Three in a Cabin

GailnBrad

We have booked an OV on the Summit, Deck 2 for three of us. When I pull up stateroom info it states it has a pull out couch? I thought it would have been a pull down bed from the wall? On the picture it looks like a chair, not a couch?? Our son is 6 feet tall...I hope he fits!

We have booked an OV on the Summit, Deck 2 for three of us. When I pull up stateroom info it states it has a pull out couch? I thought it would have been a pull down bed from the wall? On the picture it looks like a chair, not a couch?? Our son is 6 feet tall...I hope he fits!

Some 3rd berths are pull out couches (or chairs), others are Pullman bunks that flip down from the wall.

A triple cabin is the foldout loveseat. Quad cabins have the bunks in the ceiling.

Triple cabin on Summit:

BG-54.jpg

Quad cabin (note bunkes in the ceiling)

BG-55.jpg

The queen/king bed will be longer because of the curved foot. You might have to separate it into twins and have the tall one sleep in one, and one of you sleep in the foldout. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

How about upgrading to a FV if one is available( ours was available June for late Oct sailing)

My husband & I were able to book one at the stern of the ship, for our recent TA, as they weren't taken by families.

They have a bedroom, a lounge, with 2 settees which convert into beds and a larger balcony.

Main bedroom

nyuy40.jpg

lounge

soxsmb.jpg

2cmsy6g.jpg2i7oj95.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

How about upgrading to a FV if one is available( ours was available June for late Oct sailing)

My husband & I were able to book one at the stern of the ship, for our recent TA, as they weren't taken by families.

They have a bedroom, a lounge, with 2 settees which convert into beds and a larger balcony.

Main bedroom

nyuy40.jpg

lounge

soxsmb.jpg

2cmsy6g.jpg2i7oj95.jpg

Very nice.

Main bedroom

nyuy40.jpg

lounge

soxsmb.jpg

2cmsy6g.jpg2i7oj95.jpg

Jackie,

Which cabin number and ship are the photos from? Just wondered as we have a FV on Infinity next year ;).

Thanks.

Jackie,

Which cabin number and ship are the photos from? Just wondered as we have a FV on Infinity next year ;).

Thanks.

9156 on Infinity.

A long walk to everything, but superb for viewing the partial Eclipse of the sun 03/11/13.

Also no hassle trying to get a lounger around the pool.

Edited by upwarduk

Hi

There are three of us that often travel together and share a cabin. We have been lucky enough in the last year to get a FV cabin - first on the Millennium (same set up as shown in the Infinity pictrures) and then recently on the Reflection (a real treat - it has two bedrooms and a huge living and dining area).

When we don't have an FV, we usually have a Balcony cabin where the sofa has a pull out bed. As someone else observed earlier, that can be uncomfortble for whoever sleeps on it. So, we ask our TA to request an egg crate mattress for us. If it's not in the cabin when we arrive, we ask our cabin steward to bring one when he or she comes in to meet us. The egg crate mattress makes a big diference.

Bev

We are doing the same thing in two weeks on the Silhouette, wife, myself and son who is 6'6". We have done this on three NCL cruises without any problems and this is our first Celebrity cruise in a long time with just the three of us. My son and I will hang up the clothes for dining but the rest we will live out of suitcase, leaving most of the closet space for the wife. Might use some of the room above the bed. Biggest problem is bathroom time however I usually take a shower at the gym to save time and try as much as possible to use the public bathrooms. We are very simple people and have no problem with this arrangement.

9156 on Infinity.

A long walk to everything, but superb for viewing the partial Eclipse of the sun 03/11/13.

and especially nice for ' rockin and rollin' in the storm wasn't it Jackie!!

We were jealous!!!

9156 on Infinity.

Great, thanks :). Ours should be exactly the same then, just a couple of decks down ;). Hopefully, the weather and seas will be good to us in July - no rockin' & rollin' please :p.

• 1 year later...