What are the AFT CC cabins like on M-Class

flagger

We are looking to book our January 2006 cruise while on board in over a week. I am looking at an M-Class ship and from the Celebrity website it shows that three AFT CCs are available on the Sky Deck, and two on the Panorama. None of the FV's are available on that sailing. The cabins look a little wider but not as long as the ones on the port or starboard side. We had #9125 on Infinity on our first cruise and found the cabin size just adequate for our needs, but would love the bigger balcony an AFT cabin is said to offer.

I was thinking being between two PAX decks on Panorama might be more enjoyable as we wouldn't have the Ocean Grill outdoor deck right above our heads, but come sailing time if those are the only ones available we might consider it.

Does anyone with experience with an AFT (now CC class) cabin have any thoughts?

TIA and happy holidays.

Hi Flagger,

The cabin itself is the same size as a regular CC cabin but the balconies are huge. I would definitely go for the Panorama deck if possible. Sky deck is OK if none of the others are available, but you do have some insulation being between passenger decks. These are great cabins if you can't get an FV.:)

When we were on the Infinity cruise to Hawaii, we grabbed 3 of the aft CC staterooms on the Vista Deck (7) on the 1/8/06 Millenium cruise. Getting those for $110 more than the cheapest veranda stateroom made that a quick and easy decision.

Great itinerary, too.

Art

Thanks for everyone for their advice. We will just wait to book for the shipboard credit once on board next week. Hopefully the AFT cabins will still be there.

I just got a holiday $25 off coupon from my TA and she always sends out another $25 off coupon once we get back, and has better deals being a key holder account, so I will definitely be transferring the booking.

TRUST ME.......you dont want deck 9.....been there done that!!!!!!! They did issue us a credit after we B#$%$& and moaned b/c we got NO SLEEP for our "vacation wk". So DO NOT get on Sky Deck on the Mclass ships!!!!! Love it on the Cclass ships!!!!

TRUST ME.......you dont want deck 9.....been there done that!!!!!!! They did issue us a credit after we B#$%$& and moaned b/c we got NO SLEEP for our "vacation wk". So DO NOT get on Sky Deck on the Mclass ships!!!!! Love it on the Cclass ships!!!!
Hmmm...I loved the sky deck in #9125 on Infinity. We were under the cut out of the "bubbles" from the OceanView Cafe above. It was great to run upstairs to grab a quick burger. I never heard a peep upstairs, though my wife who awoke a couple times before me did hear a few things moving around in the morning.

We have stayed in M class aft cabins on decks 7, 8, and 9.:) We prefer deck 7 because you're in between two passenger decks and it tends to be more quiet. Deck 8 is a real close second. We did hear noise from above when we were on deck 9. It starts early in the morning when tables and chairs are being set up for breakfast. Keep in mind this is a teak wood deck, so the sound of chairs being moved is louder than other deck 9 locations. We too have had CC cabins along the side of the ship, and did not hear any noise from above. At night we also heard the singer/guitar player in the aft bar when we left our balcony door open. Now having said that, I have to admit that none of the noise we experienced on deck 9 ruined our vacation or distured our sleep. And, we actually enjoyed sitting out on our balcony at night listening to the music. But, if you or those with you are light sleepers, or will be bothered by chair scraping, I would suggest you look at decks 7 and 8. :D

Good luck with your choice, and let us know what you decide. We too booked a February 2006 cruise last month while aboard Century. Not all aft cabins were available, so I hope you find good availability for your ship and sail date. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Oh, and to answer your question about airports....FLL is by far the more passenger friendly of the two. But, I would not select a cruise based on Miami or Fort Lauderdale as the port of embarkation.

There is definitely more motion aft than midship, but it would be pretty hard to quantify. We just got off a 15 day San Diego-Hawaii in an aft cabin, and the sailing was particularly rough on the way over. We like motion so it was not a problem for us, but things were flying around the our cabin quite a bit. Was true for much of the ship. If you really have a problem with motion it's probably not a good choice.

A question for those who've done aft deck 7 and aft deck 8. (Ma Bell?) Why do some of you say 7 is better? I loved deck 7 but the sailing we want only has afts on 8 available....is it just that it is quieter? Balcony the same etc?

Feel badly asking this question reflecting on the souls in Indonesia, India etc and the aftermath of the tsunmai. So many of our servers onboard Infinity just last week were from cities affected by the tsunami. Our stateroom attendant had an injury while we were onboard and was being sent home- he was from Madras. I am hoping our country provides more assistance than it has already pledged.

:) I personally like deck 8. The question the poster had was which deck would have more sun exposure and deck 7 has a little more uncovered space because the balcony is a little longer. The difference is negligable, but there is a little more uncovered space for sunbathing.

We had 8170 aft on the Dec 6th sailing. Awesome balcony. It had 4 padded lounge chairs,a small table and 2 reg chairs. At certain times able to get sun but we did not lay out too long because not enough air movement for us. Noise was minimal. We enjoyed gituar singer from deck 10 in the evenings we had to sit out by rail to hear. We did not notice any more movement than when we had room midship. The seas were fairly calm however. We liked the aft room somuch booked it for Milli 2006.

Cindy

We were on the Connie this summer to British Isles and Nor Fjords in aft cabin on Sky deck and found it to be great. We did not have noise from above. We liked it so much we are booked into same cabin on the Millineum in Aug from Venice to Barcellona

Archived