perk like this. They are offering it, they came with the idea, don't shy away from it. Offer it or don't.

Booked through NCL. I did not think about rates changing. They should make it easier to add a perk like this. They are offering it, they came with the idea, don't shy away from it. Offer it or don't.

They change the "perks offered" to get new bookings.

Mike

The terms and conditions say the promos and perks are for new bookings only. We're lucky that they are usually happy to apply the new promo to existing reservations without much hesitation. And...of course the rate can change. And if you want the new promo, you'll pay the new rate, too. Can't have your cake and eat it too, you know.

Edited by triptolemus

Since you have not made final payment you should be able to add the extra promo with no problem. In fact I just did this last night, not only do I now have UBP and free wifi, I just saved over $700 off my cruise price!

You need to call fast because the promo ends tonight. Good luck!

Since you have not made final payment you should be able to add the extra promo with no problem. In fact I just did this last night, not only do I now have UBP and free wifi, I just saved over $700 off my cruise price!

You need to call fast because the promo ends tonight. Good luck!

I'm guessing here, but I have a feeling the OP's cruise price has gone up. Otherwise, they would just cancel and rebook with 2 perks AND a lower price. It sounds like they are wanting to keep their older lower price and get the new extra perk.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

There's a small chance that your cruise fare has not increased or only increased a small amount making it worth it to pay today's price and get the extra perk.

Ncl is not the only line that is always offering new perks to fill a ship. All lines do it, even the preimum and luxury brands. Prices are always changing and as the ship fills expect less perk offers on the sailing. If a particular sailing is not selling well expect price drops.

It's very easy to get the extra perk added when outside final payment even if it means cancel and rebook. When pick two promo came out in November, 2015 I called NCL and they just added additional perk. Same booking number and cabin. But price had not increased when I did it.

I've also had to cancel and rebook in the past when price had changed. Very simple process and kept my cabin number.

Edited by littlelulu01

Thanks for the help, it sounds too complicated and a pain. We have the UBP but could really use the internet package as well with a 3 year old that loves his kiddie videos on you tube.

What do you guys suggest to keep a 3 year old happy when they love their videos? What can we do for that? Can we get a tablet preloaded with kids videos? Also please for those of you tempted to criticize or call us bad parents because we allow our son to watch videos. Spare those comments because I don't care, only constructive help please. I know this forum all too well, and I know plenty of people like this on here. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the help, it sounds too complicated and a pain. We have the UBP but could really use the internet package as well with a 3 year old that loves his kiddie videos on you tube.

What do you guys suggest to keep a 3 year old happy when they love their videos? What can we do for that? Can we get a tablet preloaded with kids videos? Also please for those of you tempted to criticize or call us bad parents because we allow our son to watch videos. Spare those comments because I don't care, only constructive help please. I know this forum all too well, and I know plenty of people like this on here. Thanks in advance.

No judgment we do the same thing with our kids on road trips. He is my suggestion for what we do. My kindle accepts a 128gb memory card. We are prime members which allows you to download prime movies for a 48 hour period after your first viewing for free. Knowing you will not have internet you will want to download a number of the prime videos. Don't let your 3 year old open every one on the first day because the 48 hours starts after you view the video for the first time. 128gb is a lot of prime movies so we can usually stretch it over a week plus period.

It's not complicated. Call them up, and ask if the current fare is higher or lower than yours, and then decide.

I don't know if the Internet is fast enough for streaming video.

Depends on the ship I think and its location, by my experience just trying to load the NCL website (free) on my last cruise would confirm this thought on streaming video. It is way to slow!!!

Depends on the ship I think and its location, by my experience just trying to load the NCL website (free) on my last cruise would confirm this thought on streaming video. It is way to slow!!!

That's true, cruise ship internet is very slow. I just hadn't thought of that till you guys reminded me of that fact. We bought him a Amazon kids Kindle and it has tons of preloaded programs that do not need internet, but he isn't into it much. A little to young for it I guess. We'll have to somehow get him into it by October.

Depends on the ship I think and its location...

Depends on the ship yes, on the location generally no.

Breakaway is the only ship in the fleet with new, faster satellite hardware and that is the reason why the billing on her is megabyte based instead of time. Other ships have much slower connections, not suitable for streaming.

What comes to location, as long as the ship is not on any special itinerary (like a reposition from North America to Australia or South America to Africa), the satellite coverage is the same everywhere.

The geostationary satellites are positioned to cover all major commercial shipping routes (including all Caribbean) and when the distance to a satellite is 20000+ miles anyway, even several hundred miles' difference in ship's position does not make any noticable difference.