Carnival Spirit

Some conflicting dates I've read about the announcement of cruises Downunder on the Carnival Spirit, either 23 or 28 March. Stay tuned this week :D

Oh yay! So can't wait for these to be announced :). Ashame we have to wait till the end of next year to cruise on her though ;).

Some conflicting dates I've read about the announcement of cruises Downunder on the Carnival Spirit, either 23 or 28 March. Stay tuned this week :D

Hope you don't mind if I post! We're halfway around the world from you 100 miles north of Boston (US), we've been awaiting the Honolulu to Sydney cruise of the Spirit (9/30-10/17/12) to be posted since February 28th. When the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise (9/18-9/30/12) was reopened on March 11th, we booked immediately, but since then we've heard 3/23, 3/28, 4/15, and 5/1 for bookings on the Honolulu to Sydney cruise. We also heard from both a Carnival PVP and a Carnival District Sales Manager that the cruise will open for bookings "to the Australian market first." If anyone reading this learns any new info, please share! We were aboard the Sun Princess for the 29-day Circle Australia cruise in 2008, and we can't wait to return to "mix and mingle" with you again: WHAT A GREAT CRUISE WE HAD AND EVERYONE WE MET WAS FRIENDLY--and we don't drink either!!!

P.S. We also would like info on the 13-night New Zealand cruise of the Spirit that begins on 10/25/12--THANKS AGAIN!!!

Hope you don't mind if I post! We're halfway around the world from you 100 miles north of Boston (US), we've been awaiting the Honolulu to Sydney cruise of the Spirit (9/30-10/17/12) to be posted since February 28th. When the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise (9/18-9/30/12) was reopened on March 11th, we booked immediately, but since then we've heard 3/23, 3/28, 4/15, and 5/1 for bookings on the Honolulu to Sydney cruise. We also heard from both a Carnival PVP and a Carnival District Sales Manager that the cruise will open for bookings "to the Australian market first." If anyone reading this learns any new info, please share! We were aboard the Sun Princess for the 29-day Circle Australia cruise in 2008, and we can't wait to return to "mix and mingle" with you again: WHAT A GREAT CRUISE WE HAD AND EVERYONE WE MET WAS FRIENDLY--and we don't drink either!!!

P.S. We also would like info on the 13-night New Zealand cruise of the Spirit that begins on 10/25/12--THANKS AGAIN!!!

It's great to see you guys on this forum, rest assured when the schedules are released you will know.

The Spirit coming down here is some of the biggest news there has ever been in the Australian cruise industry.

I believe if it as good as people say it will raise the bar to a level the present cruise companies here are nowhere near in terms of onboard entertainment innovations and facilities.

Have a great day

Paul

I am over anxious with anticipation- based o0n the interest the repositioning cruise could sell fast:o

If you go to the Carnival cruise line forum, there is a lot of interest in the repositioning cruise there.

Not the right time for us but I reckon it will be great.

Paul

If you go to the Carnival cruise line forum, there is a lot of interest in the repositioning cruise there.

Not the right time for us but I reckon it will be great.

Paul

Make the time :D Pull the kids out of school, walk out of work, sell the house....whatever it takes :p

I am sure that is what their strategy is.

Bring a ship down here that is well known to North Americans,

and they will come.

They dont want to come down here and cruise on all the old ships they have all ready done.

Nice for them to visit and see them still afloat ,

and say

Gosh you are showing your age.

We have moved on.:D

The Australian and NZ market is just a bonus for them ,

as they know we are so starved for cuising ,

and such rich countries,

that we will pay what ever they ask.:eek:

Make the time :D Pull the kids out of school, walk out of work, sell the house....whatever it takes :p

Way to go!!

I'm thinking about it now I feel motivated.

The only thing is the kids go to the same school that the missus works at.

Could end up with 2 expulsions and a sacking.

(Might be worth it though)

Paul

Way to go!!

I'm thinking about it now I feel motivated.

The only thing is the kids go to the same school that the missus works at.

Could end up with 2 expulsions and a sacking.

(Might be worth it though)

Paul

Plenty of other schools out there :p

Debsta

Are you seriously thinking of it?

Our daughter's birthday is October 4th and will be had over the Carnival Spirit cruise time away,

I always like to be home for our kids birthday but she will be turning 25 in 2012 and is so horrible to us at times I am thinking why worry.

We would probably try and get a timeshare week in Honolulu for a week before hand

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1363959&page=2

Free public internet whilst you're on board Carnival, under "Funville". Another thing to look forward to.

Sounds like the the one on Princess. You can have free access at anytime to Princess .com. The idea being you can research your next cruise. There is also a page somewhere on it where you can send a Greeting email to a friend for free. It goes out like a postcard with Princess advertising, but it is one way of sending an email to someone that not many people know about.

So dont go telling anyone, or everyone will be using it... He He:D:D

impatiently awaiting the release of details! I live in Honolulu,and would love to catch the Hono to Australia repositioning leg!

Have you checked out the Carnival Spirit Roll Call? Also, one of our fellow passengers is a travel agent, and she set up a Facebook page:

Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012

Among checking here, the roll call, and the FB page, I believe there isn't any way you'll miss out when the Honolulu-Sydney cruise is available for booking!

Me also,

wish they would hurry up and release details-suspense:eek:

I call Carnival every day sometime between 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. EDT which is 15 hours behind Sydney time (or so I think). Will post as soon as I learn more! Have so much on my mind so please excuse me if I've already posted the information about the Facebook page devoted to Spirit's repositioning: Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012

The suspense is killing me :eek: So much so I looked up Sydney port schedule

Arrives 17/10/12

Departs 19/10/12

Then arrivals

28/10/12 (9 nights from previous departure)

8/11/12 (10 nights)

16/11/12 (9 nights)

27/11/12 (11 nights)

6/12/12 (9 nights)

16/12/12 (10 nights)

27/12/12 (11 nights)

29/12/12 (2 nights)

8/1/13 (10 nights)

20/1/13 (12 nights)

and so on and on and on

So looks like a little 2 nighter in there 27/12 and a NYE (not combined with Xmas yayyyy) cruise. Most of those don't look long enough to go to NZ and back?

I think NYE on Spirit would be fun :D

OK back to being suspenseful :p

Just after New Year's I ran across the website you're referencing. When folks at Carnival told me I "must be misinformed," I gave them the info for this website. After that, I didn't hear anymore about being misinformed, but I still don't have any tangible booking information--and neither does anyone else on CC (or so it appears)! How about adding the word "eager" to "suspense?"

The suspense is killing me :eek: So much so I looked up Sydney port schedule

Arrives 17/10/12

Departs 19/10/12

Then arrivals

28/10/12 (9 nights from previous departure)

8/11/12 (10 nights)

16/11/12 (9 nights)

27/11/12 (11 nights)

6/12/12 (9 nights)

16/12/12 (10 nights)

27/12/12 (11 nights)

29/12/12 (2 nights)

8/1/13 (10 nights)

20/1/13 (12 nights)

and so on and on and on

So looks like a little 2 nighter in there 27/12 and a NYE (not combined with Xmas yayyyy) cruise. Most of those don't look long enough to go to NZ and back?

I think NYE on Spirit would be fun :D

OK back to being suspenseful :p

"Carnival Spirit will offer a year round schedule of 8 to 12-day cruises to the Pacific Islands and a selection of 13-day sailings to New Zealand beginning October 25, 2012, with the program expected to go on sale by the middle of this year. The shipboard experience will be tailored to the Australian market with onboard spending in Australian dollars and no tipping required."

http://carnival-news.com/2011/01/12/world%E2%80%99s-largest-cruise-line-to-base-ship-in-sydney-carnival-spirit-the-largest-cruise-ship-to-call-australia-home/

On the US Carnival site the capacity is shown as 2124 Pax

On the Ausssie Carnival site the capacity is shown as 2667 Pax

Hmmmmm

I wonder what is happening when it goes into dry dock to be "Aussiefied"???

I know there are a few mentions around the place of the capacity being more than the US Carnival figure but this increase routinely happens with Carnival Corp ships that come here, even the Jewel had extra berths fitted when it was "fitted out for the Australian market".

In the words (nearly) of Rowdy Yates, they "Pack 'em in and move 'em out"

I am prepared to be proved wrong and secretly hope that I am because this looks like it could be a lot of fun.

It will still be 11 years old when it starts sailing here though. (just thought I would get that one in)

Paul, (still chipping away)

On the US Carnival site the capacity is shown as 2124 Pax

On the Ausssie Carnival site the capacity is shown as 2667 Pax

HmmmmmI wonder what is happening when it goes into dry dock to be "Aussiefied"???Paul, (still chipping away)

Dont worry Paul. I dont think anything sinister is going on.

I seem to recall this was discussed a while ago when it was first announced she was coming.

Both figures are correct.

Here is how she is , and always has been , listed on Ship Parade.

Carnival Spirit Owner/Operator: Carnival Cruise Lines

Year built: 2001

Rebuilt: -

Builder: Kvaerner MASA Yards, Helsinki, Finland

Former names: -

Gross Tonnage 85,920

Length: 292.5 m (959.6 ft)

Beam: 32.2 m (105.6 ft)

Passengers (normal): 2,142

Passengers (maximum): 2,680

Crew: 902

Service speed: 22.0 kn

Sister Ships: Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend, Carnival Miracle

Maximum I assume , would refer to beds that fold away into the ceiling and can be dropped down for extra berths. Also many of the suites would have sofa beds that could be used for 3rd or 4th passengers.

I hope not but just in case I've done my Inspector Cluesau bit and downloaded les plans de la decks.

So we can compare when she is fitted out.

My guess will be less 3 berth and more 4 berth cabins, at the moment there are heaps of 3 person cabins. These I would imagine at the moment are invariably used by only 2 people.

Paul

The spell check doesn't work with french names!

Archived