Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:53 PM.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7,157 Posts
Joined May 2000
Just a quick update from PRIDE OF AMERICA. We are currently docked in San Diego and will depart tonight for Los Angeles.

I really wasn't expecting to like this ship .... but let me state for the record I absolutely love her! Next to QM2, she is probably my next favorite new ship. Her interiors are just stunning and the attention to detail is just amazing. NCL has every right to be VERY proud of this beautiful new ship.

Not everything is perfect onboard, and the crew still needs smoe fine tuning, but all in all the experience has been excellent. I was a bit concerned about an all American crew, but I have never come across a more friendly, young, attractive, and energetic staff and crew on any ship. Some people may find the crew a bit too friendly, but personally I've really enjoyed chatting with everyone I've come across.

More to come in a more detailed review to follow when I get home .... + hundreds of pictures!

Ernie
10,144 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
FABULOUS!! Thanks for the post! SOME-DAY .... my ship will come ... and her name will be PRIDE OF AMERICA! HA! We will get the Canal out of the way and a couple of other small ones ... then, just MAYBE ... we will f*i*n*a*l*l*y be able to sail of the PoAm!!

~D
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dianne
NCL Platinum

[left]Carnival Jubilee, 95(MexRiv I); NCL Sky, 01(Alaska I); RCI Vision, 02(MexRiv II); NCL Star, 04(MexRiv III); NCL Star, 05(Pacific Coastal I); RCI Monarch 06(Baja I); NCL Sun, 06(Panama Canal I, Miami to San Francisco); RCI Radiance, 06(Hawaii I, Los Angeles RT); RCI Monarch, 07(Baja II); RCI Radiance, 07(Alaska II, Cruise Tour); NCL Dawn, 07(NE/Canada, New York RT); RCI Monarch, 08(Baja III); RCI Monarch, 08(Baja IV); NCL Jewel, 08(Baltics, Dover RT); RCI Jewel, 09(Panama Canal II, Miami RT); NCL Majesty, 09 (Bermuda); RCI Mariner, 09 (MexRiv IV); RCI Radiance, '10 (MexRiv V); NCL Sun, '10 (Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, Shetland Is, Faroe Is.); NCL Sun, '10 (TA I, Dover to Port Canaveral); Celebrity Infinity, '11 (Ultimate Alaska III, 10-day); Carnival Inspiration, '12 (Baja escape V);[size=1][color=#ff00ff] RCI Mariner, '12 (TA II, Rome to Galveston); NCL Sun, '13 (Pacific Coastal II); NCL Jewel, '14 (Alaska IV); NCL Jewel, '15 (Western Caribbean); NCL Pride of America, '16 (Hawaii II, SF to Hawaii);
Orlando Florida
221 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Thanks for posting Ernie. We are doing the Hawaiian Island sail on her next year (August 2006) so we really appreciate the feedback and reviews. Hopefully, many of the kinks will be worked out by then. Looking forward to your review and photos.
Erin & James
Calgary,Canada
1,839 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Thank you in advance, Ernie. It's refreshing to hear that they have such an enthusiastic crew, hopefully they don't get burnt out towards the end of their contract.
Heber Valley, Utah
918 Posts
Joined May 2000
I'll look forward to reading your review and seeing the pictures.

Does POAM have a steam room in the men's spa area?

Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Reflection - Oct 2018 B2B
RCI Freedom of the Seas - Oct 2017 B2B
Caribbean Princess - July 2017
RCI Serenade of the Seas - Feb 2017
RCI Serenade of the Seas - Aug 2016 B2B2B
RCI Oasis of the Seas - May 2016 B2B
RCI Liberty of the Seas - Oct 2013 B2B
HAL Veendam - Jun 2013 B2B
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Feb 2013 B2B
RCI Rhapsody of the Seas - Sep 2012
Century Sun - May 2012
Emerald Princess - Feb 2012 B2B
Golden Princess - Apr 2008
Caribbean Princess - Feb 2008
RCI Legend of the Seas - Oct/Nov 2007 B2B
RCI Jewell of the Seas - Jan/Feb 2007 B2B
Grand Princess - Nov 2006
Sea Princess - Jan 2006
Dawn Princess - Jan 2005
HAL Zaandam - Jun 2004
HAL Rotterdam - Jan 2004
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - Mar 2003
Sun Princess - Sep 2002
Celebrity Millennium - Feb 2002
RCI Radiance of the Seas - Apr 2001
Sea Princess - Jan 2001
HAL Veendam - Jun 2000
HAL Veendam - Feb 1999
Carnival Inspiration - Apr 1997
New York City
2,675 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Glad you are impressed by the ship; and I'm sure the kinks will be worked out in time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The best things in life aren't things" ~ Art Buchwald
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PAST MEMORIES:
S.S. United States ~ T.S. Bremen & M.S. Europa ~ Carnival Mardi Gras ~ NCL Norway ~ RCI Majesty of the Seas (x2) ~ Carnival Fascination ~ Celebrity Zenith ~ Carnival Victory ~ NCL Norwegian Sea ~ RCI Voyager of the Seas ~ Carnival Legend ~ Sea Princess ~ HAL Oosterdam ~ Crown Princess ~ NCL Norwegian Dawn ~ Caribbean Princess ~ Carnival Miracle ~ Celebrity Summit (x2) ~ RCI Explorer of the Seas ~ Carnival Splendor ~ VIKING Hlin ~ VIKING Jarl

LOOKING FORWARD TO:
January 2018 - RCI Empress of the Seas - Nassau, Key West, Havana
July 2018 - HAL Amsterdam - Alaska
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7,157 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by balanceok
I'll look forward to reading your review and seeing the pictures.

Does POAM have a steam room in the men's spa area?

Thanks.
Yes. There are separate men's and women's steam and sauna located in each respective changing room. I believe they are free as well.

I just posted a full review of the ship (and pics) under a new thread.

Ernie