Cruisinetta Builds Again! It's the Boodam2!

Spinner2

Cruisinetta's on the O'dam and in honor of the upcoming spook day, and just because she's on a DAM ship, she's building a model again. Here's the first photo; she's just getting started but for those who like to learn how she does it, this is a great place to start. It's all based on soft drink cartons! At least in the beginning.

Plenty of you can chime in and answer the questions of those who have joined our discussions since the last build; I think I'd better just get this up.

You can judge a little about its length from noting its position on the bed; I think it's longer than half the width of the bed. She didn't send a large resolution photo this time; I hope when she starts adding more detail that she'll whip out her "good" camera and send those. A lot depends on the internet speed, though; it's not cheap for Cruisinetta to send me these to put up for her.

boodam2-a.jpg

Hard to believe this puppy's gonna float, isn't it? But it will!

Hello all from beautiful Hawaii. The Boodam2 is coming along very nicely. Might be the best I have done. Using glass for the first time. It's limited, but it's there. Won't be working on the ship tomorrow as I have an all day excursion. It is 75% complete. Hope you like the new color scheme. It's in honor of Halloween.

I forgot to mention, on the last photo, that Cruisinetta mentioned using glass and then there's this cryptic comment, "The captain is a Q-tip." :)

Moving right along, here's a series of photos showing her work on the aft of the ship.

boodam2-e.jpg

At this point Cruisinetta says the model is 75% finished and tomorrow she's going out to swim with the dolphins. It may be a couple of days before there's another update.

boodam2-g.jpg

And a close-up of the Sports deck area up at the top:

boodam2-gclose.jpg

and one more, zooming in on a side panel:

boodam2-g2.jpg

Hello all from beautiful Hawaii. The Boodam2 is coming along very nicely. Might be the best I have done. Using glass for the first time. It's limited, but it's there. Won't be working on the ship tomorrow as I have an all day excursion. It is 75% complete. Hope you like the new color scheme. It's in honor of Halloween.

Lynn, It's wonderul. Can't wait to be on a cruise with you in January and watch you build the Poordam II !!

Happy Halloween!

Ken

Incredible detail -- I almost expect to see you waving at us from the aft deck lounge chairs!

Thanks for sharing your photos and your wonderfully inspired handicraft skills. What is obvious is this is one heck of a labor or love .... and we all love it too.:D

Archived