Change of amenities: Quercus products to replace Gilchrist & Soames

Salacia

Apparently, we'll be finding a different brand of body lotion, shower gel, soap, shampoo and conditioner in our staterooms soon..

"...Queen Elizabeth is the first of Cunard’s ships to offer the Quercus products, which will be introduced to Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 in the summer of 2014. In response to passenger testing, shower gel and shampoo will be supplied in larger sizes, while body lotion and conditioner will be in smaller bottles. Soaps will also be provided and all items will be replenished as required..." copied from http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/cunard-line-adds-quercus-amenities-penhaligons-44496

Salacia

Apparently, we'll be finding a different brand of body lotion, shower gel, soap, shampoo and conditioner in our staterooms soon..

"...Queen Elizabeth is the first of Cunard’s ships to offer the Quercus products, which will be introduced to Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 in the summer of 2014. In response to passenger testing, shower gel and shampoo will be supplied in larger sizes, while body lotion and conditioner will be in smaller bottles. Soaps will also be provided and all items will be replenished as required..." copied from http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/cunard-line-adds-quercus-amenities-penhaligons-44496

Salacia

The Penhaligon Quercus toiletries were already in place on Queen Elizabeth's transatlantic crossing a few weeks ago--and very nice they were indeed!:)

Who decided that you need a big bottle of shampoo and smaller bottles of conditioner and lotion. :)
I need the smallest possible bottle of shampoo (ie, no hair :o ). And the biggest possible bottle of shower-gel (ie, needs to wash a near spherical me :o ). Edited by pepperrn

Just asking a question here. Has anyone really chosen a cruise (or a hotel for that matter) based on the shampoo, etc. provided? The only one for me that makes a dent in the old awareness is the Bulgari on SeaDream. All the rest is just soap to me and I am glad I do not have to schlep my own anymore.:D

Just asking a question here. Has anyone really chosen a cruise (or a hotel for that matter) based on the shampoo, etc. provided? ...
Not I, I bring my own Ivory soap bar and use it for everything except my teeth.

Does anyone know if the shampoo contains sulfate? I've tried to do a search and couldn't find any info. I think this is something only women care about. :)

I think most bacon contains sulfites. We probably dont want to know just what is in there.:eek::eek::D

Salacia

The smaller conditioner bottles make sense since you're meant to use more shampoo than conditioner.

It's good to see Cumard still keeping with the individual bottles of products and soaps - I don't have to pack my own (which would mean adding a third toiletry bag to my luggage).

When I saw the thread title I did have a slight moment of worry that Cunard might go down the Princess route and install public restroom style liquid pump dispensers on the walls of the shower and vanity area (a move I consider to be tacky in the extreme).

When we were on a recent Princess cruise, of only four nights, they installed the pumps in our shower alcove. They were empty but guessing once we departed they would be filled.

I still take my own anyway.

Edited by Pushka

Does anyone know if the shampoo contains sulfate? I've tried to do a search and couldn't find any info. I think this is something only women care about. :)

The Gilchrist & Soames shampoo in cabins on QM2 lists sulfites as ingredients.

Edited by Salacia

I remember it being mentioned on here last year.http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1827389

Looking at the photograph in your link, I think there's going to be a lot of passengers taking home "souvenirs" :)

Ray, yes, Viotetta had it right last year when she gave us the heads-up. My apology for not referencing her thread :o but thank you for so doing :)

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

I think most bacon contains sulfites. We probably dont want to know just what is in there.:eek::eek::D

I don't mind eating it....I just don't want it in my hair. :D

Thank you very much for the replies. I've been bringing my own shampoo lately and it just does better for me. Too bad, because I know they are good products.