Alaska 2014

IECalCruiser

Just got a heads up from a TA friend that Princess has released their Alaska Schedule.

Voyage of the Glaciers (Vancouver to Whittier):

Crown Princess

Coral Princess

Island Princess

Inside Passage:

Golden Princess (RT from Seattle)

Grand Princess(RT from Seattle)

Pacific Princess (RT from Vancouver)

Star Princess (RT from San Francisco - 11 Day)

We know that the Diamond will be in Japan for the Summer of 2014, but where will the Sapphire be.

Alaska goes in sale on March 14th at the same time as Europe.

On April 11 Summer Caribbean 2014 cruises go on sale :)

Just got a heads up from a TA friend that Princess has released their Alaska Schedule.

Voyage of the Glaciers (Vancouver to Whittier):

Crown Princess

Coral Princess

Island Princess

Inside Passage:

Interesting that the Star Princess is doing the roundtrip from San Francisco rather than the Grand.

I just checked the Princess site and no 2014 Alaska updates there yet. Hope they post soon.

Inside Passage:

We've done the Golden and Star. Interesting that the Grand will be here next summer. I wonder if it will do the Glacier Bay route. What are the differences between the Golden/Star and the Grand? Any big reason to want (or not want) to give it a try?

We've done the Golden and Star. Interesting that the Grand will be here next summer. I wonder if it will do the Glacier Bay route. What are the differences between the Golden/Star and the Grand? Any big reason to want (or not want) to give it a try?

Grand, Star and Golden are sister ships. Grand does not have skywalkers and their vines does not have sushi.

We are on the Grand this May, can't wait.

Here's a site that does ship comparison:

http://www.cruise-ships.com/princess-cruises/

Here's a live from the Grand thread going now ... 49 day cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1776412 lots of good information in it.

We want to do a Voyage of the Glaciers in 2014. Our first Princess cruise will be on the Crown next month. If Crown, Coral, and Island are all doing the same thing, what would make me choose one ship over another?

We want to do a Voyage of the Glaciers in 2014. Our first Princess cruise will be on the Crown next month. If Crown, Coral, and Island are all doing the same thing, what would make me choose one ship over another?

The Crown has 3080 lower berth passengers and the other two have 1970. If the number of passengers is important to you, then the Crown has more.

The other main difference is what days of the week they start the cruise.

Yes, there are other differences on board the ships, but nothing that should really make you pick one ship over another.

The Coral and Island have a covered pool. They also have less passengers which may not seem like a big deal but it may in a cooler climate cruise when more people are inside more often (as opposed to by the pools).

I would pick the Coral and Island!

For what it's worth received notification last night that the 5 day Alaska sampler for 2014 on the Coral has been cancelled because of "deployment change." :(

Wonder where its going to be deployed to? Seems like Princess are moving their ships around.

I read on another thread that the Sapphire Princess might be coming down under.

Wonder where its going to be deployed to? Seems like Princess are moving their ships around.

I read on another thread that the Sapphire Princess might be coming down under.

I think Sapphire will be doing the AU/NZ cruises that Diamond currently does. She starts showing up in Sydney's cruise ship calendar in December 2014

I think Sapphire will be doing the AU/NZ cruises that Diamond currently does. She starts showing up in Sydney's cruise ship calendar in December 2014

It is sad that the US Market is losing those ships :(

It is sad that the US Market is losing those ships :(

Not sad for the Australia and New Zealand market which has been starved until recently of decent ships. Plus, its one of the fastest growing markets, along with Asia. So Princess is only going where the money is.

The last sailing for the sapphire currently shown for may 2014 is a 5 day ending in Vancouver. Seems like it would still be doing Alaska. Thoughts?
Alaska 2014 schedule has been released to TAs and the Sapphire is not in Alaska for 2014. Don't know when her Summer 2014 schedule will be released.

Alaska 2014 schedule has been released to TAs and the Sapphire is not in Alaska for 2014. Don't know when her Summer 2014 schedule will be released.

She could be switching it up between California coastals and summer Hawaii sailings...just a guess

The last sailing for the sapphire currently shown for may 2014 is a 5 day ending in Vancouver. Seems like it would still be doing Alaska. Thoughts?
Actually, the last Sapphire cruise now shown is a 7 day Coastal ending in Vancouver on May 10, 2014.

She could be switching it up between California coastals and summer Hawaii sailings...just a guess
It's just interesting that 2014 Europe and Alaska go on sale on March 14th, 2014, Summer Caribbean (Caribbean Princess) goes on sale April 11th and Fall 2014-Spring 2015 Americas and Exotics go on sale May 16th. Sapphire will not be in Europe, Alaska or the Caribbean in the Summer of 2014 so when will her schedule be released?

It's just interesting that 2014 Europe and Alaska go on sale on March 14th, 2014, Summer Caribbean (Caribbean Princess) goes on sale April 11th and Fall 2014-Spring 2015 Americas and Exotics go on sale May 16th. Sapphire will not be in Europe, Alaska or the Caribbean in the Summer of 2014 so when will her schedule be released?

Hmmmm...interesting question. So the exotics, that would include AU and NZ? I'm dying to know what we're going to end up doing in 2014

Is the Caribbean Princess doing the Summer Caribbean itinerary out of NYC in 2014?

Minette

Might be a bit out of date but generally this describes the differences between Golden and Star.

Archived