Qsine Specialty Restaurant

picture

I did view the menu. Question so many items can you try as many as you want for the $45.00 charge?? what is the size / portions of food??

thanks.

Qsine's menu items are meant to be shared. So you will get the appropriate amount of food for your table size. You can always order more. Well worth the cover charge.

Forgot to mention that you can order everything. However that suggest 5 or 6 items. Believe me 5 or 6 is plenty.:D

Our group of four ordered several items. About 3/4 way through the list we started to get pretty full. The server was aware that people often order more than they thought they could eat and near the end would check with us before bringing out additional items we ordered. Bottom line - order what you want, but let them know if you want to eliminate items you won't be able to eat.

We liked Qsine so much we went a second time on our last cruise. The most fun we've ever had during a meal short of a full fledged food fight :D

We were a group of 12 and had so much fun. We ordered lots of different menu items and shared everything. The presentations were amazing! On our next cruise DH and I will be alone so we'll skip Qsine.

I am very happy that you enjoyed qsine. I was not impressed. Do not go there if you want an intimate/elegant dinner. It isnt that type of place.

We thought that it would be more like the multi-course dinners in Princess specialty restaurant.

The lollipop sushi was fun. The lava crab was outstanding. Maybe we were turned off when the greeter was wearing a tunic that was 2 sizes too small. Or, after selecing our dinners on the ipad, the server came by to take our order by hand.

Perhaps, the message is to not go there as a small group. It probably would be fun with a larger group and a few stiff drinks.

T

We have done Qsine with just the two of us and loved it.

We had some great food and it was fun - soup and souffle and the sliders were fantastic.

I would recommend steering clear of the things you can get everyday such as the chinese and indian selections and go for the more unusal choices.

I know a lot of people say it is for groups but we enjoyed it, took it slow and will probaly go back on our next cruise.

One of the keys to enjoying Qsine when there are only two or three in the group is to keep reminding yourselves that you don't have to finish everything.... Try a little of a dish and move on.....no one cares, no one is watching.

Went with a group of 10 from Connections. Loved Qsine. DH want to try it just the two of us next time since there were so many things we wanted to try and just couldn't fit it in. The Chocolate Tombstone was to die for (pun intended!).

Just off the Infinity yesterday and my husband and I did Qsine 2 times. It was fabulous. As mentioned, they will serve you the appropriate portions for your table size and if you don't care for something, move on to the next menu item on your favorites list. We especially loved the Mmm's favorites box and sushi lollipops and painter's filet mignon. We were able to get deals both nights.

We had a great evening with new friends we met on the ship. Presentation of the food was so different and you could have as much as you liked but, we all felt, that the quality of the food was just on a par with the MDR - the presentation made it look fantastic though.

As I have said, we really enjoyed our evening but would use the $45 to book one of the other speciality restaurants where the food has always been excellent quality. Qsine is great for an experience and a laugh -

We would like to try Qsine for the first time on our cruise this summer as I reckon my 18 and 20 year olds would love it. The only fly in the ointment is their 13 year old brother who although will eat a wide variety of food types will only try plainly presented meals. Would Qsine be prepared to make adjustments to meals such as the steak or the sliders to keep him happy. I know $45 is alot to pay for one person who is unlikely to appreciate the food but he does not like going to kids clubs and we like to spend time together as a family.

We would like to try Qsine for the first time on our cruise this summer as I reckon my 18 and 20 year olds would love it. The only fly in the ointment is their 13 year old brother who although will eat a wide variety of food types will only try plainly presented meals. Would Qsine be prepared to make adjustments to meals such as the steak or the sliders to keep him happy. I know $45 is alot to pay for one person who is unlikely to appreciate the food but he does not like going to kids clubs and we like to spend time together as a family.

There is a lot of choice - even fish and chips! - just presented differently. Before you book just mention his likes and I am sure they will find something suitable for him. I know it is a lot for fish and chips but you will have a fun evening.

I'm a picky eater and didn't have a problem at Qsine. They have filet (this was great, with sauces on the side) and they also have sliders (sad that I didn't try them). They have a lot of different foods - fish and chips, mexican, asian, etc. They are small servings to be shared, but you could always just order a couple for him, and, if you family is anything like the group I was with, you will order way more food than you can actually eat. Many of the items are presented in very attractive/different ways.....it is about presentation/experience. The desserts are great as well. I'm sure your son will be able to find many items that he would like.

Thanks Jenna109 and NLHArizona. Your responses have persuaded me to give it a try. The beauty of lots of small dishes is that he can try a variety of things.

You are more than welcome. I think it was the disco shrimp that was a pretty awesome presentation, even if your youngest doesn't like shrimp he will get a kick out of it. Enjoy.

I think your 13 year old will surprise you. From the moment you sit down, they will present each of you with an Ipad to look at the menus. Definitely a WOW factor for everyone. The decor is quirky, I noticed table lamps hanging upside down from the ceilings. It worked!

The presentation of the food is ingenious. We had recently seen an episode on Top Chef that featured the restaurant and couldn't wait to try it.

Next to us was a family with a cool Middle Schooler and he seemed to really like it. I noticed that he did not share his container of popcorn shrimp.

We loved the food so much that we came back on another night because there was much more to try. My husband and I kept arguing about selections.

Your son will love the sliders, and the popcorn shrimp served in a popcorn container, the filet Mignon is excellent, the sushi lollipos great, we ordered that both nights One of the lollies is actually covered in dorito crumbs. Don't scoff all you foodies, it was delicious. The Taj Mahal was my favorite, but so was the Crab Lava Melt. Much, much more. I don't want to spoil all of the fun.

The dessert menu is a Rubik's cube. The staff there is hand picked and makes it lots of fun but are very professional.

I can't wait to go back this July on our Fjord cruise.

Hope that helps a little.

Qsine is lots of fun with great foods to select from. I've gone there twice. The first time, our group of 8 ordered more than we needed but our waiter made suggestions when he looked at the list on the ipad.

I love the disco shrimp, the lamb chops, the tre-ceviche, lava crab, to name a few. We stayed away from the fried items.

Bring your camera! You'll have good memories.

Monica

Archived