Norwegian Sun, want Aft-Facing Balcony but concerned about connecting door

sfBRAD

There is an aft- facing balcony (B1) available on the cruise I want to take (Baltic), but it has a connecting door to the suite next door.

I'm not super sensitive to noise, but would hate to hear my neighbors all the time (which probably means I shouldn't take it!).

Anyone with any experience in this room and if you could hear your neighbors through that door? 9077, 9277 are the 2 available.

Thanks!

We had 9077 on our 'round the horn trip last year and loved it. Neither Mike nor I are particularly sensative to noise either but I don't recall hearing anything through the door. Of course the fact that we usually had the door to the balcony open so we could hear the wake may have something to do with it!

We did have a big laugh when the folks in the suite hung their unmentionables on their big balcony to dry....but otherwise we had no issues with our neighbors.

You might want to keep an eye on the minisuite on the otherside. They are great rooms - huge room, great bathroom and incredible balcony. We keep hoping to be able to snag one for a good price but so far haven't been able to.

D.W. and I were in 9077 for a week and only once we heard muffled voice's. We did hear our neighbors on another ship with no connecting door.I think they were just very loud people.

9077 was a great cabin. We had our P.C.C. put a NO-UPGRADE note on our reservation as we did not want to be moved from this cabin that was a BD cat as I felt a BB or BA cat would be a Downgrade. J.M.O.

Edited by biker@sea

Thanks for the responses so far.

A little off my main question here, but would you take 9077 over a mini suite? The aft mini suites are booked, so it would be a regular mini suite in decj 11 with a regular sized deck.

I am assuming 9077 has a larger deck, right?

Price is really close, so that's not an issue.

A little off my main question here, but would you take 9077 over a mini suite? The aft mini suites are booked, so it would be a regular mini suite in decj 11 with a regular sized deck.

Funny that you ask as we had a mini booked on N.C.L. Jewel and switched our cruise booking to the Sun just to be on the stern .

We had cabin 1209 on the Sun for our 14-night South American trip. This is a mini suite. We absolutely loved the space (we had three), the bathroom, the proximity to the gym, spa, pools and food. Would love to have this room again.

I don't know if all the minis on Sun are like the one beside 9077 so I can't comment on that...but 9077 has a deeper balcony - not any wider or at least not much, but because the "rail" is actually the sloping superstructure of the ship there is more floor area - we had the room steward bring us a chaise which I really enjoyed. If you do a search for on the NCL board for aft balcony pictures, you can see one of 9077 as well as similar stern balconies.

There is an aft- facing balcony (B1) available on the cruise I want to take (Baltic), but it has a connecting door to the suite next door.

I'm not super sensitive to noise, but would hate to hear my neighbors all the time (which probably means I shouldn't take it!).

Anyone with any experience in this room and if you could hear your neighbors through that door? 9077, 9277 are the 2 available.

Thanks!

Not sure if you are looking for extra balcony space, or aft? We considered both cabins you mention, but actually ended up booking 9075 after reading many reviews. The last cabin on each deck side has a large balcony and a very tiny bit of a curve to aft. Be aware that these cabins (including 9077 and 9277) are smaller in square footage than the standard balcony cabins, but have larger balconies.

Edited by sippican

We had mini 1204 on the Sun and it had a connecting door to the forward suite on the starboard side. We heard no noise from the suite only from the mini on the other side of us one night when a woman was yelling at her husband for turning off the light (probably the one outside the bathroom while she was in it) :rolleyes:

A little off my main question here, but would you take 9077 over a mini suite? The aft mini suites are booked, so it would be a regular mini suite in decj 11 with a regular sized deck.quote]

There is another thread on here about Sun's stern staterooms, it now has a picture of one of the non stern mini's: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361929

Looks to be more like the mini's on the other ships as opposed to the ones on the stern that are more like the old romance and penthouse suites on the newer NCL ships (albeit with out the perks of the suites).

Edited by Clay Clayton

• 7 months later...
. . . I'm not super sensitive to noise, but would hate to hear my neighbors all the time (which probably means I shouldn't take it!).

Several months after the last post on this thread I can offer an opinion as well . . . .

Just debarked cabin 9277 on Norwegian Sun yesterday. Enjoyed the cabin a lot!!

I experienced zero issues with noise from any neighboring cabins, and would easily recommend these B1 aft balconies.

Some pictures of 9277, that I hope may be of assistance to any who might be researching . . .

Cabin-9277-D-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-A-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-C-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-K-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-L-L.jpg

And from 9277 you can also observe the neighboring balconies. Pictures taken immediately when cabins became available, so that it wouldn't be creepy later. ;)

Here is M1 Mini Suite 9278:

9278-Balcony-L.jpg

Here is SE Penthouse 9276:

9276-Balcony-L.jpg

And a few views taken from 9277 during the sailing . . .

Balcony-View-1-L.jpg

Balcony-View-2-L.jpg

Balcony-View-3-L.jpg

Oh Don!

Lovely pics, was the cruise on the SUN okay for you? Because she is so different from the EPIC, and a more 'traditional' ship did you still manage to have a good time? Were you bored? Are you posting a review? :p

Edited by Sauer-kraut

My husband and I are taking a cruise for our honeymoon on the sun and our cabin is 9277 so I loved the pics. I was wondering about the bathroom--my husband is 6'4 and i was wondering how he will fit in the shower. This may sound creepy but do you have any pics of the bathroom? Also please post a review!! I would love to hear about it!! :D

Lovely pics, was the cruise on the SUN okay for you? Because she is so different from the EPIC, and a more 'traditional' ship did you still manage to have a good time? Were you bored? Are you posting a review?

Having a good time onboard was easy, and never once bored. Lots of ship to cover in a short 3-day sailing (despite it being dramatically smaller than EPIC). Some amazing crew and fellow passengers, but a few challenges as well -- some within NCL's control, and others not at all. Communication was not a forte' a few times on this sailing, including a surprising issue of the ship's staff (all the way up to the tippy top), not accurately knowing the scheduled itinerary/times for this sailing. :eek: Seriously!!

My husband and I are taking a cruise for our honeymoon on the sun and our cabin is 9277 so I loved the pics. I was wondering about the bathroom--my husband is 6'4 and i was wondering how he will fit in the shower. This may sound creepy but do you have any pics of the bathroom? Also please post a review!! I would love to hear about it!!

I have a habit of taking pictures of almost everything I encounter on a cruise, so I'm glad to be able to post the bathroom pictures here for you.

I wish there was good news about the size of the shower, but it was truly the smallest cabin shower I've ever experienced (including Sovereign of the Seas, which was rather tiny). The position of the shampoo/body wash is kinda ridiculous, because it's so low and you have to cram your hand between the dispenser and this basket thing. My suggestion is to bring a simple bar of soap with you. I got one from my room steward after the first night, and it made things much easier. Great shower curtain that keeps the bathroom floor very dry, and doesn't do that 'get to know you' thing.

Cabin-9277-G-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-J-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-H-L.jpg

Cabin-9277-I-L.jpg

My husband and I are taking a cruise for our honeymoon on the sun and our cabin is 9277 so I loved the pics. I was wondering about the bathroom--my husband is 6'4 and i was wondering how he will fit in the shower. This may sound creepy but do you have any pics of the bathroom? Also please post a review!! I would love to hear about it!! :D

Don't disagree with Don that the shower isn't as grand as others...I particularly like the glass enclosed ones on Jade/Gem/etc but at 6'-7" and more lbs than I want to admit...let's just say its over 299.9 by several, I find the shower usable and not a real issue. I was worried when we did 'round the horn that after 14 days I would be sick to death of it, but it wasn't a problem. Don is right about the shower working well AS LONG AS you make sure the bottom is inside the little curved lip on the floor....if it gets out you get a wet floor in the bathroom.

Enjoy!

We had 9077 on our 'round the horn trip last year and loved it. Neither Mike nor I are particularly sensative to noise either but I don't recall hearing anything through the door. Of course the fact that we usually had the door to the balcony open so we could hear the wake may have something to do with it!

We did have a big laugh when the folks in the suite hung their unmentionables on their big balcony to dry....but otherwise we had no issues with our neighbors.

You might want to keep an eye on the minisuite on the otherside. They are great rooms - huge room, great bathroom and incredible balcony. We keep hoping to be able to snag one for a good price but so far haven't been able to.

Clay, you and Mike can cruise next to my mom and me... As I have said on here many times, I've told my mom to pack plenty of undies cuz I don't want to see any "granny panties" hanging out to dry... And that includes the bathroom, balcony or wherever.

OP, I've been in 9076 and have booked it again. It was NEVER a problem, and we cruised 2 weeks and never heard any noise from neighbors. In fact we only knew we even had neighbors when we happened to be out on our balconies at the same time.

Aft on the Sun is HEAVEN!

Oh, and Clay and Mike, I get a bar setup and pack a blender.

I don't know if all the minis on Sun are like the one beside 9077 so I can't comment on that...but 9077 has a deeper balcony - not any wider or at least not much, but because the "rail" is actually the sloping superstructure of the ship there is more floor area - we had the room steward bring us a chaise which I really enjoyed. If you do a search for on the NCL board for aft balcony pictures, you can see one of 9077 as well as similar stern balconies.

Just look at my Avatar. It's the Sun aft. I was in 9076 see two loungers, 2 chairs. To the right is 9077. Nice.

• 4 years later...

Granted, this is an old threat. But I just booked 9277 for a 2017 repo from Valparaiso to San Diego.

The pictures and discussion were valuable, and I thank you.

Now, here is a question. If one of those front-facing balconies should become available, should I go for it?

granted, this is an old threat. But i just booked 9277 for a 2017 repo from valparaiso to san diego.

The pictures and discussion were valuable, and i thank you.

Now, here is a question. If one of those front-facing balconies should become available, should i go for it?

no!

Edited by biker@sea