Glory 4J

sailaway4

I have searched and can't find this info.Wondering about the Glory's 4J catagories.Says they have a window with obstructed views and they are all the way forward.Looks like a walkway or something outside the cabins in front.Anyone been in one or have pics?

Thanks all!!

I have searched and can't find this info.Wondering about the Glory's 4J catagories.Says they have a window with obstructed views and they are all the way forward.Looks like a walkway or something outside the cabins in front.Anyone been in one or have pics?

Thanks all!!

No pics and have not been in one but the walkway you are talking about it a deck that others (if they find the door) can go out on and see in your window.

I lost all my pictures too when I reformatted. They used to be 6Bs, and since the wall in front of the window pretty much blocks all the ocean view (very obstructed), they changed them to inside category. You can see some ocean maybe if you are tall enough to see over the wall, but can see the sky for sure, and if its raining or sunny at least.

Yes, it is a public deck, and my experience was the door out there can slam and you can hear it .. but a great location.

These pictures are of Carnival Splendor 7203. And the deck in front. this is what the decks look like. My cabin was below the bridge:

933436068307_0_ALB.jpg

163616068307_0_ALB.jpg

This is my window, you can just see my doll Essie sitting in it:

663616068307_0_ALB.jpg

304016068307_0_ALB.jpg

983016068307_0_ALB.jpg

Be aware that the odd shaped cabins on the ends are usually HC accessible. It's a lovely place to be when coming into port, but when you are underway it is very windy. There shouldn't be people out there at night because if you are underway, there is nothing to see, and it will be quite windy. EM

• 4 months later...
Looks nice but we were scared of being so far forward.I would not hesitate to book it but afraid of it being rougher up there.Went with a balcony instead.

The forward motion scares me too...but I took the chance and booked a 4J on our Back to Back cruise on the Carnival Destiny. I could not pass up the price on a "inside" that had a window and we can go out the side doors and see the ocean. I am an Aft kinda gal, but we shall see!

My sister and I booked cabin 1003 on the Glory Panorama Deck back in April on a Western Cruise. We loved this room and hope to find similar bookings on future cruises!!!! The obstructed view is a solid railing, but you have sunshine and horizon from your window. When you go out on the deck, you absolutely can see the water. I am 5'3" and the railing was up to my chest area. The cabin is on the corner of the bow, over the bridge and is huge by cabin standards. We felt like we were in a hotel room. It apparently was handicapped but not billed as such, or we never would have taken it, wouldn't want to take it from someone who needed it, and, if we did get upgraded, would have been disappointed that the new room wouldn't have been like this one. It was a little windy when moving, but certainly nothing to worry about. Having an almost deserted deck to yourselves when coming into and going out of port was really nice. Try it!!!

• 8 months later...
The forward motion scares me too...but I took the chance and booked a 4J on our Back to Back cruise on the Carnival Destiny. I could not pass up the price on a "inside" that had a window and we can go out the side doors and see the ocean. I am an Aft kinda gal, but we shall see!

How did you like the 6205 4 J cabin. I'm thinking of booking it for a June cruise

Pros?-

Cons?

How did you like the 6205 4 J cabin. I'm thinking of booking it for a June cruise

Pros?-

Cons?

I had cabin 7102 a 4j on the Destiny. We loved it. I will always book these cabins if available on the ship. The space in front was great. No seasickness. Loved loved the cabin.

Only con was the aft dining room was really far. But we justwalked down our hallwayto the last big set of stairs. No problem.

I had cabin 7102 a 4j on the Destiny. We loved it. I will always book these cabins if available on the ship. The space in front was great. No seasickness. Loved loved the cabin.

Only con was the aft dining room was really far. But we justwalked down our hallwayto the last big set of stairs. No problem.

Great, thanks. I'm a walker and don't mind walking off all the food I eat on a cruise. LOL I usually tend to do at least a full set up stairs up/down each day anyway.

I was more interested in the different shaped room set up and location regarding movement on the water. So far everything I read does not seem to reflect any problems.

Great, thanks. I'm a walker and don't mind walking off all the food I eat on a cruise. LOL I usually tend to do at least a full set up stairs up/down each day anyway.

I was more interested in the different shaped room set up and location regarding movement on the water. So far everything I read does not seem to reflect any problems.

I had no motion problems at all. I did feel some motion one night when it was raining but it did not bother me at all

I was in room 9201 in March on the Glory. I love the room location, but the door was kept locked when we got on the ship. After may complaints from the cabins up front, the doors was unlock for 3 day's, then locked again when kids kept running in an out slamming the doors. When I asked what they were doing I was told a scavenger hunt for Camp Carnival.. shame on them for sending kids out there. The door was unlocked the entire time one the Liberty.

But regardless, I love the rooms in up front of the ship. 9201 is a HC room, hubby is HC. It's convenient to be close to the activities on the Lido deck, and the theater is just straight down the elevators. Unfortunately the dinning was on the other end of the ship.

Archived