How much more would you be willing to pay to sail on Edge?

Tapi

Everyone's tastes vary, the only time I'm willing to pay a premium is when the itinerary is something that's not readily available, I'd like to try an edge class ship when it's been in service for a year or so, maybe on a TA.

Hoping they'll keep her in Europe for a longer season once she gets established. Nothing like a TA combined with Christmas markets.

You can't take your money with you, so if you book the first 30 minutes and get a great price, why not get the cabin you want? It is all about opportunity cost and choice. I want the experience of a new, clean ship! Also, the inaugural falls over my anniversary and my DH thinks that is special. I love the element of risk and the timing. However, the Caribbean is not special to me at all. After all, the cruise will be what you make it....I am referring to a suite class cabin of choice and what I feel is good pricing. If the first cruise does not wow me at all, I will cancel the second if I hate it that much. We are cruising with friends on the second cruise...price is very important to me, so I book right away. For 2020, an S! corner aft on the Eclipse is 8,500 pp for South America in January. I booked the Edge for over 6,000 less! Even RT from LA to Hawaii is more than I paid for the Edge TA...Some of us have to let the rest of you know about the ship/cabins etc...that is the risk factor! Someone has gotta do it.

Edited by Lastdance

You can't take your money with you, so if you book the first 30 minutes and get a great price, why not get the cabin you want? It is all about opportunity cost and choice. I want the experience of a new, clean ship! Also, the inaugural falls over my anniversary and my DH thinks that is special. I love the element of risk and the timing. However, the Caribbean is not special to me at all. After all, the cruise will be what you make it....I am referring to a suite class cabin of choice and what I feel is good pricing.

Some of us have to let the rest of you know about the ship/cabins etc...that is the risk factor! Someone has gotta do it.

First of all congratulations on your anniversary! A great way to celebrate!

I remember doing a live post from a RS on the Equinox the first cruise the ‘suite life’ was fully in place and reporting on Luminae, Michael’s, bar set up, free laundry....It was exciting to be part of ‘the first run’. We went expecting a few glitches and there were but they didn’t spoil our overall experience.

I, for one, will be following your reports....Questions on room sizes and facilities, the suite lounge and restaurant, how busy the pool area is....will be flowing. You are indeed offering us all a great service!

Have a great cruise!

I checked on 2 Caribbean cruises, both Western cruises. 1st is Silhouette March 2018: The cost for a S2 is $2999 pp. I checked the price today on Celebrity's website. 2nd is Edge March 2019: We booked this cruise March 2017 and have a S1 booked for $2999 pp. We had 1st cruise booked as a b2b. After the hurricanes the Caribbean we canceled our b2b and booked a 14 night cruise in Asia on Millie. Yes I would pay more for the Edge maybe $500 pp for a Sky Suite.

We looked at the Edge and Silhouette pricing for the 2019 Spring TA and ended up booking Oceania Marina, with all 3 arriving at Southampton. We do not want to pay more for the Edge over Silhouette but we are willing to pay more to cruise on the Marina. The O NY-Southampton has lots of new ports over X's itinerary. It is more about value and less about cost.