Room 9200 on Glory

bm6pm5

We went on the Glory October 13 from Norfolk, Va. Sadly one of the last cruises from here. Really like the convenience of not having to drive or fly. Just get dropped off and walk across the street.

Embarkation day was kind of dreary, raining as we left. The first night there was some rocking and rolling but by the first morning it was smooth sailing and beautiful weather.

As promised here are pics that I took of our room while on board.

The door.

DSCN1362_zps22ea8ed7.jpg

As you walk in from the door to the opposite side of the room. There is actually another window in the corner there but had wallpaper covering it. Guess it would be hard to have a shade there beings it is an odd shape.

The couch opened up into a bed. The room steward was "Rudy" a really nice guy. Closed it every morning and opened it at night for us. My daughter preferred the small couch on the end So my mom had the pull out bed to herself. While my wife and I had the bed. 2981da24-2275-475e-8035-9c3cd41a88f2_zps71692b4d.jpg

Looking back from the windows toward the door.

DSCN1228_zps7c387254.jpg

Toward the penthouse suite on the port side. They called us to try and "upgrade" to this room but thought 918$ was a bit steep. In talking to the people who had the room they said that they upgraded from balcony to this and paid 1500$ Don't think she was to happy to hear our offer.

DSCN1253_zpsa3d3233a.jpg

2 closets 4 drawers on the right hand side. About the only complaint we had was that the TV was pretty small.

DSCN1229_zps4af3c2b4.jpg

The bathroom is just a standard bathroom nothing fancy.

You took really good pictures. Somehow, yours seem to show the scale better than others I've seen so far.

We have 9201 (same type of room on the other end). I understand that 9201 doesn't have a pull-out couch (it's listed as being for only 2 passengers). I will try to take some good pictures of our cabin In a couple of months. This will be our first time without a balcony, but we definitely want to give the 6K a try. First, the deck plan for orientation, then a question, if you don't mind:

1395256_10201807203373743_1698868809_n.jpg

*One question: Did you have to keep the shades closed at all times at night? I know there is the possibility of interference with navigation on the bridge from the lights in these cabins and that you are supposed to keep the shades down at night. It seems as if you might be able to leave them open IF you don't have lights on in your cabin. I definitely wouldn't want to cause the bridge any problems, but I'd like to star gaze at night with the lights OFF. Just wondering what your experience was. Thanks.

We went on the Glory October 13 from Norfolk, Va. Sadly one of the last cruises from here. Really like the convenience of not having to drive or fly. Just get dropped off and walk across the street.

Embarkation day was kind of dreary, raining as we left. The first night there was some rocking and rolling but by the first morning it was smooth sailing and beautiful weather.

As promised here are pics that I took of our room while on board.

The door.

DSCN1362_zps22ea8ed7.jpg

As you walk in from the door to the opposite side of the room. There is actually another window in the corner there but had wallpaper covering it. Guess it would be hard to have a shade there beings it is an odd shape.

The couch opened up into a bed. The room steward was "Rudy" a really nice guy. Closed it every morning and opened it at night for us. My daughter preferred the small couch on the end So my mom had the pull out bed to herself. While my wife and I had the bed. 2981da24-2275-475e-8035-9c3cd41a88f2_zps71692b4d.jpg

Looking back from the windows toward the door.

DSCN1228_zps7c387254.jpg

Toward the penthouse suite on the port side. They called us to try and "upgrade" to this room but thought 918$ was a bit steep. In talking to the people who had the room they said that they upgraded from balcony to this and paid 1500$ Don't think she was to happy to hear our offer.

DSCN1253_zpsa3d3233a.jpg

2 closets 4 drawers on the right hand side. About the only complaint we had was that the TV was pretty small.

DSCN1229_zps4af3c2b4.jpg

The bathroom is just a standard bathroom nothing fancy.

We were on the same cruise as you. We stayed a little down the hall in 9240. Rudy was also our room steward. Very nice guy. It took him a little bit to understand what you were saying or asking for, but otherwise a definitely good guy.

We are in room 9200 on the Conquest this Sunday!!! We are looking forward to the room. Was it all you hoped it would be? I just hope I dont miss our Balcony. I am planning on taking a video of the room and posting it on here sometime when we get back. I wish we had been offered an upgrade to the Capitans Suite we probly would have taken it. I believe they have already been booked for our cruise.

So they let you keep the shades open at night? How hot does it get in the room during the day with the shades open?

We had this room 9200 on the Valor a few weeks ago. Looks exactly the same with exception of our flat screen was hung on the wall vs. on the self. Absolutely LOVED the room. Been on diff ships, all categories excluding CS, this is tops in my book-did not miss balcony at all.

Lights-there is a switch by the door and by your bed that raises and lowers the shades. We did lower when we had full lights on after dark as we were getting ready for dinner but when we came back and just had on bed reading lights we kept them open and left them open all night-watching the moon/stars on water was incredible then of course the view you would wake up to!!

Did not notice uncomfortable room temp change with shades up during the day. In ports where the afternoon sun was on your side of ship it could get warmer but not enough for us to warrant closing shades IMHO.

Have booked two more cruises one on Glory (this room 9200) and another back on Valor (other end 9201) just for the rooms! Enjoy, enjoy! I do think as word gets out how amazing (and affordable) these are they will get harder to come by.

I enjoy all the pics and videos that are posted of these.

Did you notice any exterior lights at night with the curtains open or closed? I like a dark room at night to sleep.

It will be completely dark in the middle of the day if you close the shades-they are very think and sturdy. I don't remember any exterior lights at night-at least not enough for us to notice and we left the curtains fully open all night.

We have this room booked in January. Right now, I could change to a balcony room for $440 LESS than what we are paying for this room. My husband and son & son's friend REALLY WANT THIS ROOM!! But it's killing me spending $440 more. We are totally balcony people, but like the bigger balconies. The only thing keeping me from switching is that we'd just get a standard balcony.

I did tell my husband as soon as it hits $500 I'm switching. We'll see!!:rolleyes::p The room does look awesome and I know the boys will LOVE it.

What's with "wallpaper" on that front window?? that sucks!!:(

Great pics! The TV does look small. Every time I see one of those hall doors with the slats--I know this is really strange--I get a bit seasick. I can't imagine walking down the hall and seeing them over and over. Going up and down doesn't give me the same sensation. I know, it's strange!:eek:

The TV on the shelf looks really small. I am not sure if my eye is playing tricks on me, but when compared with pics of the same cabin from the Valor, the wall hung TV on the Valor 9200 looks much larger. I would venture to guess the screen size must be at least 32 inches.

Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

The TV on the shelf looks really small. I am not sure if my eye is playing tricks on me, but when compared with pics of the same cabin from the Valor, the wall hung TV on the Valor 9200 looks much larger. I would venture to guess the screen size must be at least 32 inches.

Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

I was thinking the same thing.

Thank you for the pics. We are leaving from Norfolk on Friday in an aft balcony. How did you enjoy the ship? Also, how was embarkation in Norfolk? We are wondering what time would be best to arrive.

The ship and crew are very nice. We got to the terminal around 11 Am. Pretty much walked right on. The rooms were ready as they had just sailed down from NY the day before. From about 1-3 there was a huge line trying to get into the terminal. My advice would be come early or later to avoid the lines. The other 2 times we sailed out of Norfolk we got there roughly the same time and were able to board but the rooms were not ready until around 1-2.

We get dropped off right across the street from the terminal at the Todd Juris ?? Restaurant valet spot. Unload the luggage and walk across Waterside Dr. Plan our pick up there too.

Archived